It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(News)UFO Crash Into Ocean At Flagler Beach Florida 2011-07-27

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Most likely a "celebration balloon"/chinese lantern - yet there is something odd about this news report.

The eye witness seems to be astonished by what he had seen, which doesn't necessarily fit the protocol of a chinese lantern.

"I've never seen anything like it before" says the witness.

No footage, but just another on the books - with some news coverage.

Something about the initial news opening reminded me of a lie. As if the two reporters were told to say it was nothing. Perhaps it was a black ops air craft that they were testing, and didn't expect witnesses. Otherwise I see no other reason for the news to want to report this, without any footage.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This is strangely resembling a case that happened in my area a few years ago. Same situation, a bunch of witnesses ( a bunch of calls to the 911 too ), news reports for a few days, police and law authority investigating but they didn't find anything, or may be not.

In the case I'm refering to, the police mentioned they found something in the river's floor, but they didn't look into it further, thinking it "could" be logs or a big rock, I always thought that was really weird.

source

edit: also found this thread by searching google.
edit on 1-8-2011 by spaceshrimp because: (no reason given)

edit2 : also found this thread giving more sources etc.
edit on 1-8-2011 by spaceshrimp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Is it just me and my particular location on this planet or, who else here has never seen in a store, being used by people, in an advertisement, etc. ANYWHERE but as an explanation to a UFO phenomena...a chinese lantern?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

lol I agree "it's was prububly one of them there chinese lantern thangs"

oh yeah, cause, you know, didnt you all see the chinese lanterns that are all over the world?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Are there a lot of Chinese people in Florida? Maybe I'll have to see if I can find out.

State & County QuickFacts
Florida
Asian persons, percent, 2010 (a) 2.4%

U. S. Census Bureau
edit on 1-8-2011 by N3k9Ni because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Well there we have it. 2% Asian.

The lanterns are most definitely not launched by people of a Chinese descent.

However, there is that 2%.

Which, thanks to the fine job our government does at cover ups, is more likely than a "UFO".

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
Is it just me and my particular location on this planet or, who else here has never seen in a store, being used by people, in an advertisement, etc. ANYWHERE but as an explanation to a UFO phenomena...a chinese lantern?

Unfortunately here in the UK they are irritiatingly common. We see them on a regular basis (definately lanterns, definately not UFOs!) and I've found burned out remains of them in my garden 3 times this year alone. They're a flippin' menace

top topics

join