It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Shapes

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by phrankie79
I have always felt that not enough attention goes into the actual shape of these craft that are spotted.

The classic "saucer" shape can be traced back hundreds, if not thousands of years. It has been painted in classic art works, drawn and etched into ancient stone.

An early ufo photograph, taken around 1870. The object was actually cylindrical or cigar-shaped, as often referred and cave paintings found in Tanzania, that were estimated to be up to 29,000 years old.

So, aliens are flying around earth thousands of years ago in crafts that have the same shape as ones spotted today.Which could mean they are not as advanced as we give them credit for, or they are so advanced that they have reached the apex of technology.

Yes,
i have always justified in my head they were as far forward as they could go, but maybe thats it, maybe they got as far as here, didnt get nay further, didnt move on any from where they were hundreds of years ago... maybe we are almost at there level?

but this is why it confuses me about the triangle shaped (and lack of cigar and saucer in the grand scheme of things) ships now... are they a diffrent species... is this there new and improved star ship of the future... or is it an easy shape for our governments to produce??

So many questions.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
You got to take into account also that what might be a triangle shape to one witness might be a ball of light to the next one that sees it. When had my big sighting a few years back, my first glimpse was of a black messy shape with white holes. It kinda looked like burned paper on the sky. When I glanced again it began to take shape into a proper symmetrical craft with flashing light, sparkly underside and little stubby turned up wings, like a manta-ray. My last glimpse as it got real high in the sky and moved away was of a silvery-white ball. My neighbour was out by this time and he swore it was a kids balloon 'cos he could see the string.

edit on 1-8-2011 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
You got to take into account also that what might be a triangle shape to one witness might be a ball of light to the next one that sees it. When had my big sighting a few years back, my first glimpse was of a black messy shape with white holes. It kinda looked like burned paper on the sky. When I glanced again it began to take shape into a proper symmetrical craft with flashing light, sparkly underside and little stubby turned up wings, like a manta-ray. My last glimpse as it got real high in the sky and moved away was of a silvery-white ball. My neighbour was out by this time and he swore it was a kids balloon 'cos he could see the string.

edit on 1-8-2011 by wigit because: (no reason given)

curiously where in scotland are you? roughly just as i have never seen a UFO in real life... was wondering if you were local... from my understanding there are generally alot of UFO sightings relativley near me but as i said never witnessed any myself!

Do you think it was maybe just the angle you seen it at?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Yeah, i like to think that is the reason for the different types of craft seen. Just different kinds of aliens. i think they just come here for curiosity these days, they can't play god with us anymore.

Think about how easy it would have been for an alien species to come here and tell everyone they were God? Of course people would believe them.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GonzoSinister
it is an interesting thought, what i actually meant was for lots of people though maybe they arnt seeing anything that is there... just what they want to see... as in maybe chemically unbalanced.

Well, there are certainly people who have delusions. But some of these are UFO delusions you can take a photo of, or show up on radar, or leave landing pad prints on the ground. So what we're talking about here is something that is "real," just not real the way we understand it.

For most of us, reality is a consensus. If everybody agrees that something is real, then it is. Like dreams. We pretty much all have dreams, so we agree they're real, even though we have no direct physical proof that they exist. And if you see something and nobody else sees it, then you're crazy and they can lock you up.

These UFO things would appear to represent a kind of reality that has some objective components to it, but also relies heavily on us being able to experience and define it.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

I'm from Fife.

When I first glimpsed the UFO, it was over my partner's shoulder, and it came out from behind the chimney of the house over the road. I was already a "believer" so I left his nibs "the skeptic" to get a good look while I ran for my camera. I got photos but camera was no good and I didn't know that when you view things on pc you don't shrink and SAVE, lol. (I was just trying to view the whole image on a small screen) So what might have been -not bad- photos turned into little ones with a dot where the UFO was.

