It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Shapes

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I was wondering if people (the knowledgable ones) Could explain some things to me,

It has played on my mind for a while now and a post in another thread today about Triangles got me thinking other people have noticed it..

The first Real UFO Sighting/crash in the US that people have suggested might have somthing to it was (from my understanding) was the UFO that Crashed tower of Judge Proctor's windmill from accounts of this it was meant to be a silvery Cigar shaped object (essentially a blimp shaped object)

Now if we fast forward to world war two the so called "foo fighters" were either triangular or Spherical flying in triangular formations

Then not long after world war two all sightings were essentially the classic saucer shape which has now became the norm in Sci-fi

more recentley we seem to have moved back to the Triangular shaped UFO's from our first adventures in long haul Ariel flying (ww2)

i am wondering if there is more too it than this, does pop culture drive what we are wanting to see in the sky?
i ask as although throughout history Triangles, orbs (sphere's), Cigars (blimps) and Saucers have all been seen there seems to large amounts of one shape at any given time,

Now if i look at things objectivley i would say what people see now, the triangular shape would be more earth based, it is the best shape for us to be building aircraft that has been proven to be stealthy and generally speaking it doesnt take to much imagination to get from classic aircraft design to a triangular shape.

the cigar (blimp) shape is spotted much less but at the time when they were being seen more often, blimps and balloons were out there, there wasnt internet or camera phones and for alot of people these slow moving goliaths of the sky could be seen as unworldly,

from everything we know about physics the saucer shape would be unstaible when airborn, so why build a device that would not have the manouvering capabilities of Craft we (the human race) can already build?
much the same as Orbs or sphere's although increadibly aerodynamic, this really isnt an issue in interstellar space travel due to lack of air to be dynamic in

So i was just wondering if people could suggest and discuss why the shapes seem to change with the times?

just another thought, if we were being visited by aliens, if there were ships in our atmosphere, would they not be uniform, if all the aliens were the same race would they have personalised ships? or would they (as i would have thought) be all in very similar ships due to a design that works??

Can people let me know what they think?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Maby over time the design of their ships has changed, just like alot of things we have invented over the years have also.

I would say that the Triangles are our governments new stealth craft though. I say 'new'. They've probaby had them for at least 20-30 years if you consider all of the sightings of triangles during the Belgium UFO wave of 1989. Maybe that way them test flying them? Who knows...

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

Yeah i thought about the idea of there shape changing over time... but i just cant see the idea of a race of ET's sooo advanced they are traveling accroos many galaxies needing to upgrade there ships design so many times over 150 years or so, you'dve thought they'd have it down to a fine art by now.

And yes i absolutley agree, to me traingle shapes just seem to similar to what we do/can do already to be otherworldly!!

Thanks for the reply

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Travis Walton saw three shapes of ship all parked at the base he was taken to.
For course he wandered out of the hospital and was captured.
Two were oval shapes and one was a flat disk shape.
You can see the flat disk in various old photos and the Rex Heflin UFO Hunters
episode on youtube. An oval in the Zamora video.

The triangle is nothing more than the saucer with walls around it.
The old portholes are still their for inducing forces in their direction.
They are Tesla half sphere metal terminations for current flow.

Cigar ships have transmitter and receiver 'engines' for ship movement.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Different shapes of UFO's are like our different versions of cars. One shape probably being a certain brand of Aircraft.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

So is this too say the cigar shape is more of a recovery veichle of sorts??

the saucer and triangle being the same craft with essentially body modifications for more interior space??

(im just trying to understand the need for diffrent shaped craft if they are of diffrent shape)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
Different shapes of UFO's are like our different versions of cars. One shape probably being a certain brand of Aircraft.

See that idea seems like the visitation of Aliens would be getting done by anyone of the alien race? instead of there military (or similar, eg. space exploration wing)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

I do not think that chronological comparisons between sighted objects shape, and the year they were seen is somewhat shortsighted. Cigars particularly have been sighted for many years, and still have recent examples in thier history.

I do not think that any legitimate conclusions can be drawn from this approach, although a chronological template of sightings might offer other insights into the situation.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GonzoSinister

UFOs (real UFOs, not government, hoax, etc.) historically appear the way people expect them to look, which suggests that at least some of them are able to tune into what people are thinking and manifest themselves in such a way that conforms to people's expectations and temporal-socio-cultural contexts.

How or why they would do this is anybody's guess.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Over the years, a lot of other researchers have asked the same question and it's a good one. No answers and lots of speculation. Historically, it appears that the same shapes have been recorded and reported for centuries. This implies that beneath, or beyond, the cultural trends (especially Pop Culture), lies a pattern of typical shapes.

As ever with the UFO enigma, it's a shifting sand-trap with very little solid ground to drive a flag into. Whatever is going on seems to elude finalities and remains shady. In the past 30 years it could be argued that discs/saucers have diminished and that, maybe, black triangles have overtaken them in reports. I think reports of point-lights have exceeded any of the shapes from the past and the triangles could be anything.

