It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I lost 20 minutes and gained an hour in a road trip Friday evening

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Man if that's you in your avatar I can see why they chose you! Smokin hottie! All kidding aside, I hope you find answers to what happened to you and your daughter. I believe you. I have never experienced anything like that so I can't be of much help. Good luck to you.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

No you haven't been abducted either. and grrrrrr to those members that being completely insensitive!

Yes, there are HUGE amounts of this type of phenomenon happening( at least here on ATS ); it's what is commonly called a 'Time Slip' I had one and posted on the thread called I had a confirmed time slip today

It's REALLY weird knowing how long it takes you to get to a certain location and then BAM, your there in like a 1/4 less of the time you should have been! For me, a trip that should have taken 45-an hour to get to, I got there in 20-25 minutes~!!

A close friend was with me to confirm it as well as my wife which she was in a separate car and she arrived 10mins before i did but she should have gotten there nearly at or just after I did ~!!

the thing I thought was interesting was the amount of gas you still had~!!!
THAT in itself was the clincher~!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
About 10 years ago me and a friend on mine had something like this happen to us. We were trying to get to the shop to turn a bill in on time to get paid that week and he decided to take a short cut. We knew where we were and there was not time laps. We just turn a curve and seen buildings we did not know. About a mile down the road we pulled over to find out where we had went wrong. I went in the gas station. I come back out and I am like "Robert, you and your **** short cuts." A quick check of the map and the clock showed we were 20 minutes and 200 miles from where we started. My math puts that at 600 miles per hour. I bet no one else has ever got a Nissan truck that fast before. We missed the dead line. We over shoot the shop by 180 miles. 20 minutes one way and 3 and a half hours the other way. You have to be careful of those short cuts.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm not being too insentive at all. Time slips are being reported on more then just a couple of websites.
Very valid point.
(Not listing now)

I just thought having more Gas after the wakeup was suspect.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Southern Ohio has lots of Native American burial mounds. If you were going from Cincinnati to Athens, a route I have driven many times, you go right past the turnoff to the Serpent mound. I mention this only because I have heard something before about losing time and burial mounds. A quick google search brought up this anecdotal story. I'm not sure where I first heard of lost time in reference to mounds, it may have been in one of those "Mysterious Places" type Time-Life books.

If that was the way you were traveling, it's definitely a bit of an eerie drive, at times, and lots of times there are few other travelers on the road - you can go ten minutes or half an hour without passing any other cars sometimes on that highway (route 32).

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

I don't think the OP said she gained gas in the tank that she didn't previously have, just that she did not use as much gas as it normally takes to get to her folks' house.

it takes exactly 1/2 tank of gas to get to my parents house. The gas guage was sitting on about 2/3 full. So I didnt use as much gas.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
while i can't help you OP, i'll say that i'm sure that was a pretty unnerving situation to go thru, i've had enough "WTF?!" moments in my years to not cast a shadow of doubt on you and your daughter/dogs experience.

but i'm planning a driving trip out of town soon, and i've decided to video tape the trip......just in case. who knows, i may just have to delete the 16gig card, or....

but try to stay calm and just play the trip thru your head, looking for oddities prior to the time slip, there may be some prior anomalies.

one more thing,

i've found a distance calculator online. just for our sake, input the cities, and see the exact distance/ approximate time.

driving distance/time calculator

edit on 1-8-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

I love hearing about specific places that seem to induce dimensional anomalies, so thank you for that.

It does seem that cultures who were more in touch with the forces of nature knew a few things that are presently unfathomable - literally - because their paradigm is totally different. Western civilization doesn't even have the tools to measure certain phenomena, which doesn' mean they are not real.

None of which means that all or even most "paranormal" reports are valid, or that many of the experiencers weren't ignorant kooks, of course. :-)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I was on a 19 hour road trip coming back from Florida and I don't remember the last 2 hours before getting home. I don't know how long you were driving, but I think after awhile with no change of scenery, and getting tired, your mind goes into a trance like state. I think that's what happened to me.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I will throw my experence out here also .

About six years ago I was comeing back from BatonRuge La. To Sinton Texas
I was down to Victoria Texas when I ran into heavy rain. It was cold and the Mustang I was driveing had no heater.
I got behind a Grayhound buss . The rain was so heavy all I could see was the taillights on the buss .
I had to be very focused on those lights as I could barely see the road but the hound was running 80.

The next thing I know I see the exit to my house..
Victoria to Sinton is 80 miles..what should have taken an hour or more took 30 minutes..did I look at my watch wrong at Victoria or was I self hyptomized by my intence focus on the buss .
I could not sleep and I just figured I was over tired from my nonstop trip .

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I had an experience somewhat like that. It's posted here somewhere in the grey area forum.

I left on what was always a 3 hour trip give or take 15 minutes. I had traveled it many, many times.

That evening it took me 5 1/2 hours and I don't remember much about it. I remember leaving my house and driving the first 20-30 miles and then I was arriving at my friends house 5.5 hours later. No memory of the trip.

Everybody at the other end that was waiting for me was worried something happened.

Something did. Not sure what though. been pondering it for 20 years now and have no explanation.

I was kinda disoriented for a few days mostly just trying to wrap my mind around what could have happened.

