It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Governor Jesse Ventura on the 2012 apocalypse - an eye opening video.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Download the paper (PDF) at The Cornell University link.

arxiv.org...

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by turk182

It's not published in the library. It is simply in an archive available at the library.

This is not from a peer reviewed journal nor does it appear to have been ever submitted.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by newcovenant

Why would anyone react to this silly hoax called 2012? Why waste the time?

I don't know, maybe the same reason you are here....boredom.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
A nice discussion of the poor quality of the Mensur Omerbashich paper can be found here.
Revisiting Comet 2010 X1 Elenin, Earthquakes, Astronomical Alignments and Mensur Omerbashich

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
reply to post by Nobama

leave jesse out of the picture.
don´t you find several things disturbing??

- the murals at denver airport?
- the massive construction going on at denver airport?
- the reason for the replacement of denver airport?
- the massive budget for the build that got even bigger?
- the answer to the question 'will you shoot at american citizens to protect this facility?' answer: we'll do whatever it takes. allthough i'm not a US citizen, i find such remarks chilling.
- several scientist claiming anomolies with the sun?

it may not be a apocolypse scenario, but 'they' are preparing for something.

ETA:

SnF OP.
happened to check several episodes of jesse last weak, including this one. (and also PLUM ISLAND, wich i've never heard of and made the hair on the back of my neck stand up)
edit on 1-8-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

I think you are labeling them as actual intelligent people. The people that run the show are beyond idiotic and detached from normal life that they would not be able to prepare for a shower with out having 20 people tell them what to do with the soap. Why does everyone think they are actually capable of doing things like this? - These people are idiots!

And dont tell me you think they are playing us. They actually are this stupid.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Thank you for your help to me on this. I was of the impression that the paper was published and peer reviewed.
I am reading the link you gave me now. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologistWhy would anyone react to this silly hoax called 2012? Why waste the time?

Very good question. Why do you react to this "silly hoax" if its such a waste of time? How many hours have you put into trying to debunk such a "silly hoax". Surely a "silly hoax" would debunk itself and certainly wouldn't be worth your attention.

You make me lol sometimes, you really do. The hypocrisy is rife.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Have you bothered to read what the artist stated about the murals?

There really isn't anything unusual in the paintings.

ehm yeah i did.
"In Peace and Harmony With Nature" and "The Children of the World Dream of Peace, is what those murals are called.

i'm having a VERY hard time seeing peace and/or harmony in either one of those murals.

call me stubborn, but those murals DO NOT represent peace in the slightest form.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by Jordan River

Yet whistleblowers and leakers disappear and die mysteriously while this guy continues his own conspiracy show? I'm just not buying it..

It's easier to get rid of a unknown whistle blower than a one who is a public figure. If he were to suddenly die under mysterious circumstances you would have every conspiracy site screaming it was the government that killed him.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
That Guy, J. Ventura is a part of the Machinery,
he was in the Army and killed innocent People
who done nothing else than looking for a Future,
he worked as a "Gladiator" in a Show (Games instead of Bread/ Freedom),
he become a Governor and shakes his already blood spoiled Hands
with the People in high Power instead of spitting into their Faces
and now finally he become a so called "Truther",
c'mon!
edit on 2-8-2011 by Human0815 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by turk182

Be fairly careful out there.

There are places that even claim the person does not exist. He certainly exists.
He is claimed to be from Cornell. He is not.
He claims to be heir to the Bosnian throne.
Here is the best. He appears to be the only member of the "European Royal Society".

I believe, but cannot be certain that this is one of the people pushing the Bosnian pyramid.
His Royal Highness Prince Mensur or: the pyramids, the comet and the Queen of England

But Mr. Omerbashich, despite his scientific background, was making the same mistakes as Mr. Osmanagic, interpreting completely natural phenomena (orthogonal fractures, Liesegang Rings...) as man-made objects, and - in common with other adherents of pseudo-science - showing the same scorn for serious historians and archeologists, whose work he freely admitted not having read.

