It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VP Biden collects rent from Secret Service

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by spyder550

Conflict of interests, pure and simple.
One, the Secret Service should not have even had the thought to rent from the Govt official.
Two, the Govt official should have never of thought to offer this as a solution.

Nothing like one hand washing the other?

But, so long as it is not the Evil Bush, Cheney or a Tea Party member, you and others will find nothing wrong with it.

Lost cause you are.

I didn't know you had the landlord/tenant history of Biden's estate. Given that he could rent the property out to someone else, and also earn the same income, what is the difference if the SS rents it. If the SS is not staying there, they are paying money to another landlord. So in both scenarios Biden is earning revenue, and the SS is paying for the space they are occupying.

Now if you want to present some evidence that he is overcharging them or something along those lines, feel free to.

Then let them both decide that. Biden rent it to a tenant, and the SS rent from someone other then they are protecting.

Love seeing the wagons circle round the Liberal Politicians.

Love it.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

The fact that a Govt official, is allowed to broker a deal to personally benefit from another Govt department, while being in power is a conflict of interest.

Again: Him working for the government doesn't automatically mean all his belongings and properties now belong to the state. He's an EMPLOYEE!

It's most certainly NOT a conflict of interest, and saying otherwise just means you don't really know much about real estate...or the fact that if you work for the government, your property doesn't automatically belong to the government.

If he pays for properties and other stuff with his own money, and for all we know that's what he did with that house, he has the right to charge anyone using it. Hell, if he goes grocery shopping and picks up a can of coke, for all I care, he could charge the SS for that can of coke. Why should he spend his own money to support the government?
edit on 1-8-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by spyder550

Conflict of interests, pure and simple.
One, the Secret Service should not have even had the thought to rent from the Govt official.
Two, the Govt official should have never of thought to offer this as a solution.

Nothing like one hand washing the other?

But, so long as it is not the Evil Bush, Cheney or a Tea Party member, you and others will find nothing wrong with it.

Lost cause you are.

I hope you realize that words actually have meaning -- Please for this dumb progressive -- tell me how that is a conflict of interest -- Trust me Bush Cheney made plenty of money of any opportunity they could get and any Tea Bagger would have wrung the hell out of this -- remember you are on the side whose slogan is -- I got mine - screw you -- your are following this down a rabbit hole that is making you look a little naive.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by macman

The fact that a Govt official, is allowed to broker a deal to personally benefit from another Govt department, while being in power is a conflict of interest.

Again: Him working for the government doesn't automatically mean all his belongings and properties now belong to the state. He's an EMPLOYEE!

It's most certainly NOT a conflict of interest, and saying otherwise just means you don't really know much about real estate...or the fact that if you work for the government, your property doesn't automatically belong to the government.

If he pays for properties and other stuff with his own money, and for all we know that's what he did with that house, he has the right to charge anyone using it. Hell, if he goes grocery shopping and picks up a can of coke, for all I care, he could charge the SS for that can of coke. Why should he spend his own money to support the government?

Ah, a realtor comment.

Check any Govt Policy and any other Govt employee and yes, if there is personal gains, then it is a conflict of interest.

Except for Liberals. It's always different.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

The law doesn't forbid this at all. But feel free to prove me wrong by posting the law where it states government workers can't rent out their property to the government

The "personal gains" concerns gains on government property. Like, he wouldn't be allowed to tell the secret service to deliver newspapers and then hand over the money they make from that. Clearly, not only don't you seem to know about real estate, it's also blatantly obvious that you don't really know much about law either. Nothing wrong with not knowing, but you keeping on pretending as if this was some sort of crime is beyond laughable

PS: I hope you like waisting time doing research, because clearly, there's no such law

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Apparently if you are a Democrat this is true -- other wise if you are on the right it is capitalism and the rich really should get richer. Because then we can enjoy the golden showers as it trickles down on all the rest of us.

