It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Governor Jesse Ventura on the 2012 apocalypse - an eye opening video.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

First off this was not a documentary. It was a TV show called Conspiracy Theory and it was shown in the US on TruTV.

Secondly, although this was a pretty good program I do not think we can use anything from Ventura's show as evidence of any kind. Ventura does not even stand behind his own work. When pressed on an interview about theories that were portrayed on his TV show, Jesse Ventura's response was, "It's an entertainment show, we just use reality". I personally found that to a very interesting choice of words considering he WAS a Politician. Politicians are very careful with the language they choose to use and they have to be. They do not want to alienate potential voters by saying the wrong thing. So with that in mind, I found his choice of words to be very suspicious. He choose not to explain who the guest was, what his qualifications were. He choose not to simply state that he was presenting another viewpoint. Instead he said "It's just entertainment".

When someone can not support their own work, there is no reason to ever take it as truth.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Jesse's show is pretty goofy. It is hardly a documentary.

If people think the murals are weird, then I suggest that a weirder issue is paying for a Pollock splatter art.

Or what about the Garden of Earthly Delights

Jesse begins with nothing, tosses out the requisite number of "what ifs" for a hoax show and then shows nothing and proclaims victory.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Jesse is the man! A lot of people see him as a bag of hot air and a showman, but I think he really cares about this country and is/has done some great things.

I'd like to see a Paul/Ventura ticket in 2012.

I can see their slogan now: "Pull your head out of your ass and use some common sense or get body slammed!"

I'm off to take the kids camping at the beach.
I'll contribute more when I get back.

Cheers ATS.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Where in any place does your suggestion that Jesse really care about the country state that his wacko show have any basis in reality? It's a nutty show with no substance.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
Jesse's show is pretty goofy. It is hardly a documentary.

If people think the murals are weird, then I suggest that a weirder issue is paying for a Pollock splatter art.

Or what about the Garden of Earthly Delights

Jesse begins with nothing, tosses out the requisite number of "what ifs" for a hoax show and then shows nothing and proclaims victory.

ehm, this one flourishes with life?
not death and destruction compared to those in denver.

not comparable at all imho, but i'm sure that's a personal view.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

Jessee said that he was surprized by how much they let him show however they did clamp down on his program when he did one abiut the FEMA Relocation Camps. He feels that he was assaulted by the TSA and has a law suit pending by his over the top groping at the airport. He has recently written a book titled 63 documents and most of the time lives in Mexico. You may believe he is a scam but I don't there is too much going on to make all this up. Truth can be stranger than fiction.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

"it may not be a apocolypse scenario, but 'they' are preparing for something."

Absolutely, and 'they' love nothing better than dropping 'hints' and then laughing in our faces. I find 'them' totally nepherious.

I am amazed at the 'dots' they are throwing at us here in the UK.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama

Jesse is a scam, seriously how is he able to leak the truth on TV? and come on MSM talking about all the stuff he does? If he truly was telling the truth it wouldnt be aired on TV or the News.

The only explanation I can think of is that they allow enough BS to come out along with a few kernels of truth and thus nothing to worry about because the people wouldn't believe what's actually real.

Maybe I'm off though. I come at Jesse more as a fan of his wrestling than paying attention to his conspiracy theory shows anyway.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Have you bothered to read what the artist stated about the murals?

There really isn't anything unusual in the paintings.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I might be wrong but im sure the murals have since been painted over due to a high number of complaints.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

So I am a couple sentences into it and have to comment...We can't take that chance!
Either way, whether Jesse Ventura is full of it or not, imagine a plan to save the elite and not the rest of us is in play. What do you do? How do you fight or counter something like that?
The rest of us should have a plan ready just in case Jessie is right. We can't afford to take the chance he might be wrong. And it sure beats just waiting and wondering what might happen.

For example: If there are underground bunkers we locate them and storm them 4 days early and beat the elites to the good cots. Half kidding. We devise a plan. What else are we gonna do, if there is any truth to it? Stand waiting with fingers up our noses? No. We need some kind of a plan and we should be thinking of it now. I will be saying my prayers but that is really sort of a plan B.