Are you anywhere near Bonnybridge? I saw a huge glowing blue ball rolling up a field towards us one night on a skywatch there. I freaked out totally (screaming fit and all) and we fled the area. Another one that got away.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I view the multiplicity of craaft as merely indicative of the variation of visitors and their technological bents.
Obviously much of what we see is not really intelligable...
(I cite the two gendarmes sitting in their renault parked overlooking a quadrant of sky, in which hung a huge triangular UFO.
They watched this thing occaisionally shoot giant red fireballs out of it in pairs whi9ch would go off to the horizon then return to the ship.
The triangle did this for a long period of time before moving off......
What the hey could we assume they were up to?
It is not at this time for us to know.
If we could collect and computerize every scrap pof data from every country and run it through some giant comparison program, we may get a few ideas .Merely doing this kind of comparison (ship styles over the years)is not going to give accurate results i dont think.
Too many variables of other types to consider.
IE The purpose of the vessel in question(scout?battlecruiser?frieghter?
perhaps an interdimensional runabout?
Too much remains unknown about the universe to make any prejudgements.
I will add my guess is that theres as many races and types of beings as an infinity can produce almost....I think it goes on forever and we are gonna journey to the end someday.....
There is a universe just teeming with life out there, i can sense it.
er well IMHO
Also id like to add that UFOs have been reported in the aircraaft carrier and larger sizes too.....
Some symetrical some very much asymetircal too...with all kinds of protrusions and bumps etc much like a flying aircraft carrier would look.
There is USOs to consider as well....saucers seem very aquatic , but if they have the plasma shield suggested by science any shape would have not a whisp of drag coefficient in air or water....

edit on 1-8-2011 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

maybe the have replicators like in star trek you just ask for
the part you want and is built atom by atom
we already have this in the pipeline known as nano tech

what you think freind?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Also to all the posters so far... thank you, i always get worried about starting a thread, especially one without pics and links..

Hey Gonzo, interesting thread and there's some relevant pics and charts at the link below -there's also an intriguing statement from General Vasily Alexeyev.

UFO/OVNI shapes

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Just to make another point, what about certain UFOs exlusive to certain locations, the one that caused the shut down of an airport in China:

i.afterdawn.com...

Now, I don't know of, if any, other reports similar to this shape. Now that raises questions, do they like certain global locations, if so, for how long have they preferred these locations? Thousands of years perhaps, so much so, thay maybe they have influenced the particular civilisations at those places.

Purely speculation as always.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
As a person who believes also in E.T on Earth - I must stress that I also feel that 90% of the 5% sighted on Earth are most likely black ops air craft.

There has been a huge twist, propoganda and suggestions, that E.T is here and that all UFOs = Alien.

I think that is very plainly not true.

It's a simple cover up on their technology.

Though I do have good reason to think that E.T is here. And that is most likely where we received the technology for these crafts in the first place.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Recently I was resigning to the 'fact' that I guess people don't see "flying saucers" anymore. Right after that, some posts appeared here on ATS, where witnesses reported stuff that sounded -just like- from 1950s-to-1970s. One guy said these two flying discs he was looking at, reminded him of those large trampolines. Meanwhile, I see ---nothing--- in the skies anymore. I was straining recently, to establish exactly when.....was the last time I saw what I could truly call ufos. It was abouts 1984 in Nevada.
edit on 2-8-2011 by simone50m because: edit

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

reply to post by TeslaandLyne

So is this too say the cigar shape is more of a recovery veichle of sorts??

the saucer and triangle being the same craft with essentially body modifications for more interior space??

(im just trying to understand the need for diffrent shaped craft if they are of diffrent shape)

The linear UFO or ship might just be a tryout of a different power system based on same
principle design for more room than being a container ship. I saw a video of Nazi saucers
and the large ship to carry saucers but with super fast ships what is the need. For recovery
there might be a special ship but how do you hide the operation. Did the Cash and Landrum
vehicle need recovery or did it just erratically go back to a base. From Bill Lyne I got a story
about a ship hitting a house and the crew was taken out. How isolated was this house as
perhaps only the owner was given an offer to keep quiet and get a new house and any
neighbors kept away from the site. Also as the story goes this news itself might be cause
for the saucer administrators to go looking to get their money back for his new house.

The triangle shape is perhaps a way to stop saucer sighting as I see high altitude flights
quite often and they do look like a triangle.

