It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VP Biden collects rent from Secret Service

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by MrXYZ

And call everyone who disagrees "Liberals," but get upset when you are called a right-winger.

Fact of the matter is, this is not illegal. A little odd (if I had SS protecting me 24/7, I would happily let them stay in my guest house for free), but not illegal.

Who is upset??
The label is incorrect.

SM2

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Clinton did it as well, He had a $10,000 a month mortgage, and charged the secret service $10,000 rent on a gate house. Now, Biden approached the secret service about rent on the then vacant rental property, they agreed, he now collects rent from that. So plain and simple, conflict of interest. The argument some are making that the Secret service has rented adjoining properties to protect people in the past is different and not a valid argument, as that property was rented from someone else, not the person they are protecting. This is morally and ethically wrong, sorry, you can not justify it at all. The facts that Biden approached and made a deal is all public record. The fact that he collects money means that he recieves a private financial gain and makes it a clear cut conflict of interests. Yes it is his property he is entitled to make money off of it, however, the purpose of the property in question is a rental property by nature there to provide income. He approached the secret service after the latest tenant moved out. So it was a private business deal that he used to public office to broker and benefits financially from. No matter what side of the isle you are on, it is a conflict of interests in the least and possibly criminal.

The Bush incident is different from the information I can find on it, he did not charge them rent, if they decided they needed to modify some existing structures to fit their needs, and made the arrangements on their own, then it is not a conflict of interests. He did not receive a financial gain from the arrangement.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

You ranted yesterday about being called a right-winger. You claim to not follow party lines, but you are awfully invested in what the terrible Libs are doing.

Even though you have no idea if the people you are debating are actually Liberals (I am not).
edit on 2-8-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SM2

You forgot an important part. The SS first declined to rent the house, then went back to Biden (on their own) after the previous tenant moved out, and asked to rent.

And the Clintons didn't receive any rent money from the SS.
www.snopes.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by macman

You ranted yesterday about being called a right-winger. You claim to not follow party lines, but you are awfully invested in what the terrible Libs are doing.

Even though you have no idea if the people you are debating are actually Liberals (I am not).
edit on 2-8-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

Sorry, but looks like and quacks like, points to being.

The Liberals are, as a whole, in charge as of now. So yes, they get my scrutiny.

Put Bush back in office, and I would be even louder.

edit on 2-8-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
President paid for by the people? It costs in the millions to even run for presidency. And then you are forbidden to profit off the people.

I bet the secret service is happy they can stay in his cottage instead of living in a crappy apartment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join