It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I lost 20 minutes and gained an hour in a road trip Friday evening

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
You wasn't on the phone was you because my bird can talk on the phone for an hour and think only five minutes has past.
But check your milage on your car you should no weather any was missing on your trip

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I didn't read through everyone's reply, but this seems easy to verify. If you left at 5, and your husband knows this and you got to your parents at 8:10 then your parents can verify your time of arrival with your husband. Or you could have just called him from their place. This is proof enough that you got there an hour early.

As for the free hour, if it normally takes 4 hours and you made it in 3, this is not too ridiculous. All you really need is to drive 20mph more on the average to achieve this. Talking, listening, and considering how smooth cars feels these days, going 80mph with no cars around can feel like 40mph.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Fascinating story, and I believe you are being honest about it. Experienced enough weirdness myself not to scoff at others, and your tale rings true as well. Tat said, some advice. I would avoid, at all costs,someone hypnotizing you, for ONE reason. It is very difficult, even if the hypnotist is trying not to, for them to not influence you, and it's a fact that those under hypnosis can, will, and have, invented things to please the person asking questions. Just something about how our minds work. Examples of this can be seen all the time. A well-meaning shrink, that believes in abductions, for example, could inadvertently cause you to believe that's what happened, and maybe it is, but maybe it isn't. Better ways to deal with this.

Thoughts on the incident -

1.The time traveled wasn't enough for the distance. Nor was the gas used right. Clear correlation between those two facts, if you ask me! I would guess that somehow, you slipped through some "wormhole" or something like that, and went farther than you normally would have. A fold in space, something. Less gas, less time.

2. You and your daughter experienced confusion because our minds don't know how to accept something like that. So, when you traveled farther, in less time, your brain "forgot"the incident. The dog barking could mean he knew something was off, and was trying to get you to focus on it.

3. I would presume, from your statements, that this is a route you have traveled often, and that this hasn't happened before? That said,probably an isolated incident. We can hope! I have had times where things seemed to be NOT the same place, or on the same street, as I remembered. Made "matrix glitch" jokes about them, even. But, jokes aside, I do think perhaps things aren't as solid as we want to believe, or not ALWAYS as solid.

4. Next time you take the same trip, see if you can arrange to place a video camera in the car. One with a date and time set, and on the recording, so that you would see any "glitches". Assuming, of course, the camera didn't malfunction. IF this happens again,would be very interesting to see what the camera sees when you aren't aware. Tucked into the back window, aimed forward, and somewhat concealed, would be my recommendation, so that IF there is someone/thing involved, they might not notice it.

5. You state nothing like this has happened before. Has anything else weird happened in your life? From what I have gathered, people that talk reputably about abductions (including a late friend of mine) have several incidents. Even something that seems not related could be.

In any case, don't get spooked. If this was some outside entity or entities acting, that sort seems to thrive on fear. Just keep an eye on things, pay attention to what you dream, and see if anything else happens. Why dreams? Our subconscious clears things out while we sleep, even things we might not pay much attention to while awake. So, a little notepad and pencil beside the bed, to jot things down IMMEDIATELY upon awakening, for a few weeks, can't hurt. If nothing else, interesting to track your dreams. And you never know; some buried memory might pop up.

Finally, listen to your daughter. Pay attention to her play, her reports on her dreams, any sign of changes in behavior, etc. Just in case there is a clue there. My guess is, though, that this was some weird thing with the distance and time, and it probably won't happen again.

Wait, one more thing. Just to cover all bases, check news reports, etc, to see if anything was happening in that general area at the time. Anything unusual at all. And please, let us know if you remember anything, or anything else happens! Sent a prayer up, just in case, too.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by k21968

A couple of years ago I experienced something very strange as well. I had been to my son's house and it was now mid afternoon. I headed home. I was traveling from West to East. I came to a "round about", when suddenly I felt like I had past into a different zone, or plain. It was very strange, and very difficult to explain. It was surreal. To this day I think about it, especially every time I drive around that round about.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Ten years ago? I would guess he didn't clearly remember what sort of truck the friend had. Very common for different brands to be very similar, and the rest of the story is consistent.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by aero56
reply to post by k21968

A couple of years ago I experienced something very strange as well. I had been to my son's house and it was now mid afternoon. I headed home. I was traveling from West to East. I came to a "round about", when suddenly I felt like I had past into a different zone, or plain. It was very strange, and very difficult to explain. It was surreal. To this day I think about it, especially every time I drive around that round about.

Had similar things happen, not too uncommon, either! Times it seemed like something wasn't on the same street it should be, or something just felt different, as you describe. I get the feeling that this sort of thing is FAR more common than people want to admit, and most shrug it off. With similar reports from planes, though, you have to wonder what the officials might know, or think, or if anyone has done a real investigation.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by k21968

I can only suggest what many here have said which is to go see a hypnotherapist who deals in this type of phenomena.