And running pell mell into the woods or "bugging out" - is not a plan of attack. I don't trust that to save us and think our unified action would be better focused and aggressive rather than scattered, and retreating.
edit on 1-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This(The Jesse Ventura Special Investigation), to me, seems like a dis-info campaign about the DATE.
They say,"2012" about two hundred times during the whole investigation.
If you were to replace each, "2012", with, "2011", then I think we are being given the true scenario.
I certainly hope I am wrong, but it makes sense. We will all see soon enough. The only preparing I am doing is asking my Lord And Savior Jesus Christ for forgiveness and strength to do his will. Repenting for my mistakes and sins. God help us all if this turns out to be true. You are all in my prayers.
I am becoming more and more convinced that the supposed comet Elenin, is, in fact, a Brown Dwarf that is and has been affecting our planet.
Please read this paper from Mensur Omerbashich of the European Royal Society.

If you know how GRAVITY works, you KNOW that "Comet" ELENIN should NOT be in this paper.

I found Mensur Omerbashich’s paper this way, after seeing it mentioned on a “conspiracy” youtube video.

Ixquick.com search for:

~M6+ seismicity

Yields

adsabs.harvard.edu...

which links to:

arxiv.org...

which leads to version 3 of the doc

arxiv.org...
edit on 1-8-2011 by turk182 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama

Jesse is a scam, seriously how is he able to leak the truth on TV? and come on MSM talking about all the stuff he does? If he truly was telling the truth it wouldnt be aired on TV or the News.

I haven't watched the video but I wanted to address your general accusation of Ventura being a "scam". Do you really think there are organizations out there just waiting around to kill people who leak conspiracy theories that happen to get close to the truth? To do so would be admitting there is something to it. More likely, any secret that the powers want to be kept secret, will most likely be kept most secret out in the open.

What dissuades public figures from trying to uncover this kind of stuff isn't a fear of death but rather public ridicule and a very real risk of saying goodbye to their careers. Why do you think he never talked loudly about this kind of stuff while he was a politician? It was because he enjoyed holding public office. Just because he found a way to not only keep his career but actually enhance it by speaking about it, doesn't make him a "scam".

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Why would anyone react to this silly hoax called 2012? Why waste the time?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by turk182

You do realize that this paper by Omerbashich has not been published. Inf act, there is no mention of this paper ever having been submitted to a journal. It appears to be nothing more than a bad paper that could not survive the peer-review process.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

The show was a scam because it never did anything important. It begins with a few facts, then jumps into lots of "what ifs" and then ends with a loud and resounding nothing. All t he while Jesse does his schtick about finding what "they" didn't want people to know about. The show was terrible. It had to be embarrassing to get roped into such a goofball show.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Cuervo

The show was a scam because it never did anything important. It begins with a few facts, then jumps into lots of "what ifs" and then ends with a loud and resounding nothing. All t he while Jesse does his schtick about finding what "they" didn't want people to know about. The show was terrible. It had to be embarrassing to get roped into such a goofball show.

He just announced a third season that he's excited about. That doesn't sound like he was "roped" into it. Personally, I enjoy the show. Sometimes there are parts where a squirm out of the sheer cheesiness and over-dramatizing but I learn just as much as I would from a documentary.

I find that most people who hate it are the same kind of people who hated Metallica when they came out with "Black" and thought they sold out simply because they got mainstream. It's taking something that certain people are intimate and passionate about and then giving their footwork to the rest of the world. That naturally upsets some fan-bois of whatever genre is in question and is critiqued especially hard if it is not portrayed exactly how they would have if they were in that person's shoes.
edit on 1-8-2011 by Cuervo because: Third beer

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

By roped in I mean that he was sold on being part of the show.

If he wants to be part of a third season it just shows Jesse as a person their way out. It was like being a celebrity on Hollywood Squares. It was a place for the down and out celebrity to earn a living.

Regardless, the show is based on no evidence. It is a scam.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Published In The Cornell University Library:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Cornell University Library

arxiv.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join