It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Shapes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
The sightings of one particular shape more often in one era or another has more to do with mass media in my opinion.

Maybe. If so, though, here's a test. There have been a lot of alien craft recently depicted in movies as kind of spiky, organic shaped things with long spires or maybe tentacles reaching out of them. You know hopefully know the kind I mean.

But I haven't seen an increase in the number of UFO reports describing them as organic looking with spikes and tentacles coming out of them. So maybe the influence of movies, etc., isn't as strong as you'd think.

Maybe. But that's not really what I meant, yeah movies do influence people, but I meant mass media like news reports or TV shows like UFO Hunters or something where it is not pure fiction, something that has a level of credibility or seriousness to it. Like when Kenneth Arnold reported seeing 'flying saucers' in 1947 the reports of saucer shaped craft increased. But I would guess that if you were somehow were able to analyze all the genuine reports from this era(late 40's/early 50's, worldwide) they would be as diverse as they are today, just a guess though.
edit on 10-8-2011 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Of course one couldn't say for sure without access to the actual vehicles, but common sense would dictate that form follows function. Just like how recon aircraft, UAVs, fighter jets, personnel transport, and heavy lift transport aircraft all look different even when they share many common features. To say that they differ "just because" or that "one is more advanced than another" seems a little silly. Like all the known vehicles we have available, it's likely all the UFO shapes and designs would be fairly well optimized for the purpose that they're intended for.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join