It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrible Development! Ridiculous Compromise yet again!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

The government didn't fail, because we as citizens ARE THE GOVERNMENT! It is those who are elected that are failures and the bureaucracy that needs to be abolished.

The first part of your claim is false, the citizens are not running the government, the extreme minority elected are dictating the country. These people serve the rich, and the rich take care of them, it is as simple as that, which explains why billions of dollars of tax payer money went straight to the pocket of the CEO's.

That is the biggest theft in the American history, and I don't think if American people governed their own wealth, they would give it to these small few who were rich to begin with, then lost that wealth, then the elected dictators took your money, and the money of hundred million more Americans and gave it to them.

It is disturbing, yes I know, but such deep rooted corruption can be ended if we take at least in to consideration Qaddafi's idea. Although he is depicted as a psychopath in the MSM, he has provided many progressive ideas for the world and humanity, including his idea of making the North African desert green, including his idea to buy a Satellite instead of Africa paying 500 million every year to Europe, including his idea to of "the great man made river" which brought endless supply of water to the thirsty nation of Libya....

Here's a video showing his idea of making the desert green in practice, this is in Libya by the way:

edit on 1-8-2011 by confreak because: video added

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Your sitting president could fix it all with one swipe of his pen...order the troops home now...simple fix...get them loading on plaes as soon as they can line up...but he wont fix it so dont blame someone else...he has the power

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I'm not a frequent poster. I didn't read the whole thread, but I read the first page. And what I saw disturbed me - and not, mind you, the distrust of intentions or the media circus, no - what bothered me was the short-sightedness and choreographed (not by design, but by habit) nature of the indignation. And not, again, the indignation itself - or even that I suspected the motives of the repliers (specters of g-men, anyone?) but simply this: Their reasoning is wrong.

Praising the extreme while chastising the compromise has a certain uncommon sense, the likes of which I can appreciate, and the genuine fear of passing unsustainable systems, institutions, and debts onto the shoulders of our descendants I can like-wise empathize with and even admire, but again: It misses the point.

It misses it not like an arrow misses the target but quite really like a lifeguard misses the drowning swimmer with the preserver when he happens to throw it into the wrong pool.

The United States' debt is non unsustainable, precisely because it is blackmail. Blackmail of the citizens, of the foreign exporters, and of the world's security.

Does it not occur to anyone that the reason Defense spending is a sacred cow is precisely because it is the cow that provides the village with its milk? That it is the truck that brings home the bacon? And I don't mean in the sense of oil, or resources, or opium - though I'm sure that plays a part - I mean in the simple value it adds to the currency, and to the fear it inspires in other nations, and even international bodies, and especially in individuals; that by necessity it directs their actions towards accommodation of the great beast...

And I don't mean that in the biblical sense, as I'm sure some of you avid conspirators assumed, no, I mean it precisely descriptively: A great hungry beast - old, already, though it should still be young, and cursed with all the decadence, recklessness, and forgetfulness of ancient and aging Rome - though, I might add, with few of its virtues to boast.

We are not passing unsustainable debts onto our children - we are passing them both the rifle and the skin of life giving water. They will fight for their future, as our ancestors fought for ours; and that we might see the folly - or, more truly, the evil - in such a cycle, and though we rail against it and gnash our teeth, it does us nothing - nothing! - if we will not admit that what we pass our children is not the debt but the rifle; not the burden, but the blade.

We have given our children war - and war there will be - but not fought by us, no, we are internationalists now; maybe not in conversation, or conspiracy, but certainly in habit and in temperament - the majority of us at least.

We will not fight the next war, well, maybe some of us, but by and large it will be our children. They won't fight for freedom. They won't fight for justice - no, they'll fight for the old, sacred, and truly honest reason of wealth and survival.

And I don't mean to glorify it! BY no means! May they be damned for what they will do! And however damned (in this life or the next, choose your hell) they will be - we will be the greater devils. We gave this to them.Do not go to sleep once and forget it.

"Old men declare war, but it is the youth that must fight and die."

We do not declare war with our decrees, or even with our lips - we declare war with our actions.

Every time we enjoy or consume a luxury that 90% of humanity could never even hope for, we declare war.
Every time we condemn the immigrant leech without pausing a second to ponder the leeches that already cover our skin, we declare war.

And I don't, by any means, mean the poor.

Every time we go but a fathom when we could go the day's march, we declare war.

We declare it in the names of our children, because we dare not declare it for ourselves. We cowards! Yet we force the world into a shape that cannot avoid it: That cannot avoid war and its consequences.

The debt ceiling will be raised, and the buck will be passed.

The burden, when it comes to be bared, will be borne in blood - not bullion. We will pay for our greed with our children's' lives - not with their college tuition.

And when the war is won (which it certainly will be - for have we not amply prepared?) our sons and daughters will become strange and wonderful heroes to their own children - as our ancestors were to us.

