It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highest Radiation Ever Detected At Fukushima: 10+ Sieverts An Hour

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ed1320
well even if the workers didnt get all 10 their still venting that stuff right so wheres it going come on now and by the way doesnt anyone think that its weird that all fifty states have had the hottest summer in years can radiation do that i think so japan screwed us just like we did them years ago
edit on 2-8-2011 by ed1320 because: (no reason given)

You have to understand when they say the hottest summer in 70 years or whatever, is that 70 years is not significant time climate-wise, especially when we haven't even been recording the temperature accurately much longer than that. It has been much hotter in this country. What is your excuse for 70 years ago, or whenever the record was last set? Was it also radiation then too? Or are you just trying to connect two completely unrelated events?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ren1999

I can also confirm the media blackout of the highest radiation levels of Fukushima.

Why?

NHK spoke about the dosage of 10 Sievert "and higher" in both cases today,
as well as TBS!
edit on 2-8-2011 by Human0815 because: Grammar

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Not everyone has forgotten. Almost everyone, though. That's why I started using this as a signature:

America's Being Nuked - Can We Together Stop the Madness Before Its Too Late?

Might not be much for raising awareness since almost everyone has had their collective mind diverted by the latest shell game on Capitol Hill or the like. I guess it's just a bumper sticker for now.

It's a great thread though. Check it out.
edit on 8/2/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

edit on 8/2/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: added: since almost everyone has had their collective mind diverted by the latest shell game on Capitol Hill or the like.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
10+ Sv/hr. Right.
Where is the source for that reading? It has to be a typo.
edit on 8/1/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Here's the source you requested:

Fatal Radiation Level Found at Japanese Plant
By MARTIN FACKLER
Published: August 1, 2011
www.nytimes.com...

The operator, Tokyo Electric Power, said that workers on Monday afternoon had found an area near Reactors No. 1 and 2, where radiation levels exceeded their measuring device’s maximum reading of 10 sieverts per hour — a fatal dose for humans.
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I really want to see that Guy who done this Measurement,
i saw this Photo and he wear not much of a Protection Suite,

is this possible to come as close as 3 Meter to a "higher than 10 Sievert Source"?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

why scare the world with something they can not help, best kept under the rug. just like if they found something heading from space to our planet that would wipe out a large chunk of humanity. Don't worry be happy.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815
I really want to see that Guy who done this Measurement,
i saw this Photo and he wear not much of a Protection Suite,

is this possible to come as close as 3 Meter to a "higher than 10 Sievert Source"?

Due to the shape of the container, and the angle from which the pole was stuck in at, there is a chance that the levels the workers were exposed to is far far less than what was detected inside the shaft.

So instead of 10 Sv they could have been exposed to something like 200-300mSv for like a minute or two. Which is still really bad for sure but in theory they could run in there, get the reading, then run out without falling unconscious or dying.

I bet they will be feeling really sick really soon however. And their risk of cancers has now increased astronomically...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
We need Nuclear Plants here in America

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeattlesFinest

why scare the world with something they can not help, best kept under the rug. just like if they found something heading from space to our planet that would wipe out a large chunk of humanity. Don't worry be happy.

Why not give everyone a heads up and save lives? Well. I'm waiting. Cat got your tongue?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Thread is slightly misleading, from what ive heard the area where its above 10 sv/h is in the plant compound, if the reading was that in all of fukushima, people would be dropping dead like flies

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I think it is time the people of Japan turn off a few lights and learn to generate thier own power on a houshold level for lighting or live in the dark. Same for other countries relying on Nuclear fission. Shut the reactors down now ! The people responsible for covering up this mess should be put on trial in an international court with severe penalties imposed for the one's guilty of covering things up. They are allowing radioactive materials into the air and the sea and they are lieing about the magnitude.

Cleaning this up should be number one priority for the whole world. Number two priority should be to decommission all nuclear fission reactors worldwide. They are too dangerous to be any real advantage even if they were cost effective.

I am disgusted in the human race as a whole and what we have allowed the money mongers to do to our planet. It must stop. No excuses. We should draw the line.

Where are the IAEA, they should be there with shovels burying this thing, and I mean all the no good twerps that are high up and say that Nuclear energy is safe. They should be the one's there cleaning it up, not the average japanese worker. Send in the white coats who love this stuff. Send in the people who are still promoting Nuclear energy to clean it up.
Here is thier website.www.iaea.org...

