It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 120 Libyans killed by Qatari forces in Bengahzi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Over 120 Libyans killed by Qatari forces in Bengahzi

www.mathaba.net

The atrocities that are occurring now are startling. Qatar troops, tanks and helicopters are openly killing these unarmed tribal members. They have their (Qatar) tanks in the streets of Benghazi. They are speaking on loud speakers telling the people to leave and go home. They are actively shooting on unarmed civilians. NOW, tonight, Deputy Foreign Minister, Dr. Khaled Kaim stated that there are more tribes wanting to join in with the Warfalla tribe and they are making their way to Benghazi as we speak.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Islamist militia 'shot Libya rebel Abdel Fattah Younes'

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This is fallout from the killing of Abdel Fattah Younes about a week ago by a Al Qaida sect of the rebels (Discussed here). It seems that some of the main tribes are seeking to kill or remove all Al Qaida from the rebel ranks, and the Qatari, French and British are not taking too kindly to that, and have begun locking down the city and shooting at those who do not comply with orders. Over 120 have been killed so far, many unarmed. A large number of armed tribesman are on the way to Benghazi right now.This raises a few questions:

1. Wern't we there to stop the killing of innocent civilians? Not to facilitate it. If there is anyone on these boards that still believes the Official story should have their head examined.

2.Why are French British and Qatari forces so keen on protecting Al Qaida members from other Libyan tribes? I would think they would see this as someone else doing their dirty work.

3.What will happen when these tribes get to Benghazi? will a fight begin or will cooler heads prevail?

4.And most importantly, why is this not on the Mainstream press yet?!

www.mathaba.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Well lets see some pictures and my guess these civilains had guns on them when they were killed but other rebels grabed the guns.

Funney we saw nothing on TV about the million man pro gaddaffi protest

They are feeding us a pack of lies and covering up the mass murder of blacks by the rebels.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Not too surprised too see more death and misery around there.

I had hoped they would not end in this and I for sure hope people get to their senses and stop the useless killing.
But there seems to be some hope if they are actually trying to marginalize the brutals and criminals like 'al quade' are. But not exlusive to them only though. Hope they manage to do it in more gentle manners and don't end up killed in the process either.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I can't say that this is any other than worthless speculation (I'll save someone the trouble) but something inclines me to believe that this is part and parcel of the "diplomatic" efforts to "reach out" to and achieve a 'rapprochement' with the fundamentalist believers of Islam (Al Qaeda being their most significantly active subset at the moment.)

The western forces and their allies probably think that by allowing Al Qaeda to participate in this "revolution" they can become less inclined to target what they call "us."

Problem is, we have to believe that this conflict, which began as a peaceful protest against the Ghadaffi regime, found itself suddenly 'gifted' with military gear to 'escalate' the matter and that did NOT in and of itself change the "revolution" to a civil war.

But it's hard to compete with the inexplicably misbegotten coverage of the affair - which glorifies the interceding agencies and utterly negates any notions of reconciliation between the warring tribes involved in the conflict.

In the end, it's about justifying, after the fact, what some leaders had already decided to do.... sort of like Iraq.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

Hi Skerrako,

Does anyone know how reliable the source website is?

The article does come across as a bit of a "blog" without any supporting links or anything.

Has there been any corroboration from other sources? Especially of the UN/UK/FRENCH involvement?

Thanks

GTD

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
So you just believe this without question or evidence despite there being absolutely no other source to corroborate this one.

What about all the non western media, the aid agencies, ordinary Libyans with access to youtube and twitter? Why is this the only source to report on something as blatant and major as Qatari tanks and British, French and American troops in Benghazi?

I don’t know the site but looking at the green theme and the ad for Gaddafi’s little green book on the right of the article it certainly seems like a Gaddafi mouthpiece.

Surely just a little critical thought would tell you this story is bull?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

4.And most importantly, why is this not on the Mainstream press yet?!

CNN, supports westernization,terrorist groups, supports spreading the myth of a democratic society. And also the mainstream is protecting there clients from western public anger if they knew who are they backing.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I know on ATS you are trained to be skeptical of everything, but I have been reading on Mathaba far before the Libyan conflict, they are a mouth piece of no one. This is independent journalism, if you want to be spoken to like a child, turn on FOX. But if you want the same story with the western spin here it is:

THE FIGHTING HEATS UP:

The raid came as chaos threatened to engulf the city in the wake of the killing of the rebels' chief battlefield commander, Gen Abdel Fattah Younes, last week.

The assassination triggered a wave of unrest, with tribal supporters of the general launching attacks on a number of buildings in Benghazi.

Rebel fighters challenging the rule of Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi waged an eight-hour gunfight here in their de facto capital on Sunday, against what their leaders called a “fifth column” of Qaddafi loyalists who had posed as a rebel brigade. It was the latest sign of discord and trickery in the rebel ranks to emerge in the four days since the killing of the rebels’ top military leader, Gen. Abdul Fattah Younes, a former Qaddafi confidant who had defected to their side.

Rebel leaders said they had undertaken the assault in part because of a new drive to bring quasi-independent armed brigades around the city under the direct authority of the rebel military and security forces. It has been five months since the Libyan conflict broke out, and nearly as long since the rebels first talked of establishing a unified command. But the killing of General Younes focused new attention on the disorder among their brigades.

(emphasis mine)

Who are those Quasi-independent armed brigades? I can't say with a100% but I'm pretty sure that may be referring to the Qatari/French/UK forces.

More news to come, so stay tuned my skeptics

link 1

link 2
edit on 2-8-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

Hi Gordi, well I posted some other links in my post above this one, but I believe Mathaba to be a good source, as I have been reading them for years for good independent news. They were around way before the Libya situation, and had similar coverage of Iraq as well. But as always, read and decide for yourself

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
As far as I am aware, there are no UK or French ground troops fighting in Libyia.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

You can think the story is bull if you want but more info is coming in fast and furiously

The Obeide tribe, which is the tribe of General Younes, has taken arms against the Transitional Council. Mustafa Abdel Jalil, the chairman of the Transitional Council, faced gunfire in his hotel where he held a press conference announcing the death of General Al-Younes. Jalil claimed that the body was lost and made many contradictory statements. He stated that Al-Younes had been arrested for questioning and then was attacked and shot. In reality he was murdered by Transitional Council members tied directly to Washington. His son Ashraf Al-Younes has demanded that the legitimate government in Tripoli bring stability to Benghazi.

On July 31 clansmen from Warfallah joined the revolt against the Transitional Council in Benghazi. Some of them took up arms and others demonstrated demanding an end to the illegitimate rule of the Transitional Council. NATO helicopters intervened, directly targeting the demonstrators. According to reports, about 160 Warfallah clansmen were killed at a peaceful indoor gathering focusing on political actions and group efforts to oust the Transitional Council. The exact figures of those killed by NATO inside Benghazi are unconfirmed. Their bodies were not returned. They are believed to have been buried in unmarked mass graves.

Qatari troops are also on the ground and there is visual confirmation of Qatari armored vehicles inside Benghazi. A Qatari armored vehicle has also been caught on tape in Benghazi fighting against Libyans trying to liberate the city from NATO and TC armed gangs.

Global Research

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

Never said ground troops. NATO helicopters did the shooting

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Master_007

Videos are being uploaded onto Youtube now:
Explanation:

Video of Qatari Tanks and fighting in Benghazi

new topics