But we will not be there to cry: "Fool!" We will not be there to remember or to remind.

No, we will not be there at all. We will be dead.

And the future will be beyond our grasp forever.

-RedBird

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

wow "fixing the global economy"....that's what's wrong with that right now! That's not in the Founding documents of our nation.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Big wheel keep on turning. Proud Mary keep on burning.

Exactly. No bank in their right mind takes a spendaholic that has reached their debt limit, has no method of repayment, has declining income, and is about to default, and then loans them more money?
So one must ask what is their motivation for doing such an apparently stupid thing that on the surface seems to have no real benefit for the banks?

It's called INTEREST. The banks profit if the debt isn't paid. The banksters have it all figured out. We should never ever again save any financial institution for their poor decisions with a government bail out. They will take your home in a flash!

Money (debt) starts at the Fed and now is ending there, they created it from thin air and take it back in. The debt makes a big circle. The Fed credits the bank reserves for their expense. The Fed has to buy IOUs (Government bonds) to keep the Titanic (U.S. economy) from going down. QE3 is on the horizon. When the U.S. Dollar is the king, keep the printing presses rolling. This is why there will not be a "default". This is why the U.S. budget has automatic inceases to offset the inflation. This is why there has to be a continuous increase of the debt ceiling. Inflation (revenue) for the banksters will continue until the entire ponzi scheme comes crashing down. The only way for us to succeed with overcoming TPTB is to hit them in the wallet. Be prepared. There will be a new beginning and self responsibility will be a key to survival in the near future.
edit on 8/2/2011 by ontarff because: spelling

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by RedBird

This isn't the 1940's, war will not get us out of this mess. All it will do is lead to nuclear war and a fate far worse.
Building some massive empire like the Nazi's attempted just isn't possible today.

We are already pushing our luck with the amount of middle eastern meddling we are doing, Push to far and China and Russia will push back.

Yes it's true we have bullied our way into becoming the greatest debtor nation in the world , but eventually the people we are oppressing will have had enough and choose to fight back.

Another thing I keep thinking about is China's huge problem of having so many young males and not enough jobs. I really think that government may half way want to go to war just to balance their population out, we really should not give them any encouragement.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

"This" is the whole point of the debt ceiling plan...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Ummmm...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

S&F You are right. Obama completely rolled over and Democrats conceded everything "for the good of the country?" I don't understand how they can even say that.

How Republicans Screwed the Pooch

Bob Greenstein, the widely respected president of the nonpartisan Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, has done just that. His conclusion:
The Boehner-GOP plan is "tantamount to a form of ‘class warfare.’

If enacted, it could well produce the greatest increase in poverty and hardship produced by any law in modern U.S. history."

Think about that. As the economy teeters on the precipice of a double-dip recession, as millions of Americans search in vain for a job, as tens of millions of homeowners are underwater, as poverty soars and the middle class is hammered, the Speaker of the House is pushing a proposal that—let me repeat Greenstein's analysis—“could well produce the greatest increase in poverty and hardship in modern U.S. history.”

Deep cuts in every domestic priority—from education for disabled children to food safety to homeland security to clean air and water. Followed by painful cuts in Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid.

But not a dollar in new revenue. Not one corporate loophole closed, not one billionaire asked to pay one penny in higher taxes.

www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
The Elite need more time
to get more money from the tax payer
they still want to delay a total collapse of the economy
and still dont want to find new and better solutions for our futur generations sakes
so yet again .. we wuill pay for their bad decision
and no solutions will be found

so yet again yes .. they are delaying the crash ONLY for their own sake
this is the proof they care more about their pockets then the population
leader they say they are ??? .. no CRIMINAL who robs the banks

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

So there's no debt crisis at all? You say make sure your children get a job other than flipping burgers... I'm 15 and it's hard enough to get a job other than one paying minimum wage, which still isn't enough. These policies and Compromise's are indeed taking money. Our school textbooks are about 10 years old, we can't afford to buy new ones. This year our school is also going without any type of security or School Resource Officer due to budget. IMO, they put jobs overseas because of the low demand here because we aren't able to pay for it.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
A super congress of 13,
Who was the last person who had twelve disciples???
Tht's who Your president thinks he is.

Goodbye America , land of the free.

Adolph Obama has just suckered You all into a dictatorship.
Kiss Your guns goodbye.
Kiss Your childrens futures goodbye.
You will do as Obama say's so, or else, remember what the OR ELSE last was????

SUCKERS.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
My god you americans are going through a tough time. Your sovereignty has fallen into the Globalist abysis. Super congress aye. I wonder who will pick the 12 puppets. Place your bets now.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by aarys

Also, your dictator is not even from your country. Hows that for Iriony.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
what can i say? the people in washinton simply have no balls to stand up for what is right anymore. they are sellouts and traitors to this nation.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Regarding the republic, the party's over folks.

Last one leaving, please switch off the lights.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Honestly this would have to rate as one of the worst days(moments) in modern human development.

