It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrible Development! Ridiculous Compromise yet again!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by getreadyalready

The bill, which imposes sweeping new spending cuts over the next decade, was approved in a 74-26 vote; 60 votes were required for passage.

cnn.com

just about everyone votoed for this crap

as to the markets, there are other factors that are driving the market down but, I would imagine, the threat of a downgrade of our debt is still very much prevalent and knowing that we will be in worse shape in 6-12 months isn't helping the outlook

They should have had more spending cuts up front.
The good news is that taxes were not raised.
------------
Sean Hannity had a good plan.
Freeze the budget where it is.
Reduce spending just 1% every year for only 6 years.

It sure looks good on paper.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PepsiFreak
wonder what ron pauls view on it is and how he voted

If Ron Paul and/or Marco Rubio voted "yay" on this bill, I will have lost all hope in the political system, and tuck my tail between my legs, stop debating, and go home and prepare my survival gear.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It just keeps getting worse and worse people. WHAT can we do? We can post and complain. At the end of the day, unless we want to get shot down or bombed by our own military, we have to zipit and pay taxes. Watch the fireworks. I would love to see some madness go down with our government officials

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
For those wondering how Ron Paul voted on the debt deal. Here is your answer.

www.press-citizen.com...

Paul was one of 66 Republicans who voted against the plan Monday that will raise the debt ceiling by up to $2.4 trillion and cut spending by $917 billion.

edit on 2-8-2011 by brokenbullet56 because: typo

edit on 2-8-2011 by brokenbullet56 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Keeping in mind this is but a board game for our souls.....

There's two ways to go about this:

1. A physical revolution

2. A countrywide strike. We would need EVERYONE to stop working and thus stop paying taxes. Police, fire, bankers, EVERYONE. With this option watch the snakes slither from under the rocks and beg you to begin working again.

Those two options are if the people ever REALLY wanted to do anything, which I doubt. There are still too many people working and content.

You have to understand that this world is controlled by "people" way smarter than we are! They haven't had their dna tampered with....

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
Keeping in mind this is but a board game for our souls.....

There's two ways to go about this:

1. A physical revolution

2. A countrywide strike. We would need EVERYONE to stop working and thus stop paying taxes. Police, fire, bankers, EVERYONE. With this option watch the snakes slither from under the rocks and beg you to begin working again.

Those two options are if the people ever REALLY wanted to do anything, which I doubt. There are still too many people working and content.

You have to understand that this world is controlled by "people" way smarter than we are! They haven't had their dna tampered with....

The problem is getting people in this country united on ANYTHING.

If we all decided not to pay income tax, the IRS would be overwhelmed.
If we all decided not to pay our mortgages, the banks would be overwhelmed.
If we all boycotted the major gas stations, the price of fuel would go down.
If we all voted, Congress may be more representative.
etc., etc, etc,,,

The powers of a true democracy are not used to their maximum effect.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I have been an outside observer of US politics for a while now. As a Canadian I think we are close enough to really understand your experience, and far enough away to keep our sanity.

In a time when real honest discussion is needed to resolve systemic issues of enormous importants, all your debate consists of is one line slogans, and platitudes, that offer no real insight or solution to the problems at hand.

Recently in my city we had a mayoral election in which one candidate spent the whole election giving one line slogans of stop the gravy train, bring the sanity back, etc., in relation to city deficit issues.

Once he unfortunatly got into office he has found that there is no " gravy train", and there are no easy cuts to be made. Now the discussion has turned to less police and libraries as a solution to cut expenditures, something no one wanted.

I think what we are seeing is an end to US dominance in global affairs, at least on the financial front. The country is proving to not have the ability to not only make responsible decisions, but even to have a responsible argument about what needs to be done. The rest of the world is so tied up in the inner dealings that I believe a pull back is inevitable at this point.

Maybe not today or tomorrow, but unless there is a dramatic change in the discourse, in the next few years some other super power will likely be given the reigns of the global economy. Likely China, and I'm not so certain that would be a good thing.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by PepsiFreak
wonder what ron pauls view on it is and how he voted

If Ron Paul and/or Marco Rubio voted "yay" on this bill, I will have lost all hope in the political system, and tuck my tail between my legs, stop debating, and go home and prepare my survival gear.

They both voted "NO".

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hero Protagonist

Originally posted by Tinman67
Our attention averted, grandstanding completed. What was happening whilst our elected officials filled the news with worthless and unending babbling?
Remember, this is all an illusion. Scripted and edited for maximum effect.

