It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw UFO last night... opinions please?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
So, I'm not claiming ET.. but definitely UFO. My boyfriend, his son and I were coming home from a game at about 10:30pm last night and saw these lights in the sky. All of us were definitely confused. Now... I live in Utah - lots of mountains, so our first thought was ATVs or something coming down the mountain, but it didn't make sense because it was too close for the mountain, and the pattern they moved at and the color and size just didn't fit. Bare in mind I also live 20 min away from one of the largest AFBs in the country (Hill Air Force Base). I checked the news this morning to see if there was anything going on (even a fire, party.. anything) - absolutely nothing. Also, the angle of the lights didn't make sense because if they were on the mountain, it would be angled, up- but these were angled away. Which led me to believe it had to be flying. They didn't really move from that general location though. Basically hovering. At first, it was just a triangle of lights, then as we got closer, it turned into a three-demensional trapezoid. But it didn't stay that shape... eventually two of the lights got closer, and almost made a straight line. I just quick made a picture of what they looked like as they moved. I'm at a loss. This was in Bountiful, Utah

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/269c4cc174aa.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
and u have no pics at aLLL??

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowreborn89

I tried to get my boyfriend to pull over, but he wanted to get his son to bed. Hence the very basic picture I drew giving an idea. Plus it would have been just dots that looked exactly like that anyway...

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
At least you tried to give us something with your drawings.

Still I think it's too hard for me to even speculate what you saw.

I've had similar moments that have turned out to be lights of cars on distant roads etc. But you say you thought that also and you are convinced they were not.

I think with the lack of evidence to go on, the investigation of this lies with you. Perhaps take a wee trip back out another night and see what you get.

Cheers for bringing it in and for giving us your description.

Peace

SIB

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
There are 3 good reasons for not taking a picture when you see an UFO.

- It wasn't close enough / camera won't capture it.
- Fear.
- No camera.
edit on 1-8-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Generally yes you are right.

Enough I have seen of blurry oddities and coloured dots. I'd rather see no pic than another pointless blur of nothingness.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
what you describe and the graphical representations that you provided are consistent with videos that have been shown as UFO activity. so i'd be inclined to say that it was indeed UFO activity....however, not a huge believer in UFOs or aliens.

so maybe it was some experimental aircraft meneuvers from the air base near by. if they are experimenting with experimental aircraft, pretty sure they aren't going to splash it all over the news.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

How do you know that the light were "too close" to be on the mountain? Also, what do you mean by "angled away?" Perceptions of lights at night can often be confusing....

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by disownedsky
reply to post by CeeRZ

Perceptions of lights at night can often be confusing....

This is an absolute truth. Be ready, very ready to accept a very common answer for this or at least to come to terms with the fact that you'll never know what it was you saw. The human eye and the brain it is attached to is very fallible when observing points of light in a dark environment. Don't worry about not getting a photo, either. Even photos of said points of light at night are useless due to the immense lack of detail amateur night shots will provide.

It is very hard to get accurate dimensions at night especially while on the move. I have had fireflies that I swore nearly land on my face only to see that they are 10 ft away from me after a double take. Good night time observations need stillness and a lot of time to gauge these things well and even then you have to allow for a lot of error.

Aside from that, this sighting sounds a lot like what my mom and her family would see high over Lake Erie back in the 1950's.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Thanks all. Yeah, the only camera I would have had at the time was my cell phone, and like I said... would have looked just like the drawing anyway.. but blurry and dark. As for knowing it wasn't on the mountain, they were too close to be on the mountain. I even tried convincing my boyfriend to drive closer to them since they seemed to be just a street or two up (if they were on the mountain, they would have been about 2-3 miles out). And the size was too big to be lights from a vehicle. It almost looked like lights on a tall building. But there are no tall buildings where I am. But then again, as you guys say - night and lights can be warped. Only thing is all three of us thought the same thing. (grant, his son is 10.... and will agree with his dad no matter what)
I didn't see them again this last night, but I'll be looking again tonight. And I'll have my real camera - so I can get slightly less blurry night pictures

Maybe I'll just go with what most people end up saying about UFOs. Chinese Lanterns

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

Well, even Chinese lanterns have some solid characteristics and they could explain what you saw considering how close you perceived them to be, but that is up to you and how much you want to speculate about what it could be. Stick with the facts or let your imagination run wild...

Myself, I like to keep my feet planted firmly on the ground unless there is some kind of evidence that is worthy of lifting my conclusions higher than the mundane and it would have to be spectacular evidence to do that. And if you think about it, other peoples opinions really don't matter much because they didn't see it with you. All they can do is offer up different ways of rationalizing it after the fact. You know, it coulda been this or it coulda been that... Just depends on how much credence you give to the blitherings of a bunch of strangers on a forum

There are some here though that have their wits about them and are good critical thinkers both pro and con aliens visiting earth...

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Lost_Mind

Yes, which is precisely why I asked. I was racking my brain for something that could do that, and never came up with anything. So.. today, broad daylight, I decided to look at the mountain. About where the lights were, I can't really say anything would make sense. No trails. - However.. the only thing to debunk my own theory of it being airborne is the major "Apex Expansion Project" (pipeline) being built right through the mountains directly through my city. There have been chinook helicopters flying up pipes - but only in the daytime. Maybe what I saw was in relation to that. Meh - guess I'm over it now.

This is the Chinnok helicopter they've been using

And the scar on the mountain (if youre interested)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

Maybe some non-flight night work being done mebbe? I don't think they would be slinging pipe at night either, hell its dangerous in full daylight.

Good to see you question your own theories deeply like that, rare around here. First step to the truth is to question everything you think...

new topics

top topics

join