It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangerous Toxins From Genetically Modified Plants Found in Women and Fetuses

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Thats about everything we eat. and that i have eaten.
Recently after examinations a tumor was found in my stomache. i always eat what i consider good food, i rarely eat red meat or pork. i eat plenty of vegetales,fish,fruit ect.

How do i determine if this is a result of any 1 companys poisonous products?
edit on 2-8-2011 by hrmmm because: typo

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Ive been saying for years that GM crops are one of the most messed up things we do in the 21st century and every person i speak to agrees, and just like me they all still eat GM foods

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

The Bt-toxin, they claimed, would be completely destroyed in the human digestive system and

Famous last words...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Im sorry, but this story of the amish farmer is laughable.

Roundup loses its potency after being exposed to the elements for a few days, so good luck with it passing through a cow's digestive system, sitting as manure for months, and then somehow still being able to effect the crops the manure is spread on.

If roundup could stay in the ecosystem after being applicated for any considerable period of time, then it wouldnt be used.

Look into 2-4-D if you dont believe this. 2-4-D is a NON-selective broadleaf herbicide, and it stays around for weeks to months. Due to this chemical being persistent in the environment, there is a cutoff date for spraying it.

Without having the spotty leaves taken to the state extension service for FREE testing, it is hard to say what the yellow spotting would be, but i could name a list of things off the top of my hand which cant be attributed to roundup.

It really irks me how you or the Amish farmer, either one, "assumed" roundup did something to the crop even though it experiences no symptoms of roundup damage.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

I forgot to tell you
for what I personally believe is one of the best post here on ATS so far. After reading comments for the second day, it seems that though some of us have different opinions, we have stayed very civil with one another on this one. Congrats to you and the rest of the family. Hopefully, being polite and tolerant while disagreeing will catch on here.

With that said, I would like to inform everyone of a free publication I myself receive yearly titled Food Master, Where The Food Industry Buys. It's published by bnp media and can be found here:

Food Master Publication

It's a very large publication and half of the book is on Ingredients and R&D Services, the other half is dedicated to Equipment, Supplies and Services and will run you about $100. I also get their monthly magazines on new food ingredients as well, which has proven for me personally, to be very insightful. I believe you will find a link to the magazine which is free if you're a registered chemist. The gigantic catalog is free if you're registered with the ACS (American Chemical Society).

I read many publications of this type because there's some "very bad cooking" going on in the corporate kitchens, if you get my drift. You would be amazed at what they're doing to our foods. Some of these practices along with the likes of Monsanto is mind boggling to say the least and it's all for a quick buck IMHO.

Again, great job on this one and please keep us informed if you learn anything new.

BTW, I found the magazines site: Prepared Foods
edit on 8/2/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: Added link

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by hrmmm

About the only thing you can do is to have the tumor tested to see if it in fact contains any of the GMO genes. I'm not a scientist (although I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express...lol) but I would think that if the tumor did contain any specific genes, then they should be able to find out if it was the cause of the tumor, i.e. BT-Toxin. If you could prove that, then you are going to be very wealthy!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jssaylor2007

Well, not to be rude or anything, but I don't really care if you believe it or not. The farmer said it was tested, and that's how they found out what was causing it. Now why would an Amish farmer lie, especially when we did not mention anything about pesticides or GMO crops to him? The conversation was about his alph-alpha crop. He offered the story.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Crayfish

You make a side stab here at all critics of the industry.

Can you post serious peer-reviewed evidence that would state that a connection between mercury poisoning and autism is completely ruled out?

Here again, it is the industry that must prove that their products - here bt corn - are truly and completely harmless.
They simply cannot do that for it would take decades of followup. But Monsanto wants to make money NOW.

I know some of the details and procedures - actually, one classmate of mine is chief engineer at a company that patents flu vaccines and another works at he leading gene tech experimental firm.

Look, the problem is not science, neither the requirements of the public - in a democracy, anything done in large scale must be explained to the average man.

The problem is Monsanto.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jssaylor2007

Alfalfa is known to get infected from rounduo ready GENES from pollen
from neighboring alfalfa fields - Monsanto sued some farmers back a few years because their alfalfa was contaminated.
It could be a different effect than directly passing on the herbicide itself. Or it could be that - depending on how much time passed.
Unfortunately MountSatan is know to have cooked the books of experiments quite a few times to fool authorities and the public, so it will naturally take a longer time for anyone to believe what they say, about the pesticide they market.
The question may be more complex than what the farmer thought - who exactly knows about mixed gene alfalfa fed to cows? - but it cannot be ruled out MS was at fault at this point just because one particular chain of argument does not work.

See, in the public eye, MS turned into a self-motivated, vicious liar, regularly falsifying evidence. Except for the dissident scientists who left the firm. It would be now next to impossible to vanquish this image, try as they might.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kokatsi

Correction herbicide not pesticide.

Although alfalfa could be contaminated by cross pollination, there would be no reason for it to do anything other than have a resistance to the roundup chemical.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I am not against GMO science on principle. I question the wisdom of becoming addicted to any herbicide or pesticide though. It is an unwise goal in the long term. A gene scientist should think ecologically, and not simply to maximise short-term returns or to create monopolies.

Antibiotics saved many lives over the decades. Yet overuse of them has proven to bear some bad fruits decades after their overuse.
If innocent and wise scientists would modify genes of plants as little as they could, to bring about better variants which could have evolved by Nature, so be it. However, I mistrust Monsanto and their profit motive and their world-wide bullying tactics. Quite simply, an ecological long-term consideration would be necessary for creating any GMO plants. How the new variant fits into the food chain etc. I am not a dogmatic nature-firster, but obviously there is a larger system we are part of.
Garlic has a natural fungicide. Tobacco has nicotine in it partly to kill competing plants. Basil is repellent to c ertain insects. I can imagine a crop developed using genes of already existing plants - it is a much-much larger step to mix bacterial genes or animal genes into any plant though.

The Terminator Gene is another unwise thing. It is not a side-effect, it was a goal to addict people so that traditional agricultural practices of sowing back seeds from your crop are terminated and a monopoly is created thereby. That is not only unwise, it is downright evil.

Electricity is a technology - you can light houses with it and computers, or you can torture people. I don't think electricity should be banned - but we learn ealy on that the more power a technology has, the more cotrol of wise, responsible people it should be under and generally the more careful one should be with it.

I cannot judge the laboratory procedures cirticised by teh industry in the OP experiment, all I can say is that their debunking web site does not say much and sputs a lot of pro-industry ideology. As if industry would coincide with true science.

True science is simply free of interests.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dionisius
Ive been saying for years that GM crops are one of the most messed up things we do in the 21st century and every person i speak to agrees, and just like me they all still eat GM foods

Because we have no real choice. GM products don't say "GM" on them and the FDA won't allow non GM products to say ":non-GM".

The truth is we are in a soft pathocracy(rule of sociopaths). These people in power and in the bureaucracies will lie, lie and lie some more without shame because they have no conscience.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join