It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil and the future!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Oil, How precious this martial is, we use it for all things, from plastic to making our cars go, but how much is left and what are we doing about it?

Recently calculations Suggest that we have only 47.5 years of Oil left, I will be in my 70�S, I don�t know about you, but that kinda worries me, what technologies are out there to stop us being dependent on Oil (or mid east oil) If every car had hydrogen fuel cells then that would keep our Oil usage down, but what about plastic? (We use plastic for everything from pens. Computers, phones, etc etc) does this worry anyone else?

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrtworthy
Recently calculations Suggest that we have only 47.5 years of Oil left..., I don�t know about you, but that kinda worries me, what technologies are out there to stop us being dependent on Oil (or mid east oil) If every car had hydrogen fuel cells then that would keep our Oil usage down, but what about plastic? (We use plastic for everything from pens. Computers, phones, etc etc) does this worry anyone else?

Actually recent studies have suggested we have about 20 year of cheap oil left and thats an optimistic estimate. Allthough there are many wildcards out there I suggest you do some more research on the topic. There is a wealth of info on ATS about this very subject and you will find out that a good many people a very worried about where we are going.

Here are some links to get you started.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

join