So the large Andromeda with storage is just made up for appeasing Nazi saucer seekers
as only the Foo ships have the most sightings in the 40s but a large zeppelin type is
thought to have been made. And the triangle with inner workings of the saucer to throw us
off the old mystery. If there are bunch of glowing sighting that doesn't help but the best
sightings may have determined that oval, flat disc, wing and triangle are fact and a video
of a Zeppelin type ship perhaps rounds out the shapes. Although Lyne say any shape
and weight ship might be successfully constructed. I suppose due to the energy in the
environment at our disposal if some people wanted it that way. Perhaps where cities
floating in the sky came from by the generation of its own gravity. By creating force in
the environment I'd say Tesla knew his gravity better than Einstein cause the ships all
work that way.
ED: any shape and weight .. yeah thought about Earth, could Earth be moved by a
big Tesla Tower operated in the saucer ship manner. Best not to fool with mother
nature. Good reason for no disclosure of the E.T. presence in our environment.

edit on 8/3/2011 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

See that is an interesting... somthing i didnt think about before,

But lets say... a race..specifically felt right to a particular breed of ET or even more so they are directly connected to a breed of ET and infact thats the reason they evolved or advanced in a certain way...

it almost makes sense

Thanks

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thanks alot for the images!!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit

I'm from Fife.

When I first glimpsed the UFO, it was over my partner's shoulder, and it came out from behind the chimney of the house over the road. I was already a "believer" so I left his nibs "the skeptic" to get a good look while I ran for my camera. I got photos but camera was no good and I didn't know that when you view things on pc you don't shrink and SAVE, lol. (I was just trying to view the whole image on a small screen) So what might have been -not bad- photos turned into little ones with a dot where the UFO was.

Are you anywhere near Bonnybridge? I saw a huge glowing blue ball rolling up a field towards us one night on a skywatch there. I freaked out totally (screaming fit and all) and we fled the area. Another one that got away.

Im from north lanarkshire... i am dying to see somthing ET-y which is wierd because i already beleive.. it wouldnt make me believe any more thn i already doo... just want to be right !!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Interesting topic.

I would look at it like this: throughout the ages witnesses have always seen different shaped UFO's, for whatever reasons ie. different species of ET's for example.

The sightings of one particular shape more often in one era or another has more to do with mass media in my opinion. Many sightings can, after thorough examination, be explained as nothing unusual, but witnesses will more often than not see what they have already been exposed to in a cultural sense. But I would guess that of actual unexplained sightings, the shapes would be diverse as they have always been.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
Interesting topic.

I would look at it like this: throughout the ages witnesses have always seen different shaped UFO's, for whatever reasons ie. different species of ET's for example.

The sightings of one particular shape more often in one era or another has more to do with mass media in my opinion. Many sightings can, after thorough examination, be explained as nothing unusual, but witnesses will more often than not see what they have already been exposed to in a cultural sense. But I would guess that of actual unexplained sightings, the shapes would be diverse as they have always been.

i was thinking... it may be a test... somthing ATS might beinterested in.

Could we choose a shape, try an viral up a video, somthing that hasnt been a classic UFO shape before, as like a test theres some good Photoshopers on here, so graphic designer type folks, and see if there is an increase or similar of this new shape of craft... that would at least give us somthing to base thoughts on how pop culture drives UFO sightings....

i smell a thread challenge comming on

Also... My 200th post... wooooop

edit on 10-8-2011 by GonzoSinister because: 200th post

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
The sightings of one particular shape more often in one era or another has more to do with mass media in my opinion.

Maybe. If so, though, here's a test. There have been a lot of alien craft recently depicted in movies as kind of spiky, organic shaped things with long spires or maybe tentacles reaching out of them. You know hopefully know the kind I mean.

But I haven't seen an increase in the number of UFO reports describing them as organic looking with spikes and tentacles coming out of them. So maybe the influence of movies, etc., isn't as strong as you'd think.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
My own personal opinion- Looking at saucer shaped flying craft: edgewise- [ not from the bottom or the top,] at a distance- [not close-up,] tends to make the disc appear "cigar" shaped. Albeit... A big fat cigar shape.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join