It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry has many lines of royal blood, says Burke's Peerage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Well, I knew that he was descended from John Winthrop and obviously had blue blood... but some of these genetic links are amazing:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

"After months of research into Kerry�s ancestry, Burke�s Peerage, experts on British aristocracy, reported on Monday that the Vietnam War veteran is related to all the royal houses of Europe and can claim kinship with Russian czar Ivan the Terrible, a previous emperor of Byzantium and the shahs of Persia."

The list goes on from there... making it sound like Kerry is related to every major royal family in the Western world.

Many presidents and presidential candidates have been remotely related to English, Scottish, or Irish kings/lords... But I don't remember ever reading about a candidate who had so many connections to the old european ruling order.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I think that's a good enough reason to elect Kerry. Anybody with me on this one? I mean how many countries can boast a decendant of Ivan the Terrible ruling the country? Also Ivan was prety good at combatting Islamic fundamentalists, so if it runs in the family, Kerry will be great to lead the war on terror. I have long suspected that Bush is not royal enough to lead the country, now that's official.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
yes... but he's also descended from the Shahs of Persia... so that might complicate our diplomatic options regarding Iran.

Also, his relation to the Byzantine throne might hurt matters with the Turks.

On the other had... since he's related to every royal family in northern Europe, that might help out his claim that he will somehow, magically, get Europe to love us again...

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

yes... but he's also descended from the Shahs of Persia... so that might complicate our diplomatic options regarding Iran.

Also, his relation to the Byzantine throne might hurt matters with the Turks.

On the other had... since he's related to every royal family in northern Europe, that might help out his claim that he will somehow, magically, get Europe to love us again...

We do love you! After all you gave us Coke ( the soft dink ) and J Lo.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Thats so cool! Well why is Kerry an idiot if he has royal blood...surley his family werent idiots...were they?

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Interesting article in The Guardian

After months of research into Mr Kerry's ancestry, Burke's Peerage, experts on British aristocracy, reported yesterday that the Vietnam war veteran is related to all the royal houses of Europe and can claim kinship with Tsar Ivan "The Terrible", a previous Emperor of Byzantium and the Shahs of Persia.

What interests me is that all presidential candidates have such illustrious roots. I know nothing whatsoever about geneology and the statistical probabilities of tracing your roots back to royalty. (I can only trace mine back to peasants and shopkeepers)

Any experts in the field? If you look hard enough can anyone find a famous lineage (along the lines of six degrees of Kevin Bacon) or is this the stuff of conspiracy?

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Any experts in the field? If you look hard enough can anyone find a famous lineage (along the lines of six degrees of Kevin Bacon) or is this the stuff of conspiracy?

That's my question

[edit on 17-8-2004 by deevee]

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   
this is certainly interesting...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
I think that's a good enough reason to elect Kerry. I have long suspected that Bush is not royal enough to lead the country, now that's official.

Half a dozen to the other...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I know the news is currently recycling these stories about Kerry's royal lineage, Bush's ancestory, the fact they're both related to a half dozen famous people and EACH OTHER, so no harm in bringing it up again here.

But let's keep it to this one super duper Bush and Kerry are Siamese Cousins seperated at Birth thread if we can, as I just merged a couple threads here already.

So PLEASE consider all these stories "related"
as they come out and add to this resource thread along with questions and commentary.

top topics

join