If you check out the NUFORC site they have listings by shape > lots of variety. You can get a feel for the numbers but don't forget that it's user-generated content so, like ATS, some of it will be BS and hoaxers.

Mike Swords runs a blog called the The Big Study where he posted a intersting article on the same questions about shapes and patterns. The site is well worth a read and the article is A Subtle Thumbprint Of The UFOs ? There are one or two potentially great threads in there...

As we've seen earlier in this blog, whoever is the major agency behind the UFO phenomenon has taken great pains over 60 years NOT to give us anything easy on which to base a "science" of UFOs, and therefore a path to acceptance of their existence by the consensus-reality makers of our culture. This cleverness on "their" part extends to apparently deliberate variation in UFO appearances, the lack of substantial "leavings", and a refusal of "predictability". This makes life tough for the hopeful UFOlogist, wishing to at least have the general culture not call him a fool. Jacques Vallee, always a quick study in these matters, concluded over 30 years ago that the UFO "problem" could not be solved by scientific approaches, and so began to attempt other ways of doing so.

Poher's statistical work on the length of time that a real UFO manifested [vs a false one] was a statistical pattern--not enough to convince the National Academy of Sciences, but pretty good evidence for us. Colorado felt early in the game that UFO reality was a no-brainer "yes", but the next step, was it physically/externally present as an "objective" reality, was not as easy to simply admit. This blog is about a wonderful start on a research project that might be a strong indicator of both external/physical objectivity and perhaps even more. For it, we owe an old Allen Hynek associate: Fred Merritt.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by GonzoSinister

UFOs (real UFOs, not government, hoax, etc.) historically appear the way people expect them to look, which suggests that at least some of them are able to tune into what people are thinking and manifest themselves in such a way that conforms to people's expectations and temporal-socio-cultural contexts.

See this is where my problems lie, if your are shown what you want to beleive maybe theres nothing really there in the first place???

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Gonzo Sinister

beings from different dimensions would have technology for visiting our little world, at least those who need a craft.

people have cars, planes, cruise ships, trains, and were just a primitive race.

birds fly to where they need to go, fish swim, and that's just the variety in our dimension.

with the size of the universe, there is bound to be more than Ford and Toyota, Boeing, Bombardier.

maybe it's like Earth and they have corrupt governments subsidizing many different corporations.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Over the years, a lot of other researchers have asked the same question and it's a good one. No answers and lots of speculation. Historically, it appears that the same shapes have been recorded and reported for centuries. This implies that beneath, or beyond, the cultural trends (especially Pop Culture), lies a pattern of typical shapes.

As ever with the UFO enigma, it's a shifting sand-trap with very little solid ground to drive a flag into. Whatever is going on seems to elude finalities and remains shady. In the past 30 years it could be argued that discs/saucers have diminished and that, maybe, black triangles have overtaken them in reports. I think reports of point-lights have exceeded any of the shapes from the past and the triangles could be anything.

If you check out the NUFORC site they have listings by shape > lots of variety. You can get a feel for the numbers but don't forget that it's user-generated content so, like ATS, some of it will be BS and hoaxers.

Mike Swords runs a blog called the The Big Study where he posted a intersting article on the same questions about shapes and patterns. The site is well worth a read and the article is A Subtle Thumbprint Of The UFOs ? There are one or two potentially great threads in there...

As we've seen earlier in this blog, whoever is the major agency behind the UFO phenomenon has taken great pains over 60 years NOT to give us anything easy on which to base a "science" of UFOs, and therefore a path to acceptance of their existence by the consensus-reality makers of our culture. This cleverness on "their" part extends to apparently deliberate variation in UFO appearances, the lack of substantial "leavings", and a refusal of "predictability". This makes life tough for the hopeful UFOlogist, wishing to at least have the general culture not call him a fool. Jacques Vallee, always a quick study in these matters, concluded over 30 years ago that the UFO "problem" could not be solved by scientific approaches, and so began to attempt other ways of doing so.

Poher's statistical work on the length of time that a real UFO manifested [vs a false one] was a statistical pattern--not enough to convince the National Academy of Sciences, but pretty good evidence for us. Colorado felt early in the game that UFO reality was a no-brainer "yes", but the next step, was it physically/externally present as an "objective" reality, was not as easy to simply admit. This blog is about a wonderful start on a research project that might be a strong indicator of both external/physical objectivity and perhaps even more. For it, we owe an old Allen Hynek associate: Fred Merritt.

