It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

VP Biden collects rent from Secret Service

page: 1
4
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

The U.S. Secret Service does more than protect Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. — the agency also pays him rent.

Since April, Mr. Biden has collected more than $13,000 from the agency charged with protecting him and his family for use of a rental cottage adjacent to the waterfront home he owns in a Wilmington, Del., suburb.

Mr. Biden, listed not as vice president in federal purchasing documents but as a “vendor,” is eligible for up to $66,000 by the time the government contract expires in the fall of 2013, the records show.

Source


Let's see here - The Secret Service is paid for by the American people. Vice President of the U.S. is paid for by the American people. There seems to be a conflict of interest here or at the very least, a percieved conflict of interest in which someone should have pointed out to ol Joe on this one.




posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Covered Yesterday.

And no, it's not a conflict of interest. Biden has a rental property, if the SS is not renting it, someone else will and be paying him rent. If the SS if not renting his property, they have to rent someone else's, still spending the money.



posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This is what its all about, MONEY. These greedy jack holes are robbing the American people blind.

Its interesting that the people with NO money are giving what little they have to the people with great sums of money.

GREEDY JACK HOLES



posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Really? you dont think the SS paid rent on Bushs property the little ranch he lived on so that he could project the image of a windshield cowboy -- the problem with articles like this is that they find some fact that furthers their agenda -- bullhorn it to the people who will incorporate it into their "know for a fact fact"

Did they check to find that this was not customary -- Does the constitution even prevent the military from conscripting quarters -- I know its a stretch but so is your faux outrage.

If you were a corporate officer -- you can damn well bet that any of the officers home used by security would be billed to the corporation. You will find that the rich expect to be repaid every stinking dime.



posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Just another shining example of the corruption that is so rampant within Politics.

What a mad world this is.



posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
There are plenty of things going on in this current administration that far outweigh this circumstance in severity.

I don't really even see an issue with this situation in the first place.



posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
Just another shining example of the corruption that is so rampant within Politics.

What a mad world this is.


Please explain why that is corrupt -- it is easy to say stuff like this when in reality it is just BS spew. Just how is this corrupt. Please explain ----



posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by spyder550
 


SO the fact that he has SS assigned to him, the SS is paid from taxes, then Biden, a Govt employee gets to turn around and bill them? And you see nothing wrong with this?

Sorry, but there is no hope for you. Trying to demolish the Great Wall of China with Snap Pops would prove a better use of time.



posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
When Eric Cantor stands to make a bundle if the US defaults is not a big deal but Biden charging rent for a home he owns is outrageous? Who said they had to stay in his house? Seems like anytime someone on the right does anything it is just standard business and who could blame the guy. When the left does it, it is some kind of crazy scheme.



posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by spyder550
 


SO the fact that he has SS assigned to him, the SS is paid from taxes, then Biden, a Govt employee gets to turn around and bill them? And you see nothing wrong with this?


Whoever owns the property they decided to stay in is going to expect to get paid for the time they spend living there. Are you against people making money the legitimate way?


Sorry, but there is no hope for you. Trying to demolish the Great Wall of China with Snap Pops would prove a better use of time.


But he asked you to explain the corruption and you did not. Saying there is not hope for anyone instead of answering looks a lot like you just do not have that answer.





posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Biden? Whos that?

Ohhhh, you mean that guy that Obama keeps locked up in his basement.

Biden. He sure stays out of the scene. I never hear anyone talk about him.

If I didnt know any better, I would assume he was just a fictional character.

Obama- "Biden, if you see a camera, shut your mouth and run, there can only be one of us who
can l;ie and get away with it".... "You just have to sit back and shut up and watch while I bring this country to its knees"... ::evil laugh::


No really. I could care less. I say the SS doesnt pay him his rent, and then Biden kicks him off the property.
Lets see how fast he forgives the rent then.


People are protecting him and his family, and he has the nerve to charge them rent? And the guy is worth how much? Hes the VICE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES- he should at least act like it.
Or he can go back in the cellar where Obama prefers him.

Republican, democrat-whatever- doesnt matter who it is, that is just MORALLY wrong IMO.
If that was me, I wouldnt charge them a dime. I should be the one paying them for watching over my family.

...go ahead...flame away cause you are so entrenched with your partisan politics.
Hit me with your best "bidens right" "Obamas God" viewpoint.

Not that I care about a bunch of brainless followers opinions anyways =)
But I will act like I do just for those who think I should.



posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by spyder550
 


SO the fact that he has SS assigned to him, the SS is paid from taxes, then Biden, a Govt employee gets to turn around and bill them? And you see nothing wrong with this?

Sorry, but there is no hope for you. Trying to demolish the Great Wall of China with Snap Pops would prove a better use of time.




