It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abrahamics in Particular are the New Heathens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
"Heathen" is of course an old chestnut from the silly, primitive-outdated language, to be used tongue-in-cheek, mockingly. Here the slur means, to the extent my words can express, the Most Militantly Ignorant and Powerfully Brainwashed. Specifically, those who are, seriously enough, adherents to whichever of the 2 overgrown children of the Sumerian-ripoff religion (Judaism) are THE most glaringly populous among the Great Clueless Human Race, though obviously Jews themselves are of equal enough mumbo-jumbo-based zeal. Collective Abrahamism is the single biggest impediment to real progress, freedom, knowledge etc. because of the staggering degree to which the ancient institutions have a certain, um, totalitarian grip on their legions of, um, suggestable followers. The 3 religions - the original Unholy Trinity - are, moreso than not, THE oldest and most powerful curses on humanity.

Bottom line on the "Yahweh" creature, assuming he really existed in some obviously solely advanced tech-using ET way, is: There is absolutely no good or real reason to believe such a small-minded, JEALOUS (by his own admission) and, often enough, plainly psychopathic mafioso-type cult master created the infinite, incomprehensible universe, and HOW CONVENIENT that such a Supreme Being, if truly applicable, happens to look like a human...

It baffles me how very many of the alleged followers of Jesus particularly here in the US are constantly bemoaning that they allegedly have no power and influence, that the (alleged) "Antichrist" controls, and/or whatever "Satanic" forces control everything... as if the religious complainers are all merely sweet and innocent citizens. What a beyond-massive crock! Has anyone ever heard of a US politician who HASN'T butt-kissed the church-goers in an election campaign, AND subsequently often enough? It's essentially not different enough here from Iran. Both nations' governments are, particularly since late '01, Abrahamic religion-influenced haters of freedom, just with different styles. As a prime example, the Bushwhacker is known, documented, to strongly believe "God" commanded him to invade Iraq, though he denied it, weakly enough, several years later in a TV interview shortly before the end of his presidency. Well, politicians, and especially Presidents of the US, are expert liars; that's certainly literally in their (undisclosed) job description.

I tend to believe there needs to be enough of an evangelistic-type zeal, a "fire-breathing" laying down of the Law, if you will, in converting the new heathens, to the greatest possible extent, however long it takes. Fight fire with even stronger and smarter fire! The huge - no, not just huge - INFINITE difference between the new "evangelism" I propose and the same old religious nonsense is that my community's passion-motivation is based on the HONESTY and HUMILITY to ADMIT that we don't (yet?) KNOW the REAL truth, but that we have the most sincere possible DESIRE to know said truth, whereas effectively all religious people have is blind faith, mere BELIEFS. Yippee to their grand gooseegg, or close enough, of actual meaning. Knowledge and actions are everything; beliefs and words are nothing, effectively.

I don't mean to come off as merely a cranky atheist or some kind of ogre. Indeed I'm convinced of the existence of the intelligently unseen (IU) and greatly value morality and spirituality (not religion) in general. It's just that the words "god" (or "God") and "worship" aren't in my vocabulary. Anyone who would even TOLERATE, much less require, worship is clearly not of the divine, but simply the diabolical.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I would argue that the Abrahamic traditions added much to the betterment and civilization of mankind throughout the aeons.... but now.... I must agree that currently the hatred and egotistical nonsense connected with the fundamentalists of the three said religions is certainly holding us back, as a whole, from further stages of civilization....

edit on 1-8-2011 by wearewatchingyouman because: clarity

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by wearewatchingyouman
I would argue that the Abrahamic traditions added much to the betterment and civilization of mankind throughout the aeons.... but now.... I must agree that currently the hatred and egotistical nonsense connected with the fundamentalists of the three said religions is certainly holding us back, as a whole, from further stages of civilization....

edit on 1-8-2011 by wearewatchingyouman because: clarity

They possibly initially added something positive to the areas, where they originated.

As has been a constant contest-point, OT laws are very brutal (I'm now momentarily disregarding the theological implications), but in the context of life as it was then, not more so than most other cultural norm-systems of that time. Or for that sake in many cultures of recent times.

But from square one and onwards the abrahamic religions have been a catastrophe, when they have met (and often invasively taken over) other already established cultures.

From my own somewhat anthropological position, I am ofcourse not bringing in such simplistic romantic notions as 'the noble savage', but I will strongly point out, that what the abrahamic religions possibly can have added positively is completely overshadowed by the negative consequences.

To first take an example I'm familiar with (being a northern european myself). The culture in the area of the former Hansa-union (somewhat similar to the 'viking' culture) already had the first primitive elements of democracy on it. When the christian purely invasive northern crusades took place....pooof goes the democracy option, to be replaced with a theocracy/elitist society.

In innuit and pacific cultures, the neurotic christian sexual 'morality' led to untold misery for the native population. Not only because of the intrinsic sexual neurosis of christianity per se, but even more manifesting in the practical consequences such as environmental balance, spreading of plague-like illnesses and population-balance/genetic functionality.

In african and (both) american cultures re-inforcing the slave-ideology inherent in some parts of christianity (and Islam).

And that's just the ordinary-life aspects. When it comes to the more sophisticated parts of 'higher' cultures, the picture is similar. The damage from the invasive parts of especially the christianities and Islam has been disastrous. From impeding true knowledge-seeking (e.g. academically and/or science/logic systems), to propagandistically twisting useful knowledge from other religions, to actually hiding or destroying information (e.g. Popol Vuh and the Easter Island material), to the total destruction of the high-culture center in southern Europe (Jews. muslims, christians, gnostics meeting in co-existence) in the cathar-crusades.

'Excusing' talk about the new contract (covenant) and circle-argumented abrahamic 'morality' (it's good, because it's good) can maybe or maybe not be included as topic-relevant here, that's not for me to decide; but the situation as described above is indisputable and the attitudes in it can still define some abrahamic factions.

join