The govenment has no right to taking private property with out compensation.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Since they are protecting him, I think he should waive the rent, but since they approached him about renting the property, I don't see a big problem here.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

The law doesn't forbid this at all. But feel free to prove me wrong by posting the law where it states government workers can't rent out their property to the government

The "personal gains" concerns gains on government property. Like, he wouldn't be allowed to tell the secret service to deliver newspapers and then hand over the money they make from that. Clearly, not only don't you seem to know about real estate, it's also blatantly obvious that you don't really know much about law either. Nothing wrong with not knowing, but you keeping on pretending as if this was some sort of crime is beyond laughable

PS: I hope you like waisting time doing research, because clearly, there's no such law

So if a Politician is able to steer tax dollars to a company, is that legit then?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Man you understand that concept so poorly it is embarrassing

Here is the definition of conflict of interest -- where is the motivation -- was there bribery did he vote on federal funds to build the house so he could rent it. Did he decide that he needed SS or did he work out where they were to stay..

en.wikipedia.org...

I am beginning to understand now why the right can vote for the unethical so easily -- these concepts are not that straight forward - so what makes most peoples jaw drop -- is just okie dokie because it makes their head hurt to think about it.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

So if a Politician is able to steer tax dollars to a company, is that legit then?

If there's a legit reason as to why that company should receive government money, sure, totally legit. But in this case, he didn't even make the government pay money to some random company, he made them pay rent (legally) for HIS property...again, totally legal and NOT a conflict of interest.

You seem to believe government workers automatically sign over all their belongings to the government...that's INSANE!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
reply to post by macman

Man you understand that concept so poorly it is embarrassing

Here is the definition of conflict of interest -- where is the motivation -- was there bribery did he vote on federal funds to build the house so he could rent it. Did he decide that he needed SS or did he work out where they were to stay..

en.wikipedia.org...

I am beginning to understand now why the right can vote for the unethical so easily -- these concepts are not that straight forward - so what makes most peoples jaw drop -- is just okie dokie because it makes their head hurt to think about it.

No, sorry as I do understand it just fine.

You just don't like it when applied to certain people and groups.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

No, sorry as I do understand it just fine.

You just don't like it when applied to certain people and groups.

It's not just applied to "certain people", it's the LAW and completely ok

You obviously didn't know that...now you do. Now, if you want to go on with this, how about providing us some legal proof as to why this is illegal? We'll be waiting

link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

The right-wingers have become Commies!

link   

reply to post by macman

If there's a legit reason as to why that company should receive government money, sure, totally legit. But in this case, he didn't even make the government pay money to some random company, he made them pay rent (legally) for HIS property...again, totally legal and NOT a conflict of interest.

You seem to believe government workers automatically sign over all their belongings to the government...that's INSANE!

Again, I never stated he must handover his property. but, go ahead and keep rallying behind that.
Please go back and show me where I stated that.

You have assumed, and you are wrong.

The situation should have never come up.

Biden personally gains from the Govt, from an Agency that in affect works for him, while being in less words "the Govt".

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by MrXYZ

No. And who said I was a right-winger??
Yet again, another assumption.

You two must share a brain.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

You have never stated why it is corrupt or represents a conflict of interest - there fore I have to assume you can't come up with an answer.

I'm sorry but you don't -- perhaps someone else can explain it to you because it is obvious that you are being willfully ignorant -- and I don't have much truck with the willfully ignorant.

-- Kthxbye

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Biden personally gains from the Govt...

No, he gains from HIS PROPERTY! Again, do you understand the difference between personal and government property? Do you understand that the "personal gains" stuff you're talking about talks about making personal gains on GOVERNMENT PROPERTY?

I should put away the shovel and stop digging yourself a deeper hole

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by MrXYZ

Their version of communism only concerns government workers though

And of course we're still waiting for proof of his claims...and I suspect we'll be left waiting because he clearly can't provide any

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
www.usoge.gov...

Looking for more right now.

I am sure I will get the retort of "It's different".
The famous words of every Liberal.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

Biden personally gains from the Govt...

No, he gains from HIS PROPERTY! Again, do you understand the difference between personal and government property? Do you understand that the "personal gains" stuff you're talking about talks about making personal gains on GOVERNMENT PROPERTY?

I should put away the shovel and stop digging yourself a deeper hole

Oh, a semantics master.

Not surprised.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join