It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KeyScrambler encrypts your keystrokes deep in the kernel, foiling keylogging with scrambled data

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
www.qfxsoftware.com...

75% of malicious code infections have keystroke logging (keylogging) capability. But most anti-virus, anti-malware programs tested in a study by a British magazine could detect only 20-30% of new malware. That's why you need KeyScrambler, to stay one step ahead of the bad guys.

One of the 8 Essential Privacy Extensions for Firefox.
-- PCWorld

edit on 1-8-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

Kinda useless if you don't use FireFox...

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Yes. Well, then, that's one more argument for using Firefox. I mean, no one's forcing you. It's just that the argument that "Well, sure it works if you're smart enough to use it, but some people are just too stupid..." isn't all that persuasive.

Don't get me wrong: No offense intended. But--if it's only for Firefox, then you either have to use Firefox or not get the benefit....

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Yeah that's fair enough, I just don't find it particularly useful that a security tool isn't compatible with the full range of Internet browsers people use.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I've noticed that there are a lot of Firefox add-ons that don't come in other browser flavors. I think the deal is that Firefox just has a community of people who are seriously committed to privacy and security issues. It's also (from my understanding) a lot easier to write add-ons for Firefox, and there's no reason to care enough to "port" them or re-write them so that they run on IE (or other browsers). And I strongly suspect that most writers of Firefox add-ons have very little love for IE users--or users of, say, Opera, which is just a better interface that still uses the IE engine....

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Apparently in can be used in IE as well, from their website:

KeyScrambler Personal, a free browser add-on, gives you value that nobody can beat. KeyScrambler Personal protects your keystrokes in Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Flock, including online shopping and online banking (e.g., your login credentials, credit card numbers, addresses); Web email (e.g., Yahoo mail, hotmail, and gmail); search terms, Java, Flash, PDF Forms, Browser Dialogs, browser master passwords; and your inputs on all websites. An indispensable tool against online identity theft.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek

Apparently in can be used in IE as well, from their website:

KeyScrambler Personal, a free browser add-on, gives you value that nobody can beat. KeyScrambler Personal protects your keystrokes in Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Flock, including online shopping and online banking (e.g., your login credentials, credit card numbers, addresses); Web email (e.g., Yahoo mail, hotmail, and gmail); search terms, Java, Flash, PDF Forms, Browser Dialogs, browser master passwords; and your inputs on all websites. An indispensable tool against online identity theft.

Oh. Never mind....
edit on 8/1/2011 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
reply to post by Hessdalen

Kinda useless if you don't use FireFox...

Read the link. It clearly shows different versions of which the premium ($$) version covers many different browsers.

reference

Nice post OP

brill
edit on 1-8-2011 by brill because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join