It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

" War And Peace " 1967- Russian Version...The Greatest Movie Ever Made

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
this eight hour and twenty seven minute movie has to be seen [in widescreen] to be believed! sergei bondarchuk adapted the tolstoy book,has the lead role and directed this awesome recreation of napoleons invasion of russia.the link i posted describes a lot of trivia about this movie, but seeing is believing.no hollywood epic compares to the vast panoramic battle scenes, one of which "the battle of borodino" is almost an hour long! parts of which were filmed from inside airplanes and helicopters to show "birds eye views" of these brutal scenes in combination with the beautifully filmed intimate moments that are projected throughout,contain colors and sounds of unequalled majesty.along with the"burning of moscow",slow motion/real time cavalry charges,time lapse images,montages and lots of "real snow".the characters that survive through the whole movie "actually" age five years! the actress who portrays natasha when the movie begins, is around fifteen years old and when the movie is over she is twenty years old! this russian version of "war and peace" is never in any of the great film books that i have read and its never even mentioned in anyones best films lists...why?...my guess is its because of left over cold war paranoia and extreme jealousy from hollywood.this movie is all the more incredible for being accomplished without computer aide.it won the "academy award" for "best foreign film" ,but wether or not a movie wins an academy award is no way to judge a films greatness.how sergei bondarchuk was able to keep this production together for so many years and not have it come crashing down around him is an incredible accomplishment in itself ! [please dont confuse this russian masterpiece with the inferior hollywood version from 1956, theres no comparison]...roger ebert said that this movie "will never be equalled" and i will stand firm and say that this movