It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kent State VS. Libya Uprising...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Our Gov't Supports an uprising in Libya, (and other countries), but kills student demonstrators on an Ohio campus.

I know that Kent State is old news but it is one of the better references of many I could use for this thread. (There are MANY more).

The burst of gunfire came about 20 minutes after the guardsmen broke up a noon rally on the Commons, a grassy campus gathering spot, by lobbing tear gas at a crowd of about 1,000 young people.

We give money and arms to rebels who think their Gov't has gone overboard,(and we bomb the HELL outta them), So that we can help them out of the oppression that they are living with.

In Columbus, Sylvester Del Corso, Adjutant General of the Ohio National Guard, said in a statement that the crowd began to move to encircle the guardsmen and the guardsmen had been forced to shoot after a sniper opened fire against the troops from a nearby rooftop. This reporter, who was with the group of students, did not see any indication of sniper fire, nor was the sound of any gunfire audible before the Guard volley. Students, conceding that rocks had been thrown, heatedly denied that there was any sniper..

There are MANY instances where we have tried to stand up for our rights, Yet were beaten down.

So my question is,,, Why does our Gov't Oppress Us from OUR freedom of speech, and want of change, But back other countries when they want change????

It just Pisses Me Off that the U.S. is so eager to help everyone out of oppression but us!!!!

(I would have tossed some links in there about U.S. VS> Libya but I'm sure you already know).

When we FINALLY get the balls to stand up to our Gov't,,,,I hope that we as a people will be as brave as those in other countries who are fighting for what is right.

What do you think would happen here if WE did what those rebels are doing????

We would be mowed down by our Gov't.

I will not be a (Sheeple). Say It Out Loud!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Twisted1

Well stated. I think it is all a means to an end. Its about furthering the interests of those who set the agenda. Obviously, an uprising in Libya was condusive to those plans, and a student protest at Kent State was not. Although there certainly are complexities to each situation, this is an oversimplification for persepective's sake.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Nathwa

I do not believe this an oversimplification. It is a fact that our Gov't will try to hold us back at all costs, yet tell us that all our taxes and American lives are going for the freedom of these people and us.

They say it is for a better World.

I want a better World,,,,,But if you are giving the lives of our people, the money of our country, and the stability of our future away,,,,Should you not take care of our problems first????

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
We are going to have to send you to the re-education camp.

How dare you think logically.

Why are you not being fooled by the MSM lies, citizen ?

Please increase your dosage of cooperate kool-aid.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

The people that "run" this country, i.e. politicians, businessmen, etc., do not act in the best interests of the people. They answer to a higher authority, and that is the nature of the beast. At least that is the way that I look at it.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by brokedown
We are going to have to send you to the re-education camp.

How dare you think logically.

Why are you not being fooled by the MSM lies, citizen ?

Please increase your dosage of cooperate kool-aid.

Outta Kool-aid. Sorry.... Would YOU be willing to stand in the streets in defiance of our Gov't rule????
(For what you believe is right)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nathwa

The people that "run" this country, i.e. politicians, businessmen, etc., do not act in the best interests of the people. They answer to a higher authority, and that is the nature of the beast. At least that is the way that I look at it.

I am sorry to hear a reply like yours. You appear to go along with the status quo. Your life will never change. you will be ruled all of your life. Is that what you want????
edit on 31-7-2011 by Twisted1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I'm just asking,,,Why does our Gov't try to protect other countries from bad politics while they impose their rules down our throats???? If we rebelled,,, would some other country come to save us??? I highly doubt it!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

No its not what I want. I do not want to be a thrall. However, timing is everything. I am in no position to pick a fight with the beast right now.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I think what needs to be realized here is that the United States Federal Government, never, EVER, stands up for the rights of the people. Since the Civil War and the death of Lincoln, there has not been a President not manipulated or the use of force in order to protect the people.

Time and time again, the Government has shown that it would rather fight wars to "protect the civilian populations", than to protect its own citizens.

Go back a hundred years and look at the coal miner strikes in West Virginia. or the Pullman strikes. Or Kent State.

new topics

top topics

join