It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where's our leadership when we most need a leader???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Let me explain and I'll keep it short...

All day everyday I get phone calls from people worried if there going to get a check on the 3rd or not...
Frankly I don't know... hell I might not get paid either... Why no one knows what's happening is a basic lack of leadership...

you manage things but you lead people.
Obama has turned out to be a okay Manager... not quite fair but just okay...

but at a time when the nation really needs a leader... we got fluff pictures of his family visiting Africa... not real leadership

Whether or not TPTB figure out this debt crises or not is really inconsensual at this point...
the damage is done.... now that the world knows we Americans have no leadership....and without that we are as lost as a rudderless boat adrift in the vast sea of life...

Someone needs to step up and take those reigns before everything unravels
edit on 1-8-2011 by DaddyBare because: opps

edit on 1-8-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

You make an outstanding point about this crisis laying out for public display some very serious problems we have in our nation right now, to include the lack of cohesive leadership. Particularly when one considers the deal at the end really didn't change much from what things would have been if the debt ceiling had just been raised without a fuss, I can't help but think this was all downside and for nothing at all.

Perhaps the rest of the world is busy with their own crisis and didn't notice that lack of leadership you point out. It was hard to miss though.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Obama is simply not smart enough to lead this nation though this latest manufactured debt crisis or any other crisis. I keep comparing this debacle to the 1995/96 govt shutdown while Clinton was at the helm. While I was never a fan of Clinton as president, I will certainly give him credit for his intelligence and his direct involvement in every aspect of those negotiations back then. All Obama did or ever does is hold a press conference while being led by his teleprompter.

Obama's propensity to stir the pot, take sides, point fingers,and feed the flames just proves your point about his lack of leadership skills. His lack of any leadership role in the private sector or military was a sure sign of what we were to expect with him. His best political role should have been that of Student Council President based on his resume.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
someone like paul who is not beholden to a party ideology and just reads the constitution as it was written.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
someone like paul who is not beholden to a party ideology and just reads the constitution as it was written.

This. If there is a God he will ensure Paul's victory in 2012.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

Are You Feeling Paranoid? Who is the one person you cannot escape from ever? Authority... it's you!, (by OmegaLogos posted on 25-6-2011 @ 02:05 AM) [ATS Folk Tales & Urban Legends Forum]

Just who is in freaking charge and who is my worst enemy... IT IS ME!

Personal Disclosure: If all other peoples problems are not my problems then I'm are not SHARING in Society at all and are in fact a parasite preying upon the human herd!!! The same goes for everybody else as well!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Obama is dealing with bullies and hypocrites, he still seems to believe that there is a shred of honesty in Washington.

our financial sector is a massive scam, bleeding the real economy to death.

but the banksters have the money to buy Congress and the Senate.

with blackmail, if you don't let the financial sector rape the economy, there goes the stock market, the pension funds, you get chaos.

like a dog with fleas and ticks, that the vet keeps giving blood transfusions.

the fleas and ticks keep getting bigger and without a new vet, the dog is eventualy doomed.

at this point we are just playing for time.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Ron Paul is the only true leader in politics now.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen6511

Ya know...
now that you mention bankers...
I seem to recall we came to be in this mess because of the big bank bail outs...
But I also saw where several of those banks repaid those loans...

well if that's true... what happened to the money????

was someone mistaken about those repayments or was the money never returned to where it came from and used elsewhere???

Of course it would take a much smarter man than I am to figure that out...

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Obama was a mistake. Too bad he got most of the votes, if he really did

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen6511

Obama is dealing with bullies and hypocrites, he still seems to believe that there is a shred of honesty in Washington.

our financial sector is a massive scam, bleeding the real economy to death.

but the banksters have the money to buy Congress and the Senate.

with blackmail, if you don't let the financial sector rape the economy, there goes the stock market, the pension funds, you get chaos.

like a dog with fleas and ticks, that the vet keeps giving blood transfusions.

the fleas and ticks keep getting bigger and without a new vet, the dog is eventualy doomed.

at this point we are just playing for time.

Don't blame the "banksters" for buying The Hill. The real money has been spent by big labor to the tune of $2.2 billion since the 2008 election campaign. They have outspent all other interests combined.

Further investigation reveals that the money represented on this chart is only the tip of the iceberg. According to the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), Big Labor spent $2.2 Billion on political activities during the 2008 & 2010 election cycles alone — eclipsing by four times the 20-year $1/2 Billion from the chart.

This is where they are spending their never ending supply of forced dues cash. Big Labor makes the "banksters" look a bunch of cub scouts.

I was very surprised by these numbers and they are for ever etched into my brain
biggovernment.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by citizen6511

Ya know...
now that you mention bankers...
I seem to recall we came to be in this mess because of the big bank bail outs...
But I also saw where several of those banks repaid those loans...

well if that's true... what happened to the money????

was someone mistaken about those repayments or was the money never returned to where it came from and used elsewhere???

Of course it would take a much smarter man than I am to figure that out...

i even tried to get my senators, etc to answer that question.

it was not applied to the debt or budjet, somebody is holding on to it.

but no one will tell me who or where or why.

what scares me is another financial bailout for wall street.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

I think you will get your check, and here is why. My wife collects SSI social security, and she got her's day before yesterday.

new topics

top topics

join