You need to tell the negative family members to back off though, and hubby, maybe take him to the hypno-session too. If it's anything like 'The Fourth Kind' I'd be scared #less...and the session may end up being traumatic for your husband to witness, maybe, with the pain or hysteria involved with an abduction...especially if it happened to your teenage daughter too. As a father I fill with a most furious anger with the thought of anything like that happening to my children.
I am only pointing the above out because it may reveal things that he, your husband, may not be mentally prepared for, and sometimes fear will shadow love, although mostly always temporarily, and he may distance himself from you when this is a time when you all really need each other. You will know whether it is best for him to come or if it is something only you and your daughter have to do together.

You are strong, you are the rock, and you will do well with the knowledge.

I also just read 'The Terra Papers'....oh boy does that put a spin on life if real.
edit on 2-8-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
actually...i forgot to mention, there is a similar experience to these in one of whitley streiber's books...i think it's in "transformation". i read that years after my experience and found it very unsettling. if you're interested in reading it also i can try to find the book & section it's in...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I didnt read your story,if its about what i think it is,i also experienced this.

It was almost time for me to go to work,i looked at teh clock in teh room i was in. Time fifteen until i have to be at work. I walk out into the living room (a 20 second walk) and the time is now 3 minutes until i have to be at work.

I go back to my room because one clock has to be wrong. it now says 3 minutes until i have to be at work.
I then go back to the living room. turn on the computer to see if it is experiencing this,it says ten minutes until i have to be at work. viewing the other 2 clocks they are now in sinc with this cloc and i now have time to make it to work.

(the 2 clocks at the end are teh 2 i was talking about in the beggining.)

Around this time i experienced alot of paranormal activity. I also went through the possibilitys that someone hacked the 2 clocks and the 1 computer. But the other activitys i experienced make that possibility less likely.

Again i did not read your story,if it is like mine. It is an awesome experience.
edit on 2-8-2011 by gossipnancy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Robert was a brick mason I used to work with. He had this thing about small 4 cylinder trucks. He would get one and overload it to the breaking point. He went though truck left and right. He would never get a new one just some old beat up truck and it would last 6 to 8 months before it just quit. That time slip was a while back and it could have been a Ford Ranger or a Nissan. It has been so long ago to tell the truth I can not remember it he had the red Ford or the blue Nissan at the time. But it did happen that much is a fact. I really could not care less if any one believe it. I know it happened. I wished it had not.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I have read somewhere or maybe just heard someone say the body or brain produces THC which is the active ingredient in cannabis... I can't help but wonder if that an over abundance of THC is for some reason being produced in people that have had these experiences with time slowing down, things happening more quickly than they can explain and the feeling of confusion about it all... Seriously This is the kind of thing that my old running buddies and girlfriends would experience many years ago and it was a common thing then.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I am sure going in for hypnosis with the preconceived notion of an alien abduction will get you straight to the truth. Especially one that specializes in abductions.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Yes,

Your experience is eerily similar to other alien abduction scenarios. For peace of mind sakes, I too recommend seeking out an experienced hypnotist in your area. I know that if I were in your shoes I would be very concerned, but the good news is that it appears that you and your daughter are not injured. So if alien’s were involved they likely don’t mean you any harm. Quite the contrary perhaps, because they returned you both back en route to your original destination with as little disruption to your life as possible.

In a few of Dolores Cannon’s (regression therapist) cases on UFO abduction, alien’s have been known to literally lift people (and even their cars) up and onboard their ships. There are apparently more than one type of ET species that do this --- some she found are very benevolent and often will find that her clients have a spiritual connection to the ET’s that they are currently unaware of. The ET’s Dolores has investigated (through her clients) are master manipulators of time and space and are able to cloak their ships so they remain undetected almost everyone.

If you’re interested, I strongly recommend checking out some of Dolores Cannons books (if you download torrents, you can download many for free
But most importantly, I would get regressed by a good hypnotist so you will know what happened for sure. It might honestly be nothing and if not...remember the ET’s really could be benevolent...so for your peace of mind --- get some help as soon as possible!

edit on 3-8-2011 by OwenandNoelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by k21968
Friday evening my 15 yr old daughter and I left our home at 5 pm. We followed the same route as always off to my parents in Southern Ohio for the weekend. The trip always takes 4 hours. No more no less.

My daughter and I were having a great conversation with our puppy Clyde sleeping in the backseat. We were only about 30 minutes into our trip. We were talking and laughing and nothing out of the ordinary. The is the last thing both of us remember.

