It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I lost 20 minutes and gained an hour in a road trip Friday evening

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I think the OP should cast her mind back to before that night in the car. Has anything else strange happened in the last couple of months? Have YOU changed anything about yourself / your beliefs or opinions in the last few weeks?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

I feel I owe you an apology...I was unaware of such things as "time slips" and after reading a few threads on it...what you posted makes much more sense to me, and could indeed be a possiblity.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
That's so weird I had something incredibly similar happen a few years ago...I was driving a Chevy S-10 with my room mate sitting passenger up to his moms house in Los Molinos California driving from San Jose Ca. It's a fairly long boring drive an we've made it a few times at this point because i was dating his sister so his mom was like family..Anyways we both suddenly became aware that something was wrong at the same time...we both literally said Whooohh WTF? how did we get here?????we were right outside Los Molinos in Tehama and had no idea what happened for most of the trip, an I mean none, nothing, nada no recollection an still to this day no idea...which is weird enough but explainable by the rode can Hypnotize people...BUT WHAT ISN'T EXPLAINABLE is how we made it there in a little under 2 hours by the clocks on our phones and on my dashboard an every other clock we checked as soon as we got outta my truck. We couldn't and still can't believe it but it happened....Apparently it's happened to people while flying as well and there is radio transmissions and airport traffic reports showing private aircraft an military aircraft moving vast distances over to short a period of time so we're not alone....I been thinking maybe it has to do with solar energy/magnetism bending time/space or Shear energy from the sun converting mass into energy possibly forcing objects/people in an out dimensions/time propelling us faster than usual in the stream of time...justa thought

edit on 1-8-2011 by NewsWorthy because: apparently there was a big M class solar flare yesterday or sometime in last few days and we're having quite a sunspot show on the surface of our sun right now so maybe thats a portion of the puzzle

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I dont know what to think, in fact i dont know whether Alien Abductions, Time Slips etc. even EXIST.

But for the sake of it, lets just assume the story is true.

If it was a "time slip" or a wormhole or whatever....it would not explain that she didnt use up the gas she usually does when she takes that route....if (through some still unknown phenomenon) she "skipped time" or "fell into a wormhole" etc.....she should have used up that gas.

Somehow...they arrived at the destination but (speculation) did not actually drive, as if someone put the car there...after "something" happened...

The other, explanation of course...there is nothing "weird" about the story whatsoever and it can be explained by subjective experience of time...or things happened on that trip which didnt happen on any other.

For example. they could have stopped more often in earlier trips...but didn't this time...or they took a new route....or traffic was lighter...or the car faster or whatever other combination of possible "normal" explanations.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by brindle

Being a nerd is not really cool.Try to update your situation.

Being an A** hole is even less cool...try doing something about the lack of respect, and really bad attempt at humor..
Way to express yourself.Its great people like you who have made the jerry springer a fantastic show for decades now.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by brindle

Being a nerd is not really cool.Try to update your situation.

Being an A** hole is even less cool...try doing something about the lack of respect, and really bad attempt at humor..
Way to express yourself.Its great people like you who have made the jerry springer a fantastic show for decades now.

What ..you worried I'll take your spot on the show...? All you have done is troll this thread with really rude posts...I call you out..and I'm the candidate for jerry show??

Nice try......FAIL..

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Jerry, jerry, we will be right back with jerrys final thoughts on the abductee who went to mars on a alien craft.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

YUP on the bluegrass parkway in KY

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Of course, people start explaining this with Alien Abductions etc...this is all ok and dandy, but in my opinion it would make sense FIRST to get some facts right *before* getting into speculation.

For example, you say

"The trip always takes 4 hours. No more no less."

Which is not exact enough and rather a guess based on experience.

It would be MUCH better if we start this with a map and know the exact distance, instead of a personal guess "how long it usually takes" because there might be factors influencing travel time, traffic etc.

How far a distance is that trip?

signature:

brindle

It is 234 miles

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Lulz

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
I think the OP should cast her mind back to before that night in the car. Has anything else strange happened in the last couple of months? Have YOU changed anything about yourself / your beliefs or opinions in the last few weeks?

My beliefs have changed alot in the past year or so, I am much more open minded and I joined ATS. The only other thing was I cut 6 inches off of my hair on a whim...but I doubt that is related.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

crazy
I know that driving is capable of bringing on a trance state, making it easy to forget exactly how you got from a to b, but that doesn't explain any of the other factors so good luck, and um as you can tell from the reaction you have gotten here on ATS I would in real life pick very carefully who I choose to explore this with

edit on 8/1/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I assume your honesty and couple of things ring a bell with me. My wife has experienced a similar event years ago, losing tow hours, then a string of events. I too experience odd things and the tip off is your feelings of not being quite on.

