It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Shabaab: Folk dancing & brassiere not allowed.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Hi,

I felt over the below article and I think it is some of the most insane I have read today. I am looking forward to hear what you people think.

Al-Shabaab: Folk dancing & brassiere not allowed.

Translation started.

Despite the very serious famine in Somalia, Al-Qaeda-related group al-Shabaab is forbidden Western relief organizations access to the country by accusing them of being Western spies and Christian crusaders.

Recently the group has, however, relaxed restrictions and allowed some humanitarian organizations to enter the worst affected areas with assistance.

But Western relief organizations are not the only thing that al-Shabaab has prohibited. The following items have also been issued a ban on:

- To sell khat
- That men and women shake hands, get together or talk together in public
- Music with lyrics
- Television Broadcasts from the BBC
- Brassieres
- Tones on phones
- To sacrifice animals for the dead
- Science and English in school
- Howling, Screaming etc
- Dancing at weddings
- Folk dancing
- Playing or watching football
- School Bells (Because they sound like church bells)
- Samosa

Translation ended.

edit on 1/8/11 by Hilltaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Howling?

A ban on howling.... what the fek is howling?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Hilltaker

And who are the exactly to ban such things, even in private gatherings so to say. If it were a wedding , and men and women are gathered, no dancing or talking?

Even football, what's wrong with playing football?

It almost seems that they are banning things just for the sake of proving how powerful they are.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mentalistbee

And who are the exactly to ban such things, even in private gatherings so to say. If it were a wedding , and men and women are gathered, no dancing or talking?

It almost seems that they are banning things just for the sake of proving how powerful they are.

Hi,

Yes my thoughts excactly. This is the organisations trying to take over the world one country at the times.

They actually have massive amount of powers in Allahs part of the world.

That is extreme I think.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
i dont have a problem with banning on khat as its a drug

but with football, a lot of people bet on the games and gambling is not allowed so they ban the game. same reason they banned people from watching the world cup

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

I think it's just become showing off now, they ban some thing stupid, and when people follow it out of fear, it gives them the idea that, ''see because we said so''.

That's how it looks to me anyway.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
no dried cured meats?

oooooooooooooooh i get it.

no over the shoulder boulder holders!

that's odd.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
omg the ignorance. where do i start.
al shabaab, is a bunch young man-teenager- freakin toddlers age men with ak 47s, theyre origins n such i have not looked up. but they do A LOT OF DRUGS the rest after that is just questionable and elads me to believe this whole report is fabricated. THUS you should too.

ETA: after reading that site, it appears to be more over-fear mongering of the underpotential harm of muslims to the world in europe. europe loves that stuff, theyre just holding back the muslims from the christians and those two from the athiests, getting everyone riled the eff up having them all ready to explode on each other. this is depressing. truely.
edit on 1-8-2011 by Amassuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mentalistbee

I agree. Why on earth would they care about someone wearing a bra. And when was the last time you saw someone folk dancing, not sure what they even mean about that one. Sounds like a bunch of wackos to me.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZarbeMomin
i dont have a problem with banning on khat as its a drug

Hmm, well then coffee, tea, alcohol, aspirin, morphine, any sort of drug... you name it, you take it. Drugs you say.

but with football, a lot of people bet on the games and gambling is not allowed so they ban the game. same reason they banned people from watching the world cup

not sure what you mean by them being banned... but I listened to a footy player earlier today, could barely understand him from the "Umm yeah, nah yeah nah umm, yeah, so I was hit in the eye, nah yeah nah"...

Sure you have the problematic things in order? I am not sure.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

it's for their own good!

can't have boobies bouncing around, oh wait, you could if you could dance!

but noooooooooooooo!!

this sounds fake but i'm sure it's real.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
A ban on science and English, they say?

Well... isn't that convenient

Watch where you walk at night, people. The world is flat, you know.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
al shabaab are tiny. theyr nothing they cannot uphold any law whatsoever except for the lands they take. they are 3000-7000 people. they cannot hold back a whole goernment and enforce laws on 9 million people. keep in mind half of the group members are kids. is this a joke?

From words of a somali himself, who just came from ther

"bro girls are crazy there they all wanna *SNIP* i see no islam in that country what soever. these are fabrications and i am crying wolf here with this. this is all fabricated

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 8/1/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Amassuo

I don't understand the question...

Is what a joke?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
This makes me laugh so hard, but at the same time it's really sad. It seems like they're stuck in the medieval times, not keeping up to date with our modern societies and the knowledge/intelligence we have developed.

Ridiculous!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Hi,

I am not sure I understand it myself. There is nothing and I repeat: NOTHING fabricated in my post. - Well
atleast not fabricated by me.

And yes the list is long and odd but what does it surprice from people living in caves.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

ofcourse i do not mean you, there is no reason for you to fabricate anything. it is on the mass scale. Where you got this from is questionable.

Really its not a joke? wow. i need relay what i know to you guys then because im from africa ive been there a solid portion of my life, i know what its like there. ive had to hide in parts of the house with 7 diffferent locks on every door because of( and everytime) alqaed members spotted in the area, my cousins have been robbed of food, mattress, farm land,water you effing name it, they take. All at gun point. they arent even muslim these alqaed people. THEY ARE NOT. they are freaking monsters, delusional monsters. but all terrorist groups in african countries are small scale, although they are spotted within the community on a regular basis, they dont kill everyone they see and they dont enfore laws which they dont even follow themselves.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Estimates of al-Shabaab's size vary, but analysts generally agree that the group contains several thousand fighters, many of whom are from the Hawiye clan. The group has been able to expand its footprint in Somalia with relatively small numbers for two reasons: Somalia hasn't had a central government since 1991; and many of the clan warlords that filled the power vacuum have proven willing to cooperate with al-Shabaab, at least in Somalia's south. Al-Shabaab has engaged in forced recruitment among Somalis, so it's unclear how many members of the group truly believe the organization's ideology. Experts say the number of rank-and-file members is less important than the number of hardcore ideological believers, which could range between three hundred and eight hundred individuals.

www.cfr.org...

The whole country is a mess. Now, add the warlords into the mess and you have a nice little force for hire.

al-Shabaab may be small, with fighters into the thousands, but those thousands with AK-47's can do a lot of damage. Think about a group like that terrorising a US state, Canadian province or a country like Holland.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Hi,

I lived in Amsterdam before, and that statement made me smile a little.

Yes they are totally crazy all agreed, but still shouldnt "we" go and help the public? - They ban us from there country, but really is it REALLY there country? - I dont think so.

So who is with me in the statement that the U.S. and the European union should go down there and remove the bad guys?

Also, Nice to see a super moderator in my thread. Always nice when the "big" guys here at ATS is saying hallo to us smaller guys.

Thanks,

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Great points, ill leave you with this, picture the recoil on an ak47, now picture a skinny african trying to aim one, they are not elite fighters. however youre right they can be gathered together with other terrorists for bigger destruction and this should not be over looked what so ever

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join