It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, The Benedict Arnold of the Democratic Party, surrenders again. . .as I predicted!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I am more than, no, way past, ready for someone -instead- of this puzzling entity holding Presidential office presently. But WHO? That is the question.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
fascism
Definition
fas·cism
[ fá shìzzəm ]
NOUN
dictatorial movement: any movement, ideology, or attitude that favors dictatorial government, centralized control of private enterprise, repression of all opposition, and extreme nationalism
Sounds like Obamacare to me. Democrats are the fascists nationalizing healthcare ring a bell

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Ultimately Obama was a winner in this deal. He his an establishment politicial and the establishment won.

It is odd, but both extremes of the partys are correct in that there needs to be fundamental change in the process of government. Their end games are 180 degrees apart, but ultimately what the Tea Party was/is doing is necessary for the left to realize their objectives.

The nonsense spending, incremental budgets, $780 bn in defense, nonsense ear-marks, foreign aid coupled with unreformed entitlement programs make it impossible for the left to provide the social programs that they desire. The left does not want to spend $1,700 on a hammer. They don't want to toss money at cucumber museums, they want to spend responsibly on what are their priorities. In that, both the hard left and hard right should be united. Now the priorities might be different with the right not wanting to spend that cash at all and the left wanting to spend it on programs, but they both desire the money not to be wasted.

The establishment is only interested in the status quo. Doing nothing and spinning it such that they are doing something. A fantastic outcome of this process would have been for the left and right to unite and force budget reforms. End waste, end corporate tax breaks, end feeding the military industrial complex. Put reforms in so that their is flexibility in how to spend. Clean it up and run on their prospective platforms and let the voters decide in 2012 and 2016.

Neither the left or the right are the enemies of progress, they have their own definition of progress. They both hate the status quo. It is the establishment, so invested in the status quo that are the enemies of progress.

I'm conservative, I think that the savings should be spent on reducing the deficit to zero. I do not, however mind cutting defense in half along with the elimination of all waste to do that. The left and the right have absolutely one thing in common. The elimination of the waste and a more effective and efficient government. Different objectives, but a common vehicle in which to achieve them. Were those bedfellows to get together on that front, we may actually be able to accomplish something in this country.

Letting the Georgetown cocktail party set to continue to run the government will lead us to ruin. It will destroy our social programs, ruin our fiscal health, ruin our national security. The current model simply does not work.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

As Robert Greenstein, of the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, pointed out in a recent statement about a different proposal, there’s just no way to enact spending reductions of this magnitude without imposing a lot of pain. And contrary to the common understanding in the Washington cocktail party circuit, “pain” does not simply mean offending certain political sensibilities. Pain means more people eating tainted food, more people breathing polluted air, more people pulling their kids out of college, and more people losing their homes -- in other words, the hardships people suffer when government can't do an adequate job of looking out for their interests.

What you don't understand is that those cuts will affect not just the "welfare queens" you and others hate so much. . . .When people on this forum's children get poisoned [ god forbid] because they cut all the food safety inspectors don't come here crying the blues

edit on 1-8-2011 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

I think this is great, I am going to use this picture, Thanks

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
What do you mean he caved....?

he is getting just what his puppet-masters ordered... a blue-ribbon committee that will recommend and initiate over $1.2 Trillion of Austerity measures, on all facets of social programs/'entitlements'...

thats' after the miniscule cuts exacted on the military & defense in the first 2 years of the compromise bill

so after the voting cycle of 2012... when all seems quiet & serene... the food stamps, 99 weeks unemployment, re-training programs, social security/medicare-medicaid will all be reworked to subsistance levels to meet the fraudulent 'Austerity' measures we have been bamboozled to believe is required to sustain the credit rating of our economy.... (don't bring up the continuing mega Billions that will be allowed tax free Bonuses for the elites in the military/pharma/banking/Agri/Industrial Complex

see, my hat band is not too tight, at least some of us have blood flowing to the brain...
edit on 1-8-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
I am more than, no, way past, ready for someone -instead- of this puzzling entity holding Presidential office presently. But WHO? That is the question.

i'd bet that you'ld say Timothy Geithner would be a long-shot, outsider as a CIC (commander-in-chief)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

Your wrong there because I am in the same skin as Obama. Its just that I refuse to be like Al Sharpton who refuses to criticize Obama because he is black! I think that is degenerate and immoral as well stupid.

We need more black Americans coming out and getting in Obama's case like Cornel West

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I get it. You're falling into the trap that the establishment has designed. The issues are not mutually exclusive. You can design fiscal mechanisms that allow you to maintain food safety, reform food safety programs and slash defense. They simply need to be adult about it. We have enough money to run a healthy competent society. We don't have enough money to fund this corrupt system of government that is supposedly serving us.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

There seems to be confusion as to what powers the various branches of Government hold.

It is the GOP dominated House of Representitives that compose and pass legislation to increase the debt limit.

