It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College students engaging in prostitution to pay huge loans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I couldn't afford to finish college either, and guess what, I didn't. I didn't compromise my own ethics to either get it paid for or to get ahead in any jobs I've had. I have come from nothing, a very poor inner city family, and because of this I appreciate the little I do have. I haven't been fooled by the american dream and our consumerists culture to think I need to step on people just to own material things. Though I don't get paid much, I would consider the job i have as "good" because I enjoy it very much. I get to help people for a living and not have to break my back meeting a quota just to make someone else rich.

Your own ethics! - This is exactly the point, just because you don't think something is morally ok doesn't mean the rest of us should be held to your standard. You are not our parents, our government, our God.. There are no victims here, as much as some people would like to claim otherwise.

I respect your choice, but you cannot expect others to be held to the standard you set for yourself. If that was the case there would be nearly 7 billion people telling you you're wrong on one topic or another. I am glad you enjoy your career. I am in a similar position, I gave up a well paying job and now work for peanuts, but I don't want to die every day when I wake up. Others have loftier goals, and will work in different ways to achieve them. Nothing wrong with that as long as no one is getting hurt in the process.

The American Dream ain't such a bad thing! Yeah we've been lied to, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try!

Who is getting stepped on here? Again, no one we are talking about is being forced into anything! They are making their own decisions.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
For what its worth - I had a teacher in high school that said she paid for college by working as a prostitute. This was back in the early 80's - and the teacher was in near retirement age. So, stuff like this going on is nothing new.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Backslider

Is it ethical for the government to cheat us out of billions of dollars? Is it ethical for lawyers to get the innocent to pay the guilty? Is it ethical for doctors to knowingly deny those in need of medical care?

Why do you suppose there are moral issues? Because those issues are part of the deep heart of humankind. What you are presenting is "moral relativism" of whose morality is better or right. And who is to say that your moral relativism is right? Because you believe it is? I bet you really don't believe in your own moral relativism. I think it is just easier to justify your actions trying to convince yourself your morality is right.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Wow. You got exactly the opposite of what I was saying..

I was stating that my interpretation of right and wrong is different than yours. Mine should not be forced upon you. I believe I also left a disclaimer, something along the lines of "as long as it's not causing harm to others.."

All of the examples you gave are one side harming another.

Please have another read, I think you misunderstood.

To clarify, in case the second time around wasn't enough, I don't believe nor am I trying to justify that my morality is "right." I am saying it is neither right nor wrong, as those are man made concepts that can apply only when one's actions are affecting another person. When two people willingly enter into an agreement with one another, whether or not there is money involved, it is their choice - until one of them breaks the agreement it is none of yours or my business.
edit on 2-8-2011 by Backslider because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

This will be my last post in this thread.

hillynilly, you are coming from a very narrow view.

Exotic dancers could be considered athletes. It's not easy, and if you think it is I would encourage you to take a pole dancing class for a week. One week. Or are you the type to talk #$%@ without being able to actually back it up. Easy money? Collecting welfare is easy money. Getting government grants is easy money.

It's become obvious during this conversation that none of you are condemning based on rationality, this is all coming from emotion.

There is a reason the kid who's mom is a dancer gets ridiculed, and it's not because his mom has a dishonorable profession, it's because people like some of you in this thread have the shades drawn on your brains.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Backslider

Wow. You got exactly the opposite of what I was saying..

I was stating that my interpretation of right and wrong is different than yours. Mine should not be forced upon you. I believe I also left a disclaimer, something along the lines of "as long as it's not causing harm to others.."

All of the examples you gave are one side harming another.

Please have another read, I think you misunderstood.

To clarify, in case the second time around wasn't enough, I don't believe nor am I trying to justify that my morality is "right." I am saying it is neither right nor wrong, as those are man made concepts that can apply only when one's actions are affecting another person. When two people willingly enter into an agreement with one another, whether or not there is money involved, it is their choice - until one of them breaks the agreement it is none of yours or my business.
edit on 2-8-2011 by Backslider because: (no reason given)

The first line of your post says it all.....

That was I was making my answer on. Who's to say anyone's ethics are more right or wrong than another person's? Obviously the people who are hurting someone else do not believe they are wrong. Their ethics tell them it is ok to do this.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Backslider
reply to post by hillynilly

This will be my last post in this thread.

hillynilly, you are coming from a very narrow view.

Exotic dancers could be considered athletes. It's not easy, and if you think it is I would encourage you to take a pole dancing class for a week. One week. Or are you the type to talk #$%@ without being able to actually back it up. Easy money? Collecting welfare is easy money. Getting government grants is easy money.

It's become obvious during this conversation that none of you are condemning based on rationality, this is all coming from emotion.

There is a reason the kid who's mom is a dancer gets ridiculed, and it's not because his mom has a dishonorable profession, it's because people like some of you in this thread have the shades drawn on your brains.

So is being an actual athlete. So is working digging ditches or hammering roofs. So is doing a lot of other physical labor.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

The problem is...not every prostitute likes it. Would you be inclined to ask a prostitute when you buy her services if she likes it or not? And if she says no, then will you stop the transaction and move on your merry way?

I have never been with a prostitute so whatever. But yes that is exactly what i would do, since I see no point in doing it any other way. So like I said somewhere deep down they do like it to be like that. And so I go on my merry way.

But I just thought....when you buy an act such as sex, you are buying a person to perform the sex act. So in essence you are buying a person and the ownership of a person means slavery.

NO, slavery is slavery. What prostitution is more along the lines of renting a person for a set time to perform an act that you would want to do and she would be willing to sell it to you for a price.

But what you meant to say is mayhaps the invisible chains that hold them to there actions, that they may wish to break. But that is a whole other story.

I guess there are some who do not mind being bought because to them it is merely the act of sex they are selling and not themselves.

If you say so, like I said I do not think one or the other are that separate form each-other.

But every act of sex is personal. It cannot be separated from the humanity of the person.

I think there one and the same thing, the act of sex and there humanity are part of the same thing.

People who buy prostitutes (male and female) do not consider them to be human, at least to have any degree of respect towards. This is where the moral questions come in, and these are things that people who are inclined to become prostitutes should think about before engaging. They simply are no longer considered human beings by the person who buys the sex. Because the act of sex is simply more valuable than the human.

Some do and some do not. Depending on who they sell there sex to, it would depend. What I think it really is or comes down to is the will to power, both want power over the other and both get it to various degrees and both don't get it to various degrees.

So as you can see it is something that they love to hate, or hate to love.

And like I said and OK i will humor you and say that they don't like it.

Well then if they don't like it then why are they always attracted to it and end up voluntarily going towards it?

Maybe you need to just accept it that some females are just ho's, and are all about sex, money, and control and will do anything to reach there means withing there power. Have you thought that maybe just maybe that is what it is, and there is very little else to it?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
*SNIP*

And who cares bro?

If they wish to do it and make money off it what is it to you?

You wont change it and they wont change it, so why even bother hatting on it?

I think it would be better to remove the stigma because the whole male female relationship thing is dying anyways, and let them do whatever they want with whoever they want. Birds of a feather flock together anyways and so why put the negativity down on them.

In the end most will stick to there little group and never go beyond its walls, and that is the way they want it. So say your peace and go on your way. Because if there was more to say on it then they could and would, but they don't and wont. And so its there path and life it should not bother you unless it effects you detrimental.

And no silly # like morals are not detrimental to society, because so far no society has not had any such thing as morals. They have only had the illusion of it.

edit on 2-8-2011 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/6/2011 by Mirthful Me because: Removed Actioned Quote.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

but that is a lot when you make less than 200 bucks a week. I'd sell my car if I could but then I'd have no way to school and back.

I feel bad for ANY girl that has to take her top
off for less then 200 dollars a week JUST TO GO TO college.

That is a very bad social disruption by having college
so expensive that girls have to take their top off in
degradation. SO THEY CAN HAVE schooling
that the elite JUST GET HANDED TO THEM!!!

We need to kick these scum out of office
and vote in people who look after WE THE PEOPLE..

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by wiandiii

It really sucks. Women at least have something they can sell inherent to them. They can whore and cheat and lie for money, but for men it isn't that way. What happens to the men that can't pay their loans? It is a sad day and age we live in.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
*SNIP*

And who cares bro?

If they wish to do it and make money off it what is it to you?

I guess the OP, me, and several others in this thread that
find it horrible girls are having to go TO THESE LENGTHS
for college!!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I have graduate degrees, and I prostituted myself plenty to get them.

To make it through liberal academia, and get that master's, you're going to have to lie your donkey off and espouse things you don't believe, to get the pinkos to stamp your union card. That's all there is to it. I say it is not less ethical that dropping pants (or lifting skirt) to get the same degree.

I have had to fake quite a few intellectual "climaxes" to make my professors feel valued and competent. How is that different from a girl faking a physical orgasm?

Prostitution in the Ivory Tower? Nothing new here; move along.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

I have graduate degrees, and I prostituted myself plenty to get them.

To make it through liberal academia, and get that master's, you're going to have to lie your donkey off and espouse things you don't believe, to get the pinkos to stamp your union card. That's all there is to it. I say it is not less ethical that dropping pants (or lifting skirt) to get the same degree.

I have had to fake quite a few intellectual "climaxes" to make my professors feel valued and competent. How is that different from a girl faking a physical orgasm?

Prostitution in the Ivory Tower? Nothing new here; move along.

Well I also find it sick,
how the people in this thread
have degraded themselves
making easy money, taking their
shirts off for easy money and
getting paid for sex...

THIS IS DEGRADATION!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join