It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Celebration of Morbid Anniversaries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I've noticed something recently. Actually, I've always noticed this, but now it's becoming more and more evident since there has been more disasters and chaos in the past decade.

Has anyone noticed how there's always gotta be an anniversary celebration for disasters and chaos, but never for good things?

We're always hearing about the Anniversary of the ________________.
Challenger Disaster
9/11; 7/7
Columbine
Manson murders
Holocaust
Kennedy Assasination
etc.
etc.

Why are we never celebrating the Anniversary of good things? Such as January 16th. The day the plane crashed in the Hudson and everyone lived.

I think that those who have control over the news and media want to lower our frequencies and keep us remembering tragedies where people died instead of encouraging us to celebrate tragic events where people survived. I mean seriously. Doesn't it make more sense?

I believe that these morbid anniversaries are another control mechanism to keep us in fear. It also falls in line with the elites' dark fascination with occult rituals, too. The Cremation of Care ritual at the Grove is a perfect example of this. Another example is the Skull and Bones Society and how prevalent its members are in governmental and leadership roles. Why else would a VIP club centered upon death be able to hold such important leadership positions unless they worshipped death and destruction. Their sick beliefs are then passed down to the general population.

I don't know if anyone on ATS has noticed this, but I would be interested to hear other people's thoughts and opinions.

edit on 1-8-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I guess it is the reason why we don't hear about all the good things that happen every day. There are plenty of horrific-looking car accidents that happen all the time, with no injuries, and no story on the news. But have a two year old get killed in a fender-bender....It's a story.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I don't know about anyone else...but I saw every news organisation mention the anniversary of the Hudson River thing.

They also mention anniversaries of other good things. I know that they do have more negative anniversaries, but that's because the news focuses on the negative because that's what sells.

I do not believe it is anything to do with controlling us.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
those who have control over the news and media want to lower our frequencies and keep us remembering tragedies where people died instead of encouraging us to celebrate tragic events where people survived. I mean seriously. Doesn't it make more sense?

...depends on how you look at it... your op focuses on the negatives even though you are attempting to show that focusing on the positives is the more sensible choice...

...yes, the void-of-journalistic-skills media does use/abuse anything they can sensationalize but is their intent to spread fear, reinforce trauma?... maybe - but - the same can be said about people on conspiracy sites, lol...

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I agree with you and it is a sad world when we are only hearing about death on a daily basis. But, the anniversaries of significant disasters have got to stop.

I'm sick of hearing about the Anniversary of 9/11. I dread it every time September gets near. They run the usual documentaries of how many people died and show the pictures of the destruction, then reiterate the Official Story in order to bore it into our brains and make sure the following generations are angered, too.

Why can't we ever have a celebration of life? I don't know what day it was following 9/11 when they discovered how many people survived. Let's just say it was on September 15th for argumentative purposes. Why can't we have the Anniversary of 9/11 survivors on September 15th? This would be cause for real celebration.

I don't know about anyone else, but I honor the spirits of the dead on Halloween. I don't need 20 sum odd dates throughout the year.

It just seems so wrong to always be having a days of rememberance for deadly tragedies. All it does is keep the sadness and anger alive. I also believe it prevents closure and lengthens the mourning process. When are we allowed to just move on?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by thenewguy1987

Do you live near where the crash happened? I'm a good few states away and I don't remember ever hearing about an anniversary honoring the survivors.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I live in Texas.

I heard about the anniversary on national and local news. I was even watching Good Morning America that day if memory serves me and they mentioned it.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by thenewguy1987

Well, I'm glad that it was a day of rememberance. I certainly don't recall hearing about it, but I can't remember what exactly I was doing that day, so maybe I wasn't near any TVs for some reason.

Even so. There are far more anniversaries about disasters than there are good things. I guess I'm attempting to break through my own programming.

Can others remember anniversaries about good things that I'm failing to remember?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
i agree with you 100%, ever notice it is the same thing with the death of a celebrity or musician? people always seem to remember the anniversary of their death more than they remember the persons birthday. i began to notice this trend - i mean it REALLY jumped out at me - after a friend of mine, a pretty famous musician, was killed in 2004.

i think it is human nature to slow down and stare at the carwreck.

new topics

top topics

join