At its core, its is completely flawed, it really is no different than banks offering credit cards to people who have maxed out 5 other cards. There is no possible way you can get out of this hole.

You will default.period.
"Push it out "was the best decision a room full of over educated, over paid public servants could come up with.

Again another vote of no confidence in American & World governments and Economies.

Our kids are really doomed.

The system has failed time and tme again, yet we feel compelled to push through, and empower those who fail us continuously?
Is it time to make people accountable?
Is it time to realise commercial currency is not the way forward for our species?
Is it time to realise being healthy outweighs being wealthy?
Is it time to work for health as the currency and to ensure we can feed, clothe & provide basic shelter for ourselves?
Is it time to realise as an intelligent animal, we are not working towards the survival of our species?
Is it time to stop making the divide between yourself and your neighbours larger?

Maybe it is time for the Anonymous movement to prevail?

Can it get any worse than how our chosen leaders have run the show for so long?

/rant mode off....

.....and yes I'm a dreamer...... but I'm not the only one. (rip JL)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Every bit of this back and forth between Democrats and republican's is nothing more than smoke and mirrors to confuse us. This will all crash regardless of whether they come to an agreement or not. Their real plan is to remedy this by creating a new "Super Congress" that has only a few descision makers that either side will no longer be able to filibuster. It will be controlled by Obama alone and it is indeed...a dictatorship at birth. Just as he bypassed congress so many times already Libya, his new laws etc. He is now using this debt problem to creat a new "controlled" congress.........and it's all downhill for the American people from there. See if this doesn't come true.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tinman67
Our attention averted, grandstanding completed. What was happening whilst our elected officials filled the news with worthless and unending babbling?
Remember, this is all an illusion. Scripted and edited for maximum effect.

A "Super Congress" council of 13 was created to "fast track " legislation through the House and Senate amid the babbling and grandstanding.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I watched all of the "ceremonies" last night, and I'm still wondering about a few things.

What kinda stuff DID they cut - the only thing that was mentioned was by Pelosi, saying how the Government isn't going to keep paying for very poor children to go to school - whatever plan that was... My sister was a teacher for underpriviledged children for a while, so I'm sure I'll hear more about it soon enough.

Pelosi also stated "We're very concerned that a bill that makes these big cuts and has no – not one red cent from the wealthiest people in our country – no revenue – is very disconcerting, that is."

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

She kept talking in circles so much it was hard to keep track of exactly what she was saying...
however I'm sure there's a recording of all of it up on C-span's website.

The U.S. Senate returns this morning at 9:30am ET for debate on the debt ceiling compromise worked out between Congressional leaders and the White House. A vote on final passage is scheduled for noon ET, and Senators have agreed that the bill must get 60 votes to pass.

The Republican-controlled U.S. House approved the plan on Monday. The vote was 269 to 161. 66 Republicans voted against the proposal and 95 Democrats voted in favor of the bill.

www.c-span.org...

In other words, the bill hasn't actually been passed 100% YET - although it sure seems like it's going to. As stated above, they return at 9:30 am EST ~ about 2.5 hours from right now, for more debates, with "vote on final passage" scheduled for 12:00 EST ~ about 5 hours from right now.

Then after all of this is done, Obama still needs to sign off the bill.

Funny how they all wait til the absolute possible last minute to do all of this, isn't it? It's not like it's a "Big Deal" or anything.

The measure would raise the debt ceiling in several steps lasting until 2013 and would reduce the federal budget deficit by about $2.1 trillion over a 10-year period. The plan calls for a special joint committee that would be tasked with recommending where about $1.2 trillion of that deficit reduction should come from- in spending cuts or revenue. Those recommendations would then have to be voted on by the full House and Senate under special rules. If the joint committee or Congress fail to act, the bill calls for automatic across-the-board cuts.

www.c-span.org...

So, in other words, they're already pushing this out over another 10 years.
10 years from now, chances are none of the people that are voting on all this stuff will still be there - of course they still can be, but, Senators go by 6 year terms, Representatives are on 2 year terms, while the President himself is on a 4 year term...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Media has become so good at influencing our thoughts. I can't hardly watch a television anymore, because it literally makes me ill to see the commercials. I also watch my kids, and they "need" everything the commercials tell them they need. Poor kids, the more they need it, the more stuff I take away from them, lol! Not in a mean way, just that I redirect them to something else besides the TV and their toys, and we rarely buy any toys these days.

Quite simply I would say turn off the TV and cancel your television subscription.

Our household has been television free now for the last 5 years and it was the best thing we did.

By halving the amount of time spent trawling the net (including ATS) one can see that there is beauty that resides on this planet and that its not all doom and gloom. As an added extra it is easier to bypass the end of the world domination that seems to be progressively getting worst. According to my calculations we should have died at least 27 times this year.

Don't try and fight the tide or you will drown, just relax and see where it takes you.

edit on 2-8-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join