And no, there were no drugs or alcohol involved. 100% sober , only on Mt. Dew.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
perhaps you drove thru a temporal anomaly or rip in time/space?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
It has happened to me a number of time both losing time and gaining time. It's called the "Oz Factor" and apparently it is quite common.

paranormal.about.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
reply to post by k21968

As you say -go to a good pyschiatrist and explain the situation... it may be
that 'something' nothing more than you 'time-slipped' although I doubt these
things exist.

As far as an alien abduction, the shrink may have other options.

Good luck.

The time slip would explain only the inconsistencies in time, and not the inconsistencies with the unused gas, the unused gas throws the time slip theory out the window. If this was an abduction the abductees would have to had moved the car and its occupants through both time and space so that time was gained and the distance was traveled without the use of the cars gasoline. I am new to this line of thought, so please correct me if I am wrong.
edit on 2-8-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
A check:

a) what did the odometer read?
b) modern cars record various engine parameters & history in their computer. I wonder what they would say in these cases?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

if you drove thru a rip in time/space or wormhole, you would not use extra gas. in fact you would use less gas and travel further in a shorter amount of time. as for the memory loss....that's another story.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

I'm not inclined to believe you for one reason:

Your time slip experience in this thread:

About 10 years ago me and a friend on mine had something like this happen to us. We were trying to get to the shop to turn a bill in on time to get paid that week and he decided to take a short cut. We knew where we were and there was not time laps. We just turn a curve and seen buildings we did not know. About a mile down the road we pulled over to find out where we had went wrong. I went in the gas station. I come back out and I am like "Robert, you and your **** short cuts." A quick check of the map and the clock showed we were 20 minutes and 200 miles from where we started. My math puts that at 600 miles per hour. [color=limegreen]I bet no one else has ever got a Nissan truck that fast before. We missed the dead line. We over shoot the shop by 180 miles. 20 minutes one way and 3 and a half hours the other way. You have to be careful of those short cuts.

Your time slip experience in another thread:

Me and a friend of mine had something like this happen to us about 15 years ago. Me and Robert were on our way to hand in a bill for work he had done for a housing company. 3 o'clock was the cut off time to had in bills for the week if you wanted paid that week. If not you had to wait a whole week to get paid. He was driving along and all of a sudden I seen houses and building I had not seen on this road before. I started to look around and got a quick look at a road sign and told him to stop we had made a wrong turn some where. Well he did not want to have any part of stopping. That is until about half a mile down the road even he started to notice something is wrong. He stops and I run in a store to ask where we are and the answer was not good. I told him and he told me I was full of crap. So he asks a cop that drives up. After talking to the cop and doing a little math I was afraid we were going to get a big time speeding ticket. [color=limegreen]To get to where we were at to where we started from in the time we did the little Ford Ranger would have had to been going close to Mach 1. We had cover a little over 200 miles in less than 20 minutes! I never knew a 4 cylinder could go that fast.

Unless you've had lots of timeslips and your friend Robert has had lots of trucks over the years, something doesn't add up here.

edit on 2-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by k21968
reply to post by brindle

I havent had a drop of alcohol since 1995 on Dec 15th, the day I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. I dont smoke wacky weed either. I am a nerd so that is not it.

I am very serious and sorry you dont believe me and felt you had to make a joke. I pray this never happens to you because I cant find anyone to help me without thinking I am crazy. I thought this would be a safe place.

I'm going to give you the best piece of advice that I can.

Accept it.

I 100% whole heartily believe you, however, you will never be able to prove what happened. Seeking out psychiatric help isn't what you need, also dwelling on it certainly isn't going to change anything in a "positive" manner.

These two things are likely to change the perceptions people hold about you provided they become privy to the information... You already stated your husband thinks you influenced your daughter... Imagine this scenario x1,000. It's not often somebody will believe the seemingly impossible happened when they have never experienced anything quite like it. It's much more believable to people that lack extraordinary experience to assume you are having a mental bout with your wits. We tend to believe what is more likely... and in this situation, some one lacking a similar experience is more likely to believe you are hoaxing or sick, maybe even mentally ill.

Secondly, I assume you are losing sleep because you are baffled and it stays on your mind all the time... You have become preoccupied over this event... don't let it consume you -- sometimes we just have to accept that certain events are just completely unexplainable.

I have had experiences that are similar in the respect that they aren't explainable and unprovable. However, those that were involved will ALWAYS know it happened. You just kind of have to accept that fact and keep it moving.

I can share my experiences via U2U if you'd like.... however, I don't think it's necessary to post them publicly.
edit on 2-8-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
reply to post by k21968

They could have put us anywhere, but to put us on the highway we had to take to get
where we were going was odd dont you think?

The 'They' is a little hasty as you don't know what happened yet. I would caution against
jumping to an Alien Abduction scenario.
I agree. You could have went into a portal which opened at the same time that your car passed.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I can relate to this sort of time slip thing.. I've had similar things happen but in the early 70s about everyone was maintaining a buzz... Recently I have kind of spaced out and suddenly realized I had passed up where I had to exit or turn and had driven 30 miles and then the return trip to the exit would have me at least 45 minutes late for a medical appointment but I would be on time.. I'm getting old and take medication and have written off it off as being the reason.. I have been on the Blue Ridge Parkway and it isn't the kind of road where a person could be hypnotized by the highway.. That is more of a problem on interstates or further to the west where the roads are straight.. The OP's story really does sound like what happened to myself and two friends 39 years ago.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join