It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prediction: Anonymous is going to be co-opted by the "left wing."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Anyone remember the early days of the Tea Party, when they were "neither left nor right?" I do! It was great! I thought it was the first truly organic third-party option to arise in decades. I was very excited. Until Sara Palin and Beck and all the other neocon shills started showing up at the rallies and claiming leadership without being asked!

Now the Tea Party is completely identified with the conservatives/right wing. NOBODY with a straight face would claim you could be leftist and part of the Tea Party today. Although at the beginning of the movement you could, in fact, claim this. Funny how easy it is to forget...

Now I think Anonymous will be subjected to the same pressure. Forces will emerge that will co-opt it. And I predict these are the forces of the left. It might not call itself that (just as Tea Partiers bridle at being labled Repubs) but that, in fact, is what it will be.

I realize Anonymous is not currently leftist. I realize it is "beyond definintion" and I am aware of the rather forced and tedious Zen-paradox-like routine that emerges in the face of any attempt to define Anonymous. Please spare me all that, I'm well aware of it.

I'm not saying this is the way it is now...but that this is the way it will become. In one or two years. Just you wait.

Same way the Tea Party was co-opted on the right...the left is coming for you Anon. Expect them.

edit on 1-8-2011 by Partygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
do u see V for Vendetta?it's full of rose....

edit on 1-8-2011 by Granito because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Granito
do u see V for Vendetta?it's full of rose....

edit on 1-8-2011 by Granito because: (no reason given)

Are you asking me "have I ever seen that movie?" If so, the answer is "yes."

Are you asking me "do you expect Anon to follow that road?" If so, the answer is: "No, I expect them to be co-opted and tamed by the left and you will start to see a bunch of Fawkes masks at Planned Parenthood rallies or NOW rallies or all the other pet causes of the left and it will come to be associated with that. The more free-thinking Anons will bail and adopt a different meme and Anon will become a puppet-like shadow of its former self."
edit on 1-8-2011 by Partygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: Then I should be safe in the center and let the fringe dwellers fight amongst themselves!

P.S. Im slightly left or right of center, so I orbit a bit! Those to far right should get out of politics because they are about being a 100% individual and should have ZERO cares for the rest of us [pssst even if they do care they should be self suffiecient enough to go on ignoring the rest of us anyway] and those to the far left should also get out of politics as there are no leaders amongst them and its mob rule as normal!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

You know, I commented on this the other day and brought up the same situation with the Tea Party. What a damn shame btw. At any rate, due to the nature of Anonymous, any attempt to co-opt it will fail. I guarantee it. It's the very nature of Anonymous itself that doesn't lend itself to these actions by others. I would even bet my last dollar that were any political party to attempt this, Anonymous would make them regret the day they were born.

I'm Libertarian (I know, isn't everyone on here? lol) and my view on Anon is that they're strict Constitutionalists whose views are in line with mine. But of course, Anonymous is everyone. All of us.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Thanks guys.

So what do you think is it happening?

I think it is, I'm already starting to see the word "anarchism" tossed around in connection with anon and to me that word reeks of leftism.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
i thought they were already left... Actually how can something like Anonynous be highjacked?
By it's definition it is Anonymous. Some are left - some are right - some don't give a damn - It's me and you and him/her..

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by trika3000
i thought they were already left... Actually how can something like Anonynous be highjacked?
By it's definition it is Anonymous. Some are left - some are right - some don't give a damn - It's me and you and him/her..

Look at what you wrote. Brilliant example of doublethink. In the first sentence the "deed has already been done" while in the next sentence simulatenously the deed is undoable.

This is exactly how it will happen.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

The "left" thing was a joke, rectified by the following word, "Actually". As in i'm gonna say something not true (funny), but "Actually" the following is gonna be true (serious). i write in a very light heaarted manner which can be lost in the writing, especially if you don't know me (but i don't really care, everything is a game).

The next thing i write will be true.
The last thing i wrote was false.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by trika3000

Ok gotcha.

I wouldn't argue with you that Anon is currently politically undefinable.