And everybody turn some stuff off so the demand for electricity is reduced. I live in Australia we don't have or need nuclear power plants here. We have one medical reactor and as far as I am concerned they can decommission that too. We should be protesting and complaining every day while reactors still operate anywhere on the planet, with the expected Earthquake and volcanic activity and severe weather over the next few years we can expect more facilities to go down in other places, are we doomed to die because we won't stand up for our right to a clean planet.

What about our children. We kill our children for lights at night to make us feel good, it is pathetic and sad, we ought to be ashamed of ourselves, all of us.

Sick and tired of the wanton destruction of our home ? I am. Learn how to generate you're own power. Study Tesla. For some reason we seem to think it is up to someone else to generate power for us to buy. No one has ever generated power for the good of the people they do it to get you're money and keep you working to get the money. Tesla tried to provide a universal system of free power, look up Wardencliff. He almost did it.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I have been following this situation since day one and have reported many issues on my blog (click my name if you're interested. The same thing happened when technicians first tested the soil and air around the reactor building. They applied the wrong formula and got an outrageously high number.

The problem occurred in the conversion of Becquerels per cubic meter to seiverts.

One can possibly forgive the first error back in April during the heat of the moment - but if the same thing happened again then, well then incompetence seems to rule the day there.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDebunkMachine

Yeah, but this is 10 sieverts an hour venting, which means radiation levels must be increasing as well.

It seems that the only probable means of figuring where they are at, is by looking at where things were at, at this point in Chernobyl. I did a little reading up on Chernobyl, and it seems to me that things are worse now at Fukushima than they were at Chernobyl at this point in time.

We are wandering in uncharted territory.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Toecutter.

I think you are very rude,
this is not only a "Japanese Problem"
it is dangerous for all of us, no matter where we live!

It is up to us, you, you and me to forget the stupid Borders
created by People who want to rule and control us!

The Japanese are saving a lot of Energy at this moment,
and it is very hard to see so many old People suffering because of a missing AC
or missing Elevators and Escalators, that statement from you is very unfair!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

ok, this really makes me sick...i was in japan roughly 3 weeks ago. Our guide kept telling us how he kept monitoring the whole situation on all kinds of independent sources and how ok it really is. i doubt there r really independent sites anymore, not after reading this. thx god i had my potassium iodine with me, no matter how little comfort it is now...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

I'm afraid I have no problem at all believing they got this reading where they did. Recall these went into full and total meltdown. They don't even know for sure WHERE the cores are anymore. Are they below the containment they melted through? Did they break below the floor itself? They aren't sure. They've discussed going under the plant to seal from beneath but dismissed it. The point is, the fact they've discussed it at all means they've realized how bad this is. What would the water table be there? 1 foot?

For at least 1 or 2 of these reactors, I believe the outer walls of the reactor chamber ARE the containment walls now. That is all they have left, if everything I've followed on this is accurate. When they confirm one way or the other how true that is, I wonder if they'll tell anyone?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
last night I had the strangest dream in a loong time!
For some reason I was in Japan ( I can't remember why ) and was killed by an apocalyptic scene of total destruction.. the ground started to crack with steam rising from the cracks we all instinctively knew to get the hell out of there when magma started seeping through! We ran as fast as we could but were eventually swallowed up as the city melted into the ground.. the moment we died was weird, but worth mentioning because my friends last words were so funny in hindsight, spoken calmly as we knew we were dead when the ground sank down 2 storeys and glided into the larva, he said "it's okay we've still got the internet!"
HA!
I woke up and this is the first thing I read!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

This is very disheartening news.

I live in Seattle and was in the Ballard neighborhood 6/17/11 around 3PM when a blue and silver helicopter with pontoons flew overhead at what I guessed was 200ft. I jokingly said, "They're testing radiation levels." Helicopter to gather radiological readings in Seattle-Tacoma area. It turns out they are. Additionally radioactive iodine in the drinking water was measured back in March at 41x the normal level. The government says no biggie, it only has a half-life of 8 days. It's been serious and will be serious for potentially thousands of years.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Why does everything in the air taste like pickles?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

are you saying radiation has a taste of pickles?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join