Several times after an event which in case I seem to share, I and she depending on how or what happens, tend to make us very disoriented and on a couple of time almost sick. One wild night recently, I even woke with burn like marks on my arm in a triangle shape. We know now of others influencing us and others and it matters not what others think. The best I can say is, go with it for truly we have little choice or control. On another topic just now, I posted an event of a few weeks ago where my wife fought this and finally admitted they had been there all her life and had not really harmed her at any time.

Sorry to lay this on the line and it may not apply, but I feel it does. Look at it this way, we are part of something exciting and interesting and may be far more than we know. Do know

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your story. I hope you eventually learn what happened & regain your sense of normalcy. I suggest getting blood work and a physical, but not pursuing psychologists yet, unless further events warrant it.
Have you considered that the time slip might have been from a neutral or even beneficial event? Are you the kind of person that would help someone on the side of the road? If so, maybe you pulled over and they erased your memories but still did you a good turn. It doesn't have to be a bad reason. On a lighter note, and without any disrespect towards you, it might explain why so many people are driving like zombies.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
One more thing, OP. You didn't tell how the weather was on that day.
I mentioned this to someone who knows lots of such stories, and really, the weather is essential information.
Was it stormy either before or after the event? This is purely anecdotal, but an awful lot of similar stories seem to have happened in late July or early August, at the time when electric storms are more frequent than at any other time of the year.

It is essential that you don't jump to any conclusions but keep you mind truly open, or you might deprive yourself of valuable insight, about yourself and about the world.
I'll say it again, do not rely on a single website to provide you with answers. Search for similar stories.
I typed "missing time" + paranormal (simply to exclude games and other irrelevant stuff), and DogPile came up with this very good array, which includes the About Paranormal website I mentioned earlier.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I believe this is a clear and distinct case of abduction. All though you fail to mention if there is any other traffic around when this happens, clearly if there were other vehicles around or buildings nearby someone else in this area would have had to witness this. A full size car dissappearing off the road doesn't happen often, so was there anyone or anything else around that may have seen something, nearby gas station or buildings that would have been occupied at the time. I would suggest asking around the area. Also I would suggest hypnosis, it doesn't work on everyone, but if you are a nerd then chances are you are good at concentrating therefore you should be able to be placed under hypnosis. Also there are many places around that offer voice stress analyzing services. If this is related to mental lapse or mental illness or on the slight chance you are lying they will be able to give you clear answers, as well if you are telling the truth they will be able to tell you that as well, if it is bothering you so much I suggest you look into trying to find out what truly happened rather than asking around on ATS.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
Jack daniels--another satisfied customer.

She said Jack Russel Terrier..but funny nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Having MORE gas then you should takes it out of Alien Abduction. What ? They scanned her and her daughter,did tests, then stopped at a SHELL for inconvenience?

MMM bop..Weeee Areeee sorrrryyy... Have some exrta gas?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by k21968
reply to post by A boy in a dress

NO marks or anything. Just absolute brain chaos. I cannot concentrate on anything. I have smoked for 15 yrs and havent smoked a cigarette since that happened. i dont want one. I just feel exhausted and out of sorts. My daughter seems to be normal. She is a teenager and always sleeps, so who really knows with her.

Is there a military establishment near the highway you were travelling?
I think the government abducted ya took you to an underground lab where they are working on mind control, the experiment was to see if they could mind control you to quit smoking, and seeing how that it worked and you posted it here, expect them to be taking you back to their facility to "debrief" you.
Thanks and have a nice day. And don't feel bad when they debrief you, you won't even remember the lost time incident.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
i had something similar happen when i was younger. it was probably around 1985...my mom & i were returning from a family visit and i needed to stop at a restroom. we were in a small town and there were no places to stop on the main road. my mom and i saw a sign that said 'business district' and decided to take the turn off in hopes we could find a place to stop. we drove by a few buildings then saw an exit ramp. we took the ramp and ended up coming out on the highway of the next town we were originally traveling towards, however it's actually about 35 miles away. the whole trip from the sign-ramp-highway took no more than a couple of minutes. we were both really shaken up by it and have never been able to explain it. afterwards when traveling in that area, we looked for the 'business district' sign again but were never able to find it. i've had other strange things happen throughout my life, but never another experience like that one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join