President Obama has no power to construct these deals beyond serving as a negotiator on behalf of his party and even then his party is not obligated to vote for anything he agrees to.

His only genuine power is to Veto a bill.

Under those restrictions any influence he can exert on the composition of a debt increase bill is a win and I am certain that absent his involvement the house would have stuck to the Boehner and Cantor bills that failed in the Senate and we would have a default.

President Obama has no legal authority to effect the bill beyond Veto. The House of Representitives have that authority. All he can do in the end is either Veto or sign the bill.

In that context, I think he has done well given the limitations on his powers.

Does this bill hurt the middle class? Probably, but a default and the resultant 2nd great recession would absolutely crush the middle class with a certaintity. Those are the cards that were dealt after the last elections. Lets hope for better in 2012.

edit on 1-8-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
benedict arnold died a poor and broken man

guess only time will tell.

the policies that obama is push and what he has done has been and continues to be an afront to the american way of life which is tantamount to treason.

arnold was the first dr jekll and mr hyde and obama has been two faced on many occasion.

the comparison fits.

but i think the op just may be upset that hes not left enough.
edit on 1-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Another mind in the partisan gutter. Fix yourself. Start by turning off the TV.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

He died so poor and broke that he left 1,200 acres of land in Canada to an illegitimate son along with enough money to pay for his education and support him.

Arnold had a ton of debt when he died, but he was not broke.
edit on 1/8/11 by MikeboydUS because: s

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

But you have neglected to consider that a large group of people, 85 in-fact, are crazy enough to have blackmailed the president-- therefore the country once--- may do it again. How does that make you feel?

And as for your assertions about the congress is supposed to do this and do that . . .well, they also suppose to be the one to declare war and to create money, but when was the last time they did either of those things?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The Op has presented an idea that the current sitting president has given up on his ideas and ultimately given into the political pressures, by abandoning what is believed to be the core principles of the Democratic party. There are a few things that can be stated:
The ultimate problem lies in the following statement: Politics as Usual.
That is what this has been, politics as usual, what has made this such a big deal? After all there has been other budget fights in DC over the years, happens every year, but why now, what is so different? Could it be the Trillions that are owed to our creditors, where the country is going down the road to financial ruin, and that the credit rating is teetering on being dropped just about every week? Every week, there is always a new story where the talk about Moody’s or any other credit agency that gives a country its credit rating keeps threatening to drop the US credit rating. This has been going all along for the past year. And the problem has been politics as usual, out of control spending and very little discipline in the financial area. Obama and the rest in DC, both the Republicans and the Democrats, have ultimately made a total mess of this, where it is going to end up crashing down on every bodies heads, not just DC, and who will suffer, not going to be those in DC, it is going to be we the people. If the Obama administration and all of his allies in congress were so concerned about the people, then why, when they had control over the federal government, why did no one, not one person on social security get a raise in their supplement? Not one additional cent has come from DC, in fact, it has been frozen here. Yet congress got a pay raise, those in the federal government got a pay raise, in fact some of the best paying jobs in the country right now is in the federal government. No CEO makes that kind of money, yet there are heads of departments that make 170K as a salary, and the incumbents get paid every year, and keep getting paid.
What has happened is that the new people in the congress put political pressure on the congress and the white house and simply stated enough, either you agree to the terms or we will kill every bill on the budget and any deal. To rein in spending, make the hard choices, cuts to programs and start focusing on the debt to save the country and prevent its credit rating from further sliding down the hill. And is that such a bad thing? Is it so bad that they are forcing the federal government to live within its means and not to continue its reckless spending.
The country is in trouble and the only way out is the following: A new tax code, a flat rate tax, to where it is fair and closes all loop holes in the system and financial discipline to stop the hemorrhaging of the funds out of DC. That could prevent a far worse problem in the long run.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
reply to post by Indigo5

But you have neglected to consider that a large group of people, 85 in-fact, are crazy enough to have blackmailed the president-- therefore the country once--- may do it again. How does that make you feel?

How does it make me feel? Well the Debt plan that was passed was 90% Tea Party...and the TP still went berzerk and opposed it. They don't want better Government, they want no government. Jon Stewart got it right when he said it was like Bank Robbers holed up in the bank, threatening to kill hostages and making demands and the police give them everything they want and the robbers say "Great, just one more thing...we still get to kill all the hostages, right?"

How do I feel? Ef the TP and the folks that elected them.

This debate leading up to this debt ceiling raise already kicked the economy in the balls, consumer confidence down, markets now fully aware that DC is run by a lunatic minority.

All I can hope for is that the "silent majority" of Americans, the angry average Joes that think the TP as well as the Dems and GOP who made this a political circus, show up at the polls in 2012 and say enough is enough.

No one wants to say it outloud, but this debt ceiling debate just proved that the Gov we have is seriously broken and that the TP is making it worse. They are not there to fix things, they are there to burn down the house with the middle class trapped inside. They don't give an ef.

edit on 2-8-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join