It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Instant Global Reactions to Debt Deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Full text of the president's remarks
www.politico.com...

Crude Climbs After Obama Says Congressional Leaders Agree Debt-Limit Deal

Oil advanced from a two-week low in New York after President Barack Obama said leaders of both parties in the U.S. House and Senate approved a deal to raise the nation’s debt ceiling, stoking optimism over the economic recovery in the world’s biggest crude-consuming nation.

www.bloomberg.com...

Nikkei surges above 10,000 after US debt deal

TOKYO, Aug 1 (Reuters) - The Nikkei average surged as much
as 2 percent on Monday, climbing back above 10,000 for the first
time in three days on short-covering and futures-led buying
after top U.S. lawmakers reached an agreement to reduce the
deficit and avoid a default.

uk.reuters.com...

HSBC to sell 195 NY bank branches for $1 billion

HSBC said Sunday it will sell 195 retail bank branches, most located in upstate New York, to First Niagara Bank in a deal worth about $1 billion.

www.businessweek.com...

U.S. lawmakers reach into the past on budget deal

(Reuters) - U.S. lawmakers reached into the past to find a way to enforce future budget cuts called for in the deal to raise the nation's $14.3 trillion debt limit, but history shows these enforcement mechanisms do not always work.

www.reuters.com...

Stocks likely to open sharply higher on debt deal
The Dow is looking at opening up at least 160 points on hopes a US default is averted. Japanese and Asian stocks soar. The big question: Will the deal actually hold the economy back?
money.msn.com...

Asian Stocks Rise as Obama Says U.S. Lawmakers Agree to Break Debt Impasse

Asian stocks rose the most in over two months after U.S. President Barack Obama said congressional leaders reached an agreement to raise the nation’s debt ceiling and cut the federal deficit, boosting the outlook for banks and exporters.

www.bloomberg.com...

Maybe we should watch this a little closer
South Korea Inflation Accelerates to 4-Month High

South Korea’s inflation accelerated to a four-month high in July and exports grew at a quicker pace, putting pressure on the central bank to raise interest rates.

www.bloomberg.com...
edit on 1-8-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
SOOOO convenient! This "deal" happened to conveniently be announced exactly prior to the asian markets opening on the first of August (a Monday for them as well)...Keep in mind people that this is a merely speculative agreement between two leaders of the supposed parties that are supposedly in charge. Both the house and the senate are now to vote on this supposed (politically based) "agreement."

Just like the "Team of six," hmmmm...

WAIT FOR IT! Before you jump into propogandically induced conclusions.

Thanks...

I call severe BS! And yes... I trust my gut

edit on 8/1/2011 by forall2see because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
this is just outright thief on insider trading. They knew that the debt ceiling was going to be raised we all did. They are dealing their own cards they probably bet against the market during the talks then changed today. We need to start linking politicians with the companies they own or are heavily invested in. I have a feeling a lot of false or fake overseas companies made a killing. I have this strange feeling soon this stuff will get leaked

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf
this is just outright thief on insider trading. They knew that the debt ceiling was going to be raised we all did. They are dealing their own cards they probably bet against the market during the talks then changed today. We need to start linking politicians with the companies they own or are heavily invested in. I have a feeling a lot of false or fake overseas companies made a killing. I have this strange feeling soon this stuff will get leaked

I can link almost all of them to the Rothschild Family Investments and the Rothschild Bank is connected to the central banks of the U.S., Russia, China, England, European Central Bank, India, Etc.

It's all to manipulate Power. IMO

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Whoever thinks this deal is sealed is a dumb ass.It hasn't passed, party on like it's 1929 fools.Bit premature isn't it? Even if it does, a credit rating down grade would undo the whole thing.That should wipe the smiles of a few faces

edit on 1-8-2011 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I have a strong feeling the bill won't pass the vote...

Nothing is over 'till is over (didn't heard also the fat lady sing...)

If US will default (and i beleive it will)...and start having real issues at home...and triggering nasty effects in Europe...could you see in forseable future a better timing for someone (insert China) to start making big moves around (Spratlyss archipelago or Taiwan) ?

I see something like this :

US defaults > EU PIIGS defaults > markets go beserk on fire sales > NATO (US and EU) having major revolts >
US and EU economies drop sharply...all of those will have the NATO countries handfull with domestic issues.

Why wouldn't be China profit of this and get Taiwan and all oil and gas reserves they consider theirs?
Add flare ups in Pak-India, Israel-whoever...and US + NATO can't do # about (well, except a world war) because they waaaaaaaay to screwed up after a US default?

The fact that Obama spited some words..means nothing.

I think the bill will NOT pass the vote (most likely in the House), and S will HTF.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I am so freakin' sick of our "representatives" in Washington D.C. ignoring the people they're suppose to be representing. It's as if they think they represent their own interests. We need to remove these men/women from office - forcefully if we must. We cannot tolerate these actions! With every stroke of the pen, liberty dies. Why do we stand idle while these scum bags wreak havoc on the future of this nation and planet.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
That picture portrays Obama perfectly. Lots of great posturing, stern look on his face, awesome Captain Hype costume, and obviously no... huevos.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DamaSan

I would imagine Obama tucked his "huevos" ......... afterall the tea party has been nipping away on a daily basis. Mc Connell offered his after the elections, they've had Boehnors in a deathgrip for weeks, Eric Cantor hasn't got any, so if I was the Prez I'd tuck mine too.

new topics

top topics

join