It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! Activism, how to get involved?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
OK fellow conspiracy theorists, activists, and like-minded people, I am seriously trying to find a way to get involved in some kind of outside group.

I would like to attend protests, activism meetings, and basically get involved with people that are actually doing something to try and make a difference in the world. I know ATS is a good place to find out about all these crazy conspiracies(not really conspiracies) but I feel that just talking about them and spreading the word online is not really helping much. I feel like I need to get out in 'the real world' and DO something about it.

So I guess my question would be: How do I find a group that is 'involved' in activism and spreading the word offline? Are there any good websites that help you find a group in your area? And my last question is what are YOU ATSer's doing in your area to help bring awareness to the corruption in our world? I am serious about this I want to do something about it, but I really just don't know where to start...Also I wasn't sure If this is the appropriate forum to post something like this in, so mods feel free to move somewhere more appropriate!

Thanks, and I really hope to get some positive feedback on this post!

edit on 1-8-2011 by unknownman024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by unknownman024
OK fellow conspiracy theorists, activists, and like-minded people, I am seriously trying to find a way to get involved in some kind of outside group.

I would like to attend protests, activism meetings, and basically get involved with people that are actually doing something to try and make a difference in the world. I know ATS is a good place to find out about all these crazy conspiracies(not really conspiracies) but I feel that just talking about them and spreading the word online is not really helping much. I feel like I need to get out in 'the real world' and DO something about it.

So I guess my question would be: How do I find a group that is 'involved' in activism and spreading the word offline? Are there any good websites that help you find a group in your area? And my last question is what are YOU ATSer's doing in your area to help bring awareness to the corruption in our world? I am serious about this I want to do something about it, but I really just don't know where to start...Also I wasn't sure If this is the appropriate forum to post something like this in, so mods feel free to move somewhere more appropriate!

Thanks, and I really hope to get some positive feedback on this post!

edit on 1-8-2011 by unknownman024 because: (no reason given)

Sorry mods, i do believe this is against T&C.

But join whatis-thaplan.org.

We just completed operation onslaught, which took place in a lot of cities across the world, you may have seen our posters!

We are activits. If your interested don't hesitate!

60,000 members strong, and we all had a load of fun hitting the streets!
(those who participated)

Of course there are others ways to go about doing it, but you wont find very many activists here i don't think.

edit on 1/8/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Thanks!
Alright, just got registered on that site, a little confusing though. I'll try to work with it though. Did you guys come to Florida by chance?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Im not sure.

Ill send you a pm here in a sec

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
For the past 9 years, I've been involved with a group that helps women escape from dangerous and abusive marriages/relationships. I'm part of the Southern leg of the freedom train. We move, at high risk, individuals across country sometimes, to relocate them in a safe place. . Also get them set up in their new locations with the local offices of Domestic Violence services, for counseling, jobs/training....everything it takes to start a new life. Our only fee is we ask folks to "Pay it Forward", when they have the opportunity.

There are many ways to become an activist against/for something you believe in. I say go for it

Des

top topics

join