It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid dreaming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
If you use binaural beats to lucid dream can it harm your ability to lucid dream without them?
What technique do YOU use to lucid dream.
Answer both question please. Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by green-tree

I use sleep paralysis as a gateway to lucid dreaming. Not an answer to your questions I know, but perhaps worth mentioning.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
How do you do that?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Well... the short version is that prior to inducing sleep paralysis I relax my body and focus on the mental self vs. physical self and I try to imagine or create the initial dream-scape or scenario that I'd like to explore in as much detail as possible.

Once I have the scenario and I'm totally relaxed I try to induce the SP... and it goes from there.
It doesn't always work, there are a lot of factors involved but that's the basic gist of how I get there.

I mean, If you're interested I'll send you a lot (and I do mean a lot) more information w/links...

Thanks

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Please do!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Hey I'm pretty new around here but I do love lucid dreaming.
I have tried to "set up" my dreams beforehand with little success. The only true way for me to do it is to already be in a particularly vivid dream and, without tripping my "wake up" reflex, I must face the fact that nothing is real and I can do whatever I want as long as a stay asleep. Still to fully immerse myself, I have to focus very hard on not waking up. Sometimes I am still dreaming but I can perceive what is happening around me in "real life" like still being able to hear things while asleep. This is usually the hardest part about staying asleep in a lucid dream. But if I am having a very vivid dream n wake up, lucid or not, I can go back to sleep within a minute or two and jump right back in where i was. For me it is kind of like the matrix in terms of changing the world around and making things appear where ever n when ever i want, not to mention unrealistically fast accelerations where ever i want to go haha

Isn't it the worst when you're having a dream living the high life in paradise then wake up in a small town in kansas to canceled space programs and a great depression? sometimes its tough.

Just thought I'd share all that.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I've been a lucid dreamer my entire life and it's just second nature for me. I don't really need to set up first, because of that ease. How I wish though, that my work life wasn't so crazy and erratic, that I had more time to enjoy my dream-scapes like I used to! But as z32Driver said above:

Sometimes I am still dreaming but I can perceive what is happening around me in "real life" like still being able to hear things while asleep. This is usually the hardest part about staying asleep in a lucid dream. But if I am having a very vivid dream n wake up, lucid or not, I can go back to sleep within a minute or two and jump right back in where i was.

Well put! That's the hardest thing; not allowing yourself to be pulled awake, but committing yourself to whatever scenario you've decided to be within.
edit on 2-8-2011 by lowundertheradar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Here is a good site for wake induced lucid dreams:

www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com...

new topics

top topics

join