It is private property -- say you were his neighbor and the gov. came in and said -- "we have to use some of your property to bivouac these guys - that's ok with you right - kthx" I dont think so - you would charge them rent. But why would you charge rent -- you are a citizen right, is it not your patriotic responsibility to give up your property.

Your reply makes absolutely no sense at all. I pay for the secret service because I think it is important If the guy I am guarding has a place that I can use for an office -- pay him for it. I absolutely dont see the problem there -- oh wait a minute I think I see it -- yes -- yes he's a democrat so the Faux Outrage is kicking in and the whining is commencing.

The rich have different opportunities -- you wouldn't understand.



posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by spyder550
 


Conflict of interests, pure and simple.
One, the Secret Service should not have even had the thought to rent from the Govt official.
Two, the Govt official should have never of thought to offer this as a solution.

Nothing like one hand washing the other?

But, so long as it is not the Evil Bush, Cheney or a Tea Party member, you and others will find nothing wrong with it.


Lost cause you are.



posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
Really? you dont think the SS paid rent on Bushs property the little ranch he lived on so that he could project the image of a windshield cowboy -- the problem with articles like this is that they find some fact that furthers their agenda -- bullhorn it to the people who will incorporate it into their "know for a fact fact"

Did they check to find that this was not customary -- Does the constitution even prevent the military from conscripting quarters -- I know its a stretch but so is your faux outrage.

If you were a corporate officer -- you can damn well bet that any of the officers home used by security would be billed to the corporation. You will find that the rich expect to be repaid every stinking dime.


You forget though, it is always different for Liberals. ALWAYS!!!

Kind of like everyone else having to pay taxes. If they lie, then they go to jail, yet, we have several Tax cheats in office, with no repercussions.
Or, kind of like Corp Officers and accountants going to jail after they "cooked the books". Enron comes to mind. Yet, the people in Govt get to do this same action every day.

Or, kind of like a Corp officer getting insider info on stock, then ending up in jail. Yet, the Govt gets to do insider deals like???? Charging the Govt that rents your property, knowing full well that there was no insider help in that, right??? Wrong.


ALWAYS DIFFERENT FOR LIBERALS!!!!

edit on 1-8-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
"You will find that the rich expect to be repaid every stinking dime. "



yeah like biden getting paid by tax dollars and his ss who get paid by tax dollars and then charge whats already been paid by tax dollars to pay someone else getting paid by tax dollars(rent)

yep sure fits.



posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
So wait...he owns property, and you are angry that he isn't giving it away for free? Really?


Why on earth would he give it away for free, it's not as if being the vice president suddenly means all your property now belongs to the government


What a ridiculously stupid complaint



posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
So wait...he owns property, and you are angry that he isn't giving it away for free? Really?


Why on earth would he give it away for free, it's not as if being the vice president suddenly means all your property now belongs to the government


What a ridiculously stupid complaint


Nope, just angry that some, including the people in Govt, fail to see the conflict of interest in this.



posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by macman
 


How exactly is it a conflict of interest. If he wouldn't let them stay there, he could rent it out to someone else....and tell the secret service to build their own hut. It's HIS PROPERTY, not the governments. Why would he have to hand his property over for free?

According to your logic, every government worker shouldn't be allowed to rent out property to government institutions...that's just plain crazy!


edit on 1-8-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by spyder550
 


Conflict of interests, pure and simple.
One, the Secret Service should not have even had the thought to rent from the Govt official.
Two, the Govt official should have never of thought to offer this as a solution.

Nothing like one hand washing the other?

But, so long as it is not the Evil Bush, Cheney or a Tea Party member, you and others will find nothing wrong with it.


Lost cause you are.


I didn't know you had the landlord/tenant history of Biden's estate. Given that he could rent the property out to someone else, and also earn the same income, what is the difference if the SS rents it. If the SS is not staying there, they are paying money to another landlord. So in both scenarios Biden is earning revenue, and the SS is paying for the space they are occupying.

Now if you want to present some evidence that he is overcharging them or something along those lines, feel free to.



posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by macman
 


How exactly is it a conflict of interest. If he wouldn't let them stay there, he could rent it out to someone else....and tell the secret service to build their own hut. It's HIS PROPERTY, not the governments. Why would he have to hand his property over for free?

According to your logic, every government worker shouldn't be allowed to rent out property to government institutions...that's just plain crazy!


edit on 1-8-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)


I have never implied or suggested he give it away. Thanks for trying, you fail.
The fact that a Govt official, is allowed to broker a deal to personally benefit from another Govt department, while being in power is a conflict of interest.
Anything taught in any ethics class will show this.
The property should have never been an option. Let him rent it out, burn it, piss on it, eat it, I don't care. But when the Politician gets to decide where they stay, and personally benefits from this, it is a conflict of interest.



new topics

top topics



 
4
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join