Thanks for the reply, will get a good read through when im not at work...

your post and the post by TruBrit (lol im sure that was your name) have made me wonder even further... do the shapes come down to region? have people been spotting say... traingle over norway but discs over brazil?? it is somthing i am very interested in and i look forward to reading your suggested sights,

mostly to trubrit here.. i know that you can say shape one exsisted between 1900-and 1910, followed by shape two 1911- 1930 but there does seem to be more of each shape depending on what current normfor a ufo shape should be,

as kandinsky said and surley you have noticed, the most common UFO spotted currently is the black triangle..
Do you not think from a well established universe traveling species that they wouldnt just drop the disc shape in favour of the black triangle after all the usage (and clear success if all disc based (ancient alien) facts are to be believed) it just seems strange a race would do that...

as a further example... we have two kinds of space veichle... the shuttle for not going very far into space and the rocket for going further... if this was the case would the triangle be the deep space explorer and the disc the close range veichle?? or the other way about?

I just find it strange how few saucer type craft we now see in YT vids, its almost as if current culture has said... no the triangle would be the most correct UFO shape.

Again just my thoughts.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

same here cars vans trucks diggers bin wagon
the list goes on
so why would all flying objects be the same
in any given era

edit on 1-8-2011 by philware because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen6511
reply to post by Gonzo Sinister

beings from different dimensions would have technology for visiting our little world, at least those who need a craft.

people have cars, planes, cruise ships, trains, and were just a primitive race.

birds fly to where they need to go, fish swim, and that's just the variety in our dimension.

with the size of the universe, there is bound to be more than Ford and Toyota, Boeing, Bombardier.

maybe it's like Earth and they have corrupt governments subsidizing many different corporations.

Thanks for your reply,

Again i just feel if Aliens/extra dimentional beings etc. were to vist, it would be there military/space wing or whatever and these crafts would be set to the same shape, as we would do, why change on somthing your race already uses successfully?? for many many years?

unless there is a suggestion it is more than one race/species/dimension, but then why so much interest from so many groups??

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gonzo Sinister

See this is where my problems lie, if your are shown what you want to believe maybe there's nothing really there in the first place???

it would still require someone projecting the vision, so there is someone there.

i personally believe that "they", whether aliens or ancient religion beings are from other dimensions.

and when there is contact, will communicate according to what they think you want to see.

edit on 1-8-2011 by citizen6511 because: clicked too fast

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by philware
reply to post by Zeer0

same here cars vans trucks diggers bin wagon
the list goes on
so why would all flying objects be the same
in any given era

edit on 1-8-2011 by philware because: (no reason given)

Its just the idea of an OLD Species, who travel the galaxies since we were all in caves, before homo erctus was getting freaky with neandethals need to change a well used well thought out deisgn for so many variables over sucha short space of time,

it might just be my thoughts on aliens, i imagine them as like elders.. that know better... they have seen the universe and over 150 year they change up there ships to have three or four diffrent shapes/patterns etc,
to me and as a tech, that seems like an issue for interchangable parts/ repairs/ techniology to be spread out between there diffrent crafts... if things were regimented you can develop engines/cloaking/tractor beam type stuff which can be fitted or removed or repaired on any veichle instead of a strange mix and match of lots of variables,

maybe im missing somthing but to me you would limit the things that can be diffrent on veichles as then you can fix things at the other end of the universe with ease (instead of having to order a specific fuel pump for your 1942 classic style disc)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen6511

See this is where my problems lie, if your are shown what you want to believe maybe there's nothing really there in the first place???

it would still require someone projecting the vision, so there is someone there.

i personally believe that "they", whether aliens or ancient religion beings are from other dimensions.

and when there is contact, will communicate according to what they think you want to see.

edit on 1-8-2011 by citizen6511 because: clicked too fast

it is an interesting thought, what i actually meant was for lots of people though maybe they arnt seeing anything that is there... just what they want to see... as in maybe chemically unbalanced.

i believe in Aliens, maybe not so much UFO's but certainley the idea there are many other civilisations out there across the glaxies and i would love to beleive in UFO's hence why im trying to understand the idea and reasoning behind shapes that are seen.

i feel showing people what they want to see seems like alot of effort... i mean an alien is an alien... and surley if you wanted to make life easier on the person you were showing yourself too or abducting you would make yourself look as human as possible, if nothing else it would be the easiesst to understand for our tiny god fearing human brains.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I have always felt that not enough attention goes into the actual shape of these craft that are spotted.

The classic "saucer" shape can be traced back hundreds, if not thousands of years. It has been painted in classic art works, drawn and etched into ancient stone.

An early ufo photograph, taken around 1870. The object was actually cylindrical or cigar-shaped, as often referred. Cave paintings found in Tanzania that were estimated to be up to 29,000 years old, showing "disc" shape objects.

So, aliens are flying around earth thousands of years ago in crafts that have the same shape as ones spotted today.Which could mean they are not as advanced as we give them credit for, or they are so advanced that they have reached the apex of technology.

edit on 1-8-2011 by phrankie79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Also to all the posters so far... thank you, i always get worried about starting a thread, especially one without pics and links, you have gave me things to think about and also made me realise all my thoughts that i have argued with myself about aliens are not crazy.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join