It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING: Shield/Protect Your Credit Cards From Thieves (Scanning Them INSIDE of Your Pockets)!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Saw an ad on TV selling wallet/credit card protectors from thieves scanning them, so I had to look into this for this was news to me .It's very real and I wanted to warn people.. Please protect yourself from ID theft! This is all done electronically, and imo, this RFID tech is for the birds!

Contactless credit card skimming is a real danger. This is a news report where Identity Stronghold shows how easy it is to scan or skim all credit card data without touching you. The RFID chips make the card vulnerable

The vid will show you how this thieiving is done. Be aware folks!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Really nobody saw this coming ?

this was known before rfid's were made into the public sector ....

anything electronic can be hacked one way or another ....

llol shield protect my credit cards? pfft heck no...

i would love them to hack into my account and make the crdit card companies pay for it ...

hey i never asked for rfid tech.. you brought it to me and forced it on me .. therefore you should have to pay for the consequences ...

i might even hack my own and say it was hacked lol

when will we grow up when ...

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Taking into account the fact that there are sooo many ways & tricks to separate you from your electronic hard earned money, I can only offer one advice: Cash Rules, Man !
Never trust that plasticky piece of junk, with or without magnetic strip, chip or RFID. And never ever trust any banks.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

LOL I hear ya! I don't blame that attitude one bit
If I had a CC I might would wish it were hacked too! and make 'em pay.
Thanks for your reply.. I couldn't help but smile ... I can relate to that TRULY!.

Oh yeah my debit card would be like a CC .. So Yep ! Let's do it lol
edit on 1-8-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
Really nobody saw this coming ?

this was known before rfid's were made into the public sector ....

anything electronic can be hacked one way or another ....

llol shield protect my credit cards? pfft heck no...

i would love them to hack into my account and make the crdit card companies pay for it ...

hey i never asked for rfid tech.. you brought it to me and forced it on me .. therefore you should have to pay for the consequences ...

i might even hack my own and say it was hacked lol

when will we grow up when ...

the private investigators used by these banks and insurance companies are sometimes more thorough than the feds..

now that you've left this little tidbit.. lets hope your cards dont get hacked..

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I have been without bank for over a year now, and I wish I would have done it sooner. Living in a small city, it is hard to get certain items without the ability to order over the net, but I found there is still plenty of places that still take money orders. I don't get the appeal of a swipeless card, it's almost like the banks want there customers to get hacked easier.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

the private investigators used by these banks and insurance companies are sometimes more thorough than the feds..

now that you've left this little tidbit.. lets hope your cards dont get hacked..

i hope they do get hacked, they blame it on me for an inside job .. then evidence surfaces that i was innocent then i sue for punitive damages

Then others follow suit

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I have a card with that symbol in the UK, it came when I changed my card because it was cloned, I didnt even request the technology on it, turns out you cant get a new card without it...

Awesome.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by misscurious

Hope ya know I was just kidding when I responded to that . I honestly wouldn't blame em... but that doesn't make it right.

new topics

top topics

join