What I claim is that in the future this will cease to be. Probably nearer future than most people imagine.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

It might become something or should i say, something might become Anonymous. But the idea of Anonymous has existed prior to the internet and still does. The script kids and hackers are just the guys and gals who do that sort of thing. The satellites are still out doing their thing. A sorta false Anonymous might rise up but a pariah or lower Anonymous will never go away or be beaten, this i am positive of. Anonymous is not a group, it is an idea. That idea has been around for a very long time and will continue as far as needs be. It hasn't been hijacked in in over 400 (or some say 2000) years...
Of course there will always be the miconceptions and asumptions, but never by true members (oh, wait there can't be members if it isn't a group)... Oh BTW, i'm not Anon as i am unmasked.
edit on 3-8-2011 by trika3000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I think this scenario is pretty outlandish, and here's why:

What is there for Anonymous to gain by allowing itself to be co-opted by ANYONE? I don't get the impression that Anonymous is just itching to be used as anyone's political tool or for anyone's political goals except it's own.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil
I think this scenario is pretty outlandish, and here's why:

What is there for Anonymous to gain by allowing itself to be co-opted by ANYONE? I don't get the impression that Anonymous is just itching to be used as anyone's political tool or for anyone's political goals except it's own.

They aren't "itching" and there is nothing to gain for them. Somebody will do it to exploit them...just like the neocon shills have harvested and exploited the once-honest energy of the Tea Party movement.

Anon will be a tougher nut to crack and it may take a while...but they will get there. Remember, they have rooms full of psychologists and advertising execs working round the clock on just this sort of thing, plus billions of dollars to throw at the problem.
edit on 3-8-2011 by Partygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

neocon shills have harvested and exploited the once-honest energy of the Tea Party movement.

Trevor Leech started the "Tea Party" for Young Americans for Liberty. They latched onto some Ron Paul supporters ideas when they commeorated a protest of the FED on the day anniversary of the Boston Tea party. Since then it's been glommed onto by everyright wing neo-con. It never was grass-roots or open to anybodies involvement other than butts in chairs and hands holding signs. And their messages have been disngenuous to say the least.

Anon will be a tougher nut to crack and it may take a while...but they will get there. Remember, they have rooms full of psychologists and advertising execs working round the clock on just this sort of thing, plus billions of dollars to throw at the problem

Anonymous is not a group it is an idea... Other than accepting the idea (marketing might do that) you can't fight it. It's like swinging at phantoms. Sure they'll knock down a kid here and there, but that kid will know what She/He's done, and She/He'll be proud.
edit on 3-8-2011 by trika3000 because: can write weller

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl

They aren't "itching" and there is nothing to gain for them. Somebody will do it to exploit them...just like the neocon shills have harvested and exploited the once-honest energy of the Tea Party movement.

Anon will be a tougher nut to crack and it may take a while...but they will get there. Remember, they have rooms full of psychologists and advertising execs working round the clock on just this sort of thing, plus billions of dollars to throw at the problem.
edit on 3-8-2011 by Partygirl because: (no reason given)

I think you're severely under-estimating Anonymous when you imply that they would allow themselves to be exploited by anyone for political gain.

Even then, if these rooms full of advertising exec and psychologists DID manage to convince Anonymous to go along with some sort of attack based on someone's political agenda, I certainly wouldn't want to be on the receiving end once the deception was uncovered by Anonymous (and I am pretty sure it would be, eventually).

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Anonymous actually does have some leadership, as in at least a council. I think it fragmented or something a year or two ago. Locally for me 2-3 years ago Anon was just all about targetting scientology. It just seemed like a thing for lamers, hackers, kids and faux-activists to take on board. The 'true' Anon of masses of disenfranchised peoples, WITHOUT leadership, can not really do much, considering it takes some leadership to get organised. Not to mention any leadership would then provide an option for co-opting, corruption etc. However the 'false' Anon is already like this, a council, deciding what to do with *some* 'democratic' process among these few 'anon elites'. It's just like a big random think tank.. unless someone leads and says 'let us move this way..'

I assume that since the beginning, it was just another disinfo tool. Anon will do nothing to expose blacker than black budgets. Anon will not stop wars. Anon will not inform anyone of anything of much importance. Anon WILL waste peoples time protesting outside scientology centres (and thereby getting those protesters on scientology hate lists). Anon will be co-opted if not from day 0. Anon will be misused or misdirected by either a psychopath or elite agenda.

