It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Algebra and the Alphabet ... NAMES! (Sin, Cos & Tan)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I have been OCD with letters and numbers for ages now
BUT... I have discovered something quite remarkable:

The name Andrew is mathematically correct using algebra. For example:

The English Alphabet is A - Z and numbers are given 1 - 26...

14 18 23
_A N D R E W_
1 4 5

I have worked it out with other names but very few are mathematically correct. Andrew is a very special name IMO.

Using my first name...

1 1 9
N A T A L I E
14 20 12 5

It is not aligned with algebra.

How astonishing! What is the calculus of that occuring?

OMG I just had an afterthought.... is this what it could mean... born into sin?

edit on 31-7-2011 by Thurisaz because: format

edit on 31-7-2011 by Thurisaz because: after thought addition

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I don't get it.

Explain?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

a = 1
b = 2
c = 3
d = 4

etc....

A-Z (1-26)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
There has been some Numerology discussions before, how ever I think it is just a matter of synchronicity. How ever others feel it is more than that and has a real influence on life factors. Much like astrology.

What Your Name Means

This is what I got;

There are 22 letters in your name.
Those 22 letters total to 88
There are 9 vowels and 13 consonants in your name.

What your first name means:
Hebrew Male Jehovah is generous. Jehovah saves. In the Old Testament, Joshua was chosen to succeed Moses as leader of the Israelites for their journey to the Promised Land.
Biblical Male A savior; a deliverer

Your number is: 7

The characteristics of #7 are: Analysis, understanding, knowledge, awareness, studious, meditating.

The expression or destiny for #7:
Thought, analysis, introspection, and seclusiveness are all characteristics of the expression number 7. The hallmark of the number 7 is a good mind, and especially good at searching out and finding the truth. You are so very capable of analyzing, judging and discriminating, that very little ever escapes your observation and deep understanding. You are the type of person that can really get involved in a search for wisdom or hidden truths, often becoming an authority on whatever it is your are focusing on. This can easily be of a technical or scientific nature, or it may be religious or occult, it matters very little, you pursue knowledge with the same sort of vigor. You can make a very fine teacher, or because of a natural inclination toward the spiritual, you may become deeply emerged in religious affairs or even psychic explorations. You tend to operate on a rather different wavelength, and many of your friends may not really know you very well. The positive aspects of the 7 expression are that you can be a true perfectionist in a very positive sense of the word. You are very logical, and usually employ a quite rational approach to most things you do. You can be so rational at times that you almost seem to lack emotion, and when you are faced with an emotional situation, you may have a bit of a problem coping with it. You have excellent capabilities to study and learn really deep and difficult subjects, and to search for hidden fundamentals. At full maturity you are likely to be a very peaceful and poised individual.

If there is an over supply of the number 7 in your makeup, the negative aspects of the number may be apparent. The chief negative of 7 relates to the limited degree of trust that you may have in people. A tendency to be highly introverted can make you a bit on the self-centered side, certainly very much self-contained . Because of this, you are not very adaptable, and you may tend to be overly critical and intolerant. You really like to work alone, at your own pace and in your own way. You neither show or understand emotions very well.

Your Soul Urge number is: 5

A Soul Urge number of 5 means:
The 5 soul urge or motivation would like to follow a life of freedom, excitement, adventure and unexpected happening. The idea of travel and freedom to roam intrigues you. You are very much the adventurer at heart. Not particularly concerned about your future or about getting ahead, you can seem superficial and unmotivated.

In a positive sense, the energies of the number 5 make you very adaptable and versatile. You have a natural resourcefulness and enthusiasm that may mark you as a progressive with a good mind and active imagination. You seem to have a natural inclination to be a pace-setter. You are attracted to the unusual and the fast paced.

You may be overly restless and impatient at times. You may dislike the routine work that you are engaged in, and tend to jump from activity to activity, without ever finishing anything. You may have difficulty with responsibility. You don't want to be tied down to a relationship, and it may be hard to commit to one person.

Your Inner Dream number is: 11

An Inner Dream number of 11 means:
You dream of casting the light of illumination; of being the true idealist. You secretly believe there is more to life than we can know or prove, and you would like to be provider of the 'word' from on high.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I understand that. What I do not get is the placement of your numbers. What makes the names mathematically correct?

I get the zig zag thingy, but the mathematically correct thing I am missing..lol.
edit on 31-7-2011 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

thx but do they flow on like an algebra sequence?

numerology adds up the letter/number value and the total has meanings... I was astounded to see the algebra sequence and correlation of the name Andrew.

it is quite interesting...but I would be interested to see how many names actually correlate to algebra...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

The English Alphabet is A - Z and numbers are given 1 - 26...

I totally understand how this part works

The name Andrew is mathematically correct using algebra.

algebra? mathmatically correct?
Totally baffled

Math was confusing before....

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
I understand that. What I do not get is the placement of your numbers. What makes the names mathematically correct?
edit on 31-7-2011 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

ok...
_a1 (n14 d4 r18 e5 w23) _

starting with n 14 + 4 = 18 + 5 = 23

we have to start with n because the other number is missing....

