Libya Rebels Overrun Other Libya Rebels Base

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
www.nypost.com...

BENGHAZI, Libya -- Clashes between rival rebel factions killed four people yesterday in the Libyan opposition stronghold of Benghazi, deepening the worst crisis for a movement whose military commander was killed Thursday, possibly by his own men.

Apparently, rebel group A overran rebel group B base because A "alleged" B released Gaddafi supporters from prison.

One rebel group overran another's base in retaliation for the other faction's alleged release of Moammar Khadafy supporters from prison, said Rebel Information Minister Mahmoud Shammam.

The main rebel force took control of al-Nidaa's base after five hours of fighting, two days following a suspected attack by al-Nidaa on two prisons in Benghazi. Some 200 to 300 inmates escaped.

Are the rebel forces starting to fall apart now? Their leader was assasinated only a few days ago. There was suspicion some group of the rebels killed their own leader, but im not sure if there have been any more updates on the assasination yet.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
not surprising really

did you know libya still apparently has over 600 planes they still havnt used in underground bunkers?

the question is why..

the libya conflict is an absolute failure IMHO

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
This just shows you the violent nature of the human species. Even if one conflict is handled or averted we will find something else to destroy or concur. It will never end until we completely destroy ourselves.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

It is like gangs being supported by external forces to control a nation, these gangs will eventually start attacking each other for control, because their ultimate agenda is control.

That being said, the situation reflects the reality on the ground. NATO support gangs, financed and armed them, and now they are turning against each other for the purpose of control.

This isn't about Democracy, because Libya has its own Democratic system, some claim to be much more efficient than the Western Representative Democracies.

Let the truth be known.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by confreak
reply to post by buni11687

It is like gangs being supported by external forces to control a nation, these gangs will eventually start attacking each other for control, because their ultimate agenda is control.

That being said, the situation reflects the reality on the ground. NATO support gangs, financed and armed them, and now they are turning against each other for the purpose of control.

This isn't about Democracy, because Libya has its own Democratic system, some claim to be much more efficient than the Western Representative Democracies.

Let the truth be known.

Just curious what democratic system is in place in Libya since it's illegal to form political parties opposed to Ghaddafi and results in televised or public executions of those individuals who try.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Libya, works on the committee system.

All Libyan citizens can apply to be voted into a committee.

It works something like this....

Say you wanted a new play park in your neighborhood.. You have a local committee who would decide if it was a good idea and can fund the expenditure. That would then go to the district committee, made up of all the voted leaders of the local committee's in that district and they would decide. From there it would go to the regional committee, made up of all the leaders of the district committee's in that region. for a play park, it would probably end there, but there are 2 levels higher, the Supreme committee and then the Family. (Gaddaffi)

Needless to say if accepted, the play park would get built about 2 years later, as all committee's are incredibly slow at making any decision.

The same committee model system works in Industry too.

Not only that, you have to take into account that in some arab and totalitarian governments, no-one likes to take responsibility for anything, because if it goes wrong, you not only get the blame, but you also lose your job, government house and status within society.. Thats if your lucky, in some you lose your freedom and or life too.

How do I know this.. Well I lived in Libya until 23rd Feb this year.
Read my ATS thread from Feb 2011

All quiet on the Libya front
edit on 1-8-2011 by Rock Ape because: (no reason given)
edit on 1-8-2011 by Rock Ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Firstly I doubt you're curious because I think I have told you this before, if I haven't, forgive me.

The reality is simple, political parties isn't a universal process of Democracy, with the way political parties are robbing Americans, some would argue it is only fair to ban them. Instead get people involved, to directly participate in the decision making of the government.

Notice Libya has over 2000 general people's committees, that's ultimately where all the decisions are made, by the people of Libya, and not by political parties, nor representatives who only take care of themselves by taking care of the rich and powerful.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
The truth is, the rebel commander who was killed a few days ago had been a member of Gadaffi's government. He was probably secular and merely wanted a democratic, secular state. Problem is, the US-backed Al Qaida faction wants to turn Libya into the next Sudan or Afghanistan (Taliban state) and as long as the oil keeps flowing the US government will be happy. So yeah, the general was just not in line with the program.

new topics
top topics

join