A "Super Congress" council of 13 was created to "fast track " legislation through the House and Senate amid the babbling and grandstanding.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Yeah, they always tell us that crap. What it's really for is to do away with the power of Congress and the Constitution, because that's exactly what it does......it bypasses the Constitution. They will tell you anything you want to hear to pass legislation like this. I can't count the times they told us they are doing something for our own good and it erodes the power of the Constitution just a little more each time. The "Patriot" Act I and !! (cough, cough). I can;'t believe that there are still people out there though, that keep falling for the same lines over and over and over. I know why they are really doing this and it's not so they can stop everyone from fighting...that is just stupid. That is like saying to get my two daughters to stop fighting, me and my wife should absolve our responsibilities and authority as parents and bring a cop (with greater authority) to come and live with us because we can't handle a simple task of just tellng them to shut up or else. This seems like something the Supreme Court should have been notified about first before creating a whole new Super System by bullying an opposition party into submission and, once again, asking the American people to give up almost every last drop of freedom they have left. Comon man, you can't really believe that this was just to break up a squabble.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The only thing I can say about this is thank you America. Because of this. the world is now BUYING gold like it's candy. including the Koreans for the first time since..... ooh FOREVER!.

Just passed $1650 oz. and not stopping anytime soon.

People say it's just a bubble. No it's not. It's just the reaction of the market to the sound on TRILLIONS of money useless paper dollars spilling from hell's own printing press at the Fed.

Oh lord when will people see just what the hell is going on. Y'all just got turned over, but at least those watching the gold price like me, now see this as a red flag that this is going to get really crappy. I mean really.

I hope the fed has got room to store all those bonds its going to have to buy because no one else will and those that do sell them back to the fed and buy commodities. (like china has been doing for months!)

Just so you don't miss the irony. The 1st of August on the old pagan calender is the start of HARVEST. where you start to reap what you sow, its a three day festival, and today is the second day. more fun tomorrow then!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ontarff
The problem is getting people in this country united on ANYTHING.

If we all decided not to pay income tax, the IRS would be overwhelmed.
If we all decided not to pay our mortgages, the banks would be overwhelmed.
If we all boycotted the major gas stations, the price of fuel would go down.
If we all voted, Congress may be more representative.
etc., etc, etc,,,

The powers of a true democracy are not used to their maximum effect.
In England they bought in a poll tax which taxed everyone the same whether they lived in a 1 room flat or a luxury mansion.

So many people, including myself, refused to pay it that they couldnt cope, they were forced to withdraw it.

With point 2, youd lose your house.

With point 3, experts say fuel would go up if people boycotted it. if that happens then everything gets more expensive. I think fuel prices need to be tripled in the US anyway as well as taxes raised several hundred percent to bring the debt down.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Excellent, the chart just went parabolic. I mean completely straight up.

somethign very serious just happened. Oh yeah the people who know whats going on just got their signal!!!!

2.55% rise on the day and the trading has not stopped yet!!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It may get bad, but it will never get too bad. America is full of people like myself who if shtf and everything was going to hell, we'd simply go and take what we want.

Why would the ptb want such a scenario? They will never let this country fall that far.........................well until they've reached their ultimate goal and everything is in place.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

gold is a bubble just like housing was a bubble just like the dot com was a bubble

artificial manipulation leads to over inflated prices just like all those other bubbles.

what goes up must come down and they always do.

history will repeat itself soon enough at some point you reach a saturation point and then you will have another "financial crisis"

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Have you considered the possibility that they are not actually in control of this situation, and it is not by design, and are just trying to make it seems so long enough until they can make a run for the bunker?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

hehe you think. Or maybe it is actually, as most people including the governments of the world consider to be a thermometer for the devaluation of the dollar.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

that thing about gold governments and people are buying it and at any point the market could be flooded and those thousands you paid for that gold can be whiped down to a mere 20 bucks in an instant people could potentially be in the millions and billions or trillions.

the dollar goes bye bye and enter the "amero" or the chinese "yuan"

then the new reserve currency any "government" has to do buy buy back all that gold at dirt bottom prices.

anything can happen people should be prepared

hope for the best but prepare for the worst

edit on 2-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

And you can't eat gold.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Have you considered the possibility that they are not actually in control of this situation, and it is not by design, and are just trying to make it seems so long enough until they can make a run for the bunker?

nail on the head my wise friend

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join