It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to remember?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I did a search and couldn’t pull up anything completely pertaining to my topic.. so if there is another thread out there please direct me to it!

I have a horrible problem with remembering dreams. I am constantly waking up with this feeling that I have dreamt something important or meaningful but I cannot remember. Sometimes throughout the day, I will have like a “flash back” (Not full on zoning out and reliving the dream, just bits of remembrance) of my dream, but I have no clue if I dreamt it last night or 5 years ago. Does anyone have any tips on remembering dreams? Its like the second I open my eyes its all gone, like it never happened, but I get an odd feeling all the time.

Thanks (:

EDIT: When I say "important or meaningful" I mean to myself not as in I think the world is going to end (:
edit on 1/8/2011 by Britx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
For me I always have the most vivid dreams when I've slept for about 6 hours, wake up, get up, then go back to sleep for about an hour.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I love remembering my dreams but it seems very hit and miss. Some nights I will remember numerous dreams very clearly and other times I can only remember little bits or nothing at all!

I do have a notepad and pen on my bedside table for the purpose of writing down my dreams the second I wake so that they don't get forgotten (as dreams tend to do after being awake a little while)

I hope you get some helpful answers to your question as I am very interested also.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
It is sometimes useful to have a pad beside you so that you can write down your dreams after awaking, you can try telling yourself to remember the dreams you have.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Britx

Hi, me and my partner are currently in the same boat. We've tried listening to 'conscious dreaming' music before we go to sleep but with no success. I'll be keeping an eye in your thread because I too would like to remember my dreams again. It's getting a bit frustrating.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I will tell you a few things I know for sure.

#1 If you drink alcohol or take medications, it will retard your ability to remember as well as affect the dreams themselves.
#2 Your age has a great deal to do with it as well..
#3 Stress will also have an affect as well.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

What has your age got to do with it?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulo

Your Brain chemistry and hormones that affect the brain change over the years ( The aging process)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britx
I did a search and couldn’t pull up anything completely pertaining to my topic.. so if there is another thread out there please direct me to it!

I have a horrible problem with remembering dreams. I am constantly waking up with this feeling that I have dreamt something important or meaningful but I cannot remember. Sometimes throughout the day, I will have like a “flash back” (Not full on zoning out and reliving the dream, just bits of remembrance) of my dream, but I have no clue if I dreamt it last night or 5 years ago. Does anyone have any tips on remembering dreams? Its like the second I open my eyes its all gone, like it never happened, but I get an odd feeling all the time.

Thanks (:

EDIT: When I say "important or meaningful" I mean to myself not as in I think the world is going to end (:
edit on 1/8/2011 by Britx because: (no reason given)

the first step is to keep a dream journal, have something right by your bed so as soon as you wake up and the dream is fresh you can write it down. later in the day if you remember more because something triggered a dream memory you can alaways go back and add to it.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soulo
reply to post by CherubBaby

What has your age got to do with it?

the older you get the less REM sleep you have, REM sleep is when you have your dreams

new topics

top topics

join