When we realized something was strange, our puppy was barking his high pitch Jack Russell terrier bark and my daughter just looked at each other. I noticed we were ALOT farther up the road (about 60miles) father than we should have been. I thought I had blacked out or something. I didnt mention it to my daughter but she immediately said to me "Mom, I know this sounds weird, but the last thing I remember is we were talking about Frankie. (a boy she likes). How did we get here already?" I told her I had no idea.

I looked at the clock and only 20 minutes had gone by from the time I last remembered. (530 and it was now 5:50). We were miraculously WAY up the highway almost a full hour ahead of schedule. In order for me to drive that distance 60 miles (approximately) in 20 minutes I would've had to have been driving at 180 mph. I drive a Kia. Impossible.

I called my husband. I didnt tell him anything except I didnt feel so well but he asked where I was. I told him and he said "How the heck did you do that".

I started crying. I dont remember how we got there and neither does she. We both blew it off, but it is obvious something strange happened. My daughter starts telling him on the phone the story and now he thinks I am nuts and that I influenced her to believe the impossible.

I dont know what happened or why. I just know SOMETHING happened.

We arrived at my parents house at 810 pm. We should have arrived at 9 pm or so. (depending on stops for potty, etc).

Another strange fact, it takes exactly 1/2 tank of gas to get to my parents house. The gas guage was sitting on about 2/3 full. So I didnt use as much gas.

I am not professing to know what happened. I just need to know if this has ever happened to anyone else?

I have felt "off" since then. I cant concentrate and I cant sleep. I am hoping someone out there can maybe tell me what we experienced or tell me if I need a good pyschiatrist and to enter my Kia in NASCAR.

For heaven's sake DO NOT go to a psychiatrist. There is nothing wrong with you -- you are not going nuts, you don't take drugs or drink, so the usual route won't help. All they will do is grasp, desperately, at an explanation that denies the reality of this situation. They will not seek the truth about your experience -- they will try to make it fit into their training and narrow beliefs. And psychiatry IS a belief system, BTW. You were either abducted, slipped through time, or something of a paranormal nature. That's why you feel "off" and you will likely begin to feel better as time goes on. Explaining this away as so many try to do is not denying ignorance -- it is embracing it and I think you want the truth, or something at least plausible, to rely on. The most plausible thing is that this was a paranormal event of some sort. It's the only thing that makes sense.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Someone els had a similar experience of missing time in this forum, he also felt sick. Can you check if you have any scars on your body possibly implants?
edit on 3-8-2011 by HazyChestNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
One of the better explanations is, that the Matrix was changing.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I was thinking about this thread a little...and came to the conclusion that it might be explainable.

The trip is 234 mls and usually takes 4 hrs, which is very correct seeing that some might drive 55mph+/-.

Now...while the story reads exciting and everyone of course "wants" it to be an alien abduction, you say you arrived approx. 50 mins earlier than expected which is roughly 20%. (240mins 190mins)

To drive the same distance in the time you said (minus the 50 mins)...you should have on avg. driven 74mph.

The question is simply whether at that trip you did indeed drive faster than usual, but maybe didnt realize it since you were engaged in communication with your daughter, or had other thoughts etc..maybe plus in addition lighter traffic than usual/better weather etc. maybe even something really trivial like "back wind". (Yes i know...unlikely..but possible nevertheless)

Another alternative would be a defect on your speed meter.

While..."interesting" as a story...just pointing out it would not be impossible to arrive 50mins earlier...it would indeed be plausible and wouldnt need aliens to do it.

edit on 3-8-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
ive actually had this happen to me when i was driving from my grandparents house and when i got home i remember reaching a certain stretch of road but then not remembering the rest of that road if that makes sense but the distance i traveled is at least 2 miles. so im pretty sure it wasnt an abduction or a time slip or a blackout. if it was a blackout you would have crashed for sure so i dont know what it is alll i can say is maybe you werent paying attention. but idk

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Something simular happened to me a few years ago.. I was on my way back from a conference in Toronto, it was very late about 1 A.M. dropped off my friend, continued on my way home I live out in the country, a road I have drove many many times.
When all of a sudden i drove accross some railroad tracks, I said to my self, there is no railroad tracks on the way home where the ?? am I?
I had to continue driving to get to the next intersection to find out where I was, it was very bizzar I kept playing back in my mind after I dropped off my friend and the last I can remember is dropping her off and heading home I was still in town at the time. I really dont know what to make of it, just decided to share it.
I am not sure if I missed some time as I was not paying close attention to the clock.
Thanks for listening!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Not a nice theory but...

You crashed, you died and now you live in a parallel universe. Life will continue as normal until you die in this realm.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join