No more was needed for the paper to promptly unleash a veritable earthquake - no pun intended - among followers of various apocalypses due in 2012 or 2011 (the comet will approach closer to Earth in September 2011, remaining however at a very reasonable distance of more than 34 million km, nearly the distance that separates us from Venus when that planet is at its closest point to us, see the FAQ on the website of the comet’s discoverer, Leonid Elenin), and also among planet Nibiru believers, or believers in reversals of the poles or other cataclysms. After being mentioned in a YouTube video, the paper was immediately copied on numerous forums and blogs under the title of “Scientific Proof”, by people who do not really understand how arXiv (a preprint server) works (and therefore cannot tell the difference between an e-print and an article in a peer reviewed journal), and are easily impressed by Mr. Omerbashich’s titles.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Cecilofs

The claim of hypocrisy is another mistaken notion on your part. It is not hypocrisy to point out the mistakes made by 2012 adherents.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Was'nt this so done last year? It's now August 2011 !!!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

i'm having a VERY hard time seeing peace and/or harmony in either one of those murals.

call me stubborn, but those murals DO NOT represent peace in the slightest form.

Did you read the descriptions of the murals and the contents as described by the artist rather than just knowing the titles of the artworks?

There are many pieces of art that I do not like or care for. A Jackson Pollock "splatter" such as Cathedral DOES NOT in any way represent cathedral to me.
Cathedral by Jackson Pollock

The issue is not our interpretation of the art. The issue is the statement on the part of the artist as to what they have created.
edit on 2-8-2011 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
This all seems very sensationalist. Im watching it now:

June Sarpong, do you guys know who June Sarpong is? She is not a qualified scientific researcher, she was a saturday morning TV presenter in the UK on T4 and then later an MTv presenter.

en.wikipedia.org...

LOL. So thats where she ended up.

Entertaining as all these theories are, I have absolutely no idea what to believe. Only time will tell I guess.
edit on 2-8-2011 by Fatmandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Always fun to see some doom and gloom seed being planted in people's minds.
The Elite is the ubermensch, we the unthermensch shall build these bunkers so the uberclass is safe and yes put the owl in there aswell so they can perform their cremation of care ritual.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Fatmandy

Lol, yeah I picked up on good old June, and I had he same reaction as you, but then again I am imagining that Ventura's "Team" are purely asethetical, and that there is a real team of mere mortals who do all the running, but just wouldn't cut it in front of the camera.

Of course perhaps I am wrong, maybe someone who knows can answer this ?

Because if she really is researching on this show, and is not just the public face, then the programme can safely be condemmed as pure entertainment with little validity.

Personally I am pinning my hopes on June'y baby just being conspiracey candy, because the thought of such plausible programming being put out there on a whim, is just darn right irrepsonsible, and would illustrate just how far the media goes to distort, and manipulate our minds (or attempts to anyway).

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

Maybe it is the cheapest way to rake in bucks? If the money pours in without the effort of actual research all the better don't you think?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I think that there are alot of people who are not mentally capeable nor ready to grasp the reality and magnitude of certain things.

It must be hard to come face to face with a reality that is not one you have been living in your whole life.
I feel deeply sorry for those who can't/refuse to see what is coming. You will be victims of your own ignorance.
I am not a Christian and don't put a whole lot of stock in the bible but I can't help but think of the story of Noah when I read some of the replies in these threads. People were doing the same thing in his time as you people are doing now.
They ridiculed him and laughed at his expense. He kept following what he knew. He tried to warn them and they all laughed. He built a GIANT friggin boat for Gods sake and probably looked like the town Nut.

You have a resonsability to tell people ONCE!
After that, they need to be left alone to do what they will.
Otherwise you may find yourself guilty of violating their free will.
People have a right to remain ignorant.
It is not up to you or me to MAKE them see.
It may not make sense to us but they WANT and NEED to remain in the dark.
Leave them alone!!!!!

For those who have eyes to see, please remain calm and do not give in to fear.
These will be trying times and it is of the utmost importance that we stay calm and avoid thoughts of fear.
We MUST stick together and help our fellow man. It is the only way we will make the cut.

I am both excited and apprehensive but NOT afraid!!!!
We will given a chance to seamlessly blend in with a reality that is more condusive to our level of consciousness.
That goes BOTH ways.

People who operate out of a space of fear will have their opportunity to seamlessly blend in to a reality that is most condusive to their level of consciousness.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

You have a resonsability to tell people ONCE!
After that, they need to be left alone to do what they will.
Otherwise you may find yourself guilty of violating their free will.

So you think that "denying ignorance" is not important?

If 12 different people all make the same mistake then why not tell all 12 different people that it is a mistake. Why not show all 12 where the error lies. Sometimes people want more evidence. Should they receive only 1 tidbit of information to clarify the issue? what is someone shows up that maliciously or purposely attempts to mislead others?

I really doubt that a forum can violate free will. You as others have the ability to decide whether to read or not read a post. If free will exists then there is the free will to make decisions.

Lots of people scream for censorship. Lots of people want to avoid being shown how and why certain issues are fake.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join