It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress...It has become a "Giant Scam"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
You have to ask yourself. With the approval rating of Congress below 20%.

How do these people keep get getting elected.

Congressional Approval (Gallup)

Americans' opinions of Congress have not been very positive historically, with an average 34% approval rating since Gallup began tracking this measure in 1974. But the recent approval ratings for Congress have been among the lowest in Gallup's 37-year trend. Since 2008, Congress' approval rating has been below 20% in 15 of 39 months, including a record-low 13% last December.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e0cc20b49830.gif[/atsimg]

With numbers like that in the Private Sector...You would quickly be finding another job.

So how do these very rich people constantly get re-elected?

Even after a shake up in Congress the numbers were not much better.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/954b7faf423e.gif[/atsimg]

I have lived in three different regions of the Nation. It's always the same.

People hate Congress yet they adore their local Representative.

Your local Congressperson will try to convince you they are just like you.

If you will only send them back to Congress they will fix Washington.

They are not like you. They are nothing like you. They are filthy rich. Are you?

They have to be laughing at us, and getting a real chuckle at the media.

Your local Congressperson is the problem.

My Congressperson is the problem.

The only qualification for the 2012 Congress should be...

You have never ran for an Elected Office

You will serve two years then come home.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Congress.. it HAS been a "giant scam".. !

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I think it has been..... for years.

The last hundred years anyway. The personal income tax wasn't dreamed up by a bunch of fellow citizens with our best interests in mind, IMO.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
personal income tax is one thing but property tax is what is complete BS. No other thing do you have to pay a reoccurring tax to own. Whats up with that.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
personal income tax is one thing but property tax is what is complete BS. No other thing do you have to pay a reoccurring tax to own. Whats up with that.

Property tax is fine in my opinion. You pay towards your community for living there. Every community should expect it's residents to pitch in to make it better.

Income tax however... I am not allowed to work, to do actual labor, without someone taking a portion of the proceeds of it from me? That's ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Since this was a double post, I'll just link a mugshot of George Carlin.

edit on 1-8-2011 by boncho because: Double post.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
They keep getting re-elected because it's a "devil you know" scenario. People would rather vote for the incumbant since they know more about the voting history and such. Also, people are lazy and will vote for a recognized name before voting for an unknown. It doesn't help matters when the challengers all appear to be crazy either.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
They keep getting re-elected because it's a "devil you know" scenario. People would rather vote for the incumbant since they know more about the voting history and such. Also, people are lazy and will vote for a recognized name before voting for an unknown. It doesn't help matters when the challengers all appear to be crazy either.

That is what has to change.

If that is all the effort people put in...

Then we deserve these thieves.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I hope you don't mind... I've been referring to this video which relates to this topic on a number of threads, not really intending to spam it, just trying to make sure people get a chance to see it..... it kind of highlights why our political thespians are in the business they're in:

1 in 7 chance of explosive capital gains..... NO prosecution..... sure, why not?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
property taxes are the another of one of the most evil things ever thought up

work your entire life put you blood and sweat and tears in a lifetime achievement for most americans and then bam failure to pay gets seized and sold off.

some other person picks up your hundred thousand dollar home for mere pennies and your still stuck with the mortgage.

sheer evilness.

to the op congress is made up by those same people who thought the above up cant stand congress myself

they are and have always been a blight on us americans who constantly seek new and better ways to screw us over.

meh

edit on 1-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
Yes.
It is rent paid to the govt, no one owns their property. If there's anyone that thinks differently, just quit paying your 'rent' (property tax). You will be evicted, and they'll sell 'your' property!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Today is no exception...

Are we really calling less of an increase a cut?

Take it down to the last second where there is little scrutiny.

Nobody has a clear understanding of the bill.

Priceless...We got played again...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I never met a congresscritter I liked.

Even the Ones I have heard of and thought They had some good ideas in the end sell out.

new topics

top topics

join