Power corrupts absolute power corrupts absolutely. End of story..

The psychopathic 5% of humanity are very good at spreading into all areas and fields of our societies. They will want to use Anon for their own purposes soon - if it was not them that actually created it in its first modern incarnation.

While privacy is so important and rare now, I think it would be more important everyone took their masks off and stood up and marched together. Good old fashioned activism. So we could weed out the black block undercover cops for one thing.

The last protest in Melbourne that made any difference to at least the way people thought.. was September 11th, 2000, S11 WTO protests over 3 days. Since then, the activist movement has been downhill.

Everything happens for a reason - Anon are no different, they are controlled well.

It is the random mutation of events and interactions that is the true enemy to the decaying status quo. It is people openly discussing things on facebook and consensus being found among multitudes of people that will help evolve peoples' thinking and promote emotional, spiritual and intellectual growth.

Without an awakening of AWARENESS and TRANSPARENCY - not an embrace of opacity, with which we will triumph as a species. The dark opaque masks will only hide those wishing to use these movements for their own ends.

I just wish EVERYONE in the world decided tomorrow to start wearing veils/ hijabs etc.. that would be a start for privacy! I'd feel more comfortable in my hoody too! So i'm not against people wearing masks while rioting etc..! And I do think it would be great if we were *ALLOWED* to cover our faces without suspicion.. ie hijab women are ok but if I wear my ninja mask I am something dodgy lol.. criminal at least it would be assumed. I would like to wear a nice gas mask walking down the street, to filter out chemtrail residues and general smog/smoke too. But I would be instantly targetted as I would not be normal enough.

So in that sense I like masks.. I think we should all own those LED hats that make infra-red cameras flare out your face on nightvision cameras.. but for our voices to be heard and counted, I think we should be all unmasked. It is more dangerous. But what would the great activists be without their identities? Aung San Suu Kyi without her identity?? I could not imagine any effect if she wore a mask..

Imagine if we never knew Nelson Mandela's face?

I don't think the impact these people have made would have been anywhere nearly so significant if they were masked!!
edit on 13-8-2011 by lastninja because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Good point. I also thought the Tea Party might be a good thing until a few highly visible friggin morons took over.

Both Anonymous and the Tea Party are libertarian in my opinion, which isn't necessarily left or right. But I agree, the Tea Party has gone right and Anonymous will be (or already is as far as I can tell) obviously left.

One of the many problems with Anonymous is that anyone can put on a mask (or just use the logo and images released previously) and make a video with Microsoft Sam or whatever and upload it to the internets. The only thing I find funny about this situation is that it might be a false flag that accidentally starts a revolution.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a·non·y·mous/əˈnänəməs/Adjective
1. (of a person) Not identified by name; of unknown name.
2. Having no outstanding, individual, or unusual features; unremarkable or impersonal.

Anybody that has ever spoken or acted while concealing their identity did it under anonymity. Be is political dissenters in China, masked protesters, religious promoters and or dissenters, hackers, or even someone that merely thought what they had to say or do or just for giggles, did and said something under anonymity.

Someone speaking or acting in anonymity in this case can be far left, far right, or any other flavor of the political spectrum would not define anonymity, it's not a noun.

In summary, are as likely to get neonazis posting under Anonymous as you are anarchists, there is no Anonymous proper to be high jacked by any formal political party.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Annon what the hell do they stand for? I'm a member of a small(50 members) RC car forum,someone claiming to be from Annon hacked our site and wiped the whole thing,luckily the site owner was able to get most of it back,
This was left in the chat-box that was not wiped-
" Chemo La Schyuh: Anonymous has taken your board. More ZB boards to come!"
they also left an email addy, [email protected]
WTF is hacking a small hobby forum going to achieve? are the secrets (sarcasm) of rc cars going to shown on wikileaks?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
A simple answer

We will never rally any political wing.

Once each sides of political party decide to play the game with us, we just leave and as usual change our tactics.

Your main mistake is to consider us as a bunch of kids.

We know how to manipulate the medias opinions.

And it work perfectly

Think twice before saying we're kids, because kids are cruels

We are legion

And masks are for a reason

top topics

join