If I were to use the formula the next letter before the a would be 13 and so on. The score would be 26 so I use an underscore if the number is greater than 26.

I made an entire sentence doing this.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

ok what is your first name... I will work it out for you in the hope to explain.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
With my first name being Andrew, I found this very interesting.
Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by assclown1

your welcome!

it is even more interesting when you set it out with 2 lines, for eg:

top line is 14 18 23

bottom line is 1 4 5

now bottom line equates also... 1 + 4 = 5 If I continue the formula it is remarkable...
4 + 5 = 9 so there will be a space then the sequence will be 1 4 5 9

the last number is 23 to find the next number, I would follow the sequence so that 23 + 9 = 32 ...

what does 14 + 18 = 32

it is fantastic... 32 is over 26 so I must subtract 26 from 32 which equals 6

_a n d r e w - if

and so on...

edit on 31-7-2011 by Thurisaz because: formatting

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
What about the name, Angel

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by angelmass

well lets look at the letters
A N G E L

Numbers

1 14 7 5 12

1 ( 14+ 7 = 21)

N + G = U and it would need to equal E not U so the word or name ANGEL is not in the algebra sequence...

it might still equate but it would be more complex algebra....

cheers

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Using the above link on name meanings:

There are 8 letters in your name.
Those 8 letters total to 37
There are 2 vowels and 6 consonants in your name.

What your first name means:
Irish Male Kingly. Famous Bearer: American actor Ryan O'Neal.
Gaelic Male Little king.

Your number is: 1

The characteristics of #1 are: Initiating action, pioneering, leading, independent, attaining, individual.

The expression or destiny for #1:
A number 1 Expression denotes the skilled executive with keen administrative capabilities. You must develop the capacity to be a fine leader, sales executive, or promoter. You have the tools to become an original person with a creative approach to problem solving, and a penchant for initiating action. Someone may have to follow behind you to handle the details, but you know how to get things going and make things happen. You have a good mind and the ability to use it for your advancement. Because of these factors, you have much potential for achievement and financial rewards. Frequently, this expression belongs to one running a business or striving to achieve a level of accomplishment on ones talents and efforts. You have little need for much supervision, preferring to act on your own with little restraint. You are both ambitious and determined. Self-confident and self-reliant must be yours, as you develop a strong unyielding will and the courage of your convictions.

Although you fear loneliness, you want to be left alone. You fear routine and being in a rut. You often jump the gun because you are afraid of being left behind.

The negative attributes of the 1 Expression are egotism and a self-centered approach to life. This is an aggressive number and if it is over-emphasized it is very hard to live with. You do not have to be overly aggressive to fulfill your destiny. The 1 has a natural instinct to dominate and to be the boss; adhering to the concept of being number One. Again, you do not have to dominate and destroy in order to lead and manage.

Your Soul Urge number is: 2

A Soul Urge number of 2 means:
With the Soul Urge number 2, your motivation is centered on friendships, partnerships, and companionship. You want to work with others as a part of a cooperative team. Leadership is not important to you, but making a contribution to the team effort is. You are willing to work hard to achieve a harmonious environment with sensitive, genial people.

In a positive sense, the 2 Soul Urge is sympathetic, extremely concerned and devoted. The nature tends to be very sensitive to others, always tactful and diplomatic. This element in your nature indicates that you are rather emotional. You are persuasive, but in a very quiet way, never forceful. You are the type that makes really close friendships because you are so affectionate and loving.

If this number is over-emphasized in your makeup, you may be over-sensitive, with a delicate ego that is too easily hurt. You may be timid or fearful, too easygoing for your own good.

Your Inner Dream number is: 8

An Inner Dream number of 8 means:
You dream of success in the business or political world, of power and control of large material endeavors. You crave authority and recognition of executive skills. Your secret self may have very strong desire to become an entrepreneur.

----------------------------------------

I am of Irish decent and I was apparently named after Ryan O'Neal.....spooky

edit on 1/8/11 by Lucifer84 because: to edit spelling

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
What Your Name Means

What do they base the information from?

reply to post by Lucifer84

intriguing to say the least... but again, that is numerology.

mine is based on Maths...

If your name is Ryan then that would be:
R Y A N
18, 25, 1, 14

it doesn't flow in an algebra sequence...like Andrew does, unless I start applying a more complex math.

edit on 1-8-2011 by Thurisaz because: add words

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Last night I tried some complex algebra..ended up being more like calculus...

I used various names, one for example RICHARD...anyway, simple algebra did not work but complex did.

Using square root etc it corresponded mathematically. But from that...I considered that perhaps everything with a number value could actually equate mathematically...in one way or the other...so my OCD with maths is finished and now I need something else to occupy my mind!!

LOL

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Happy 4 year ATS anniversary!

Here's to 4 more years and many more!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AstroBuzz

omg I didn't even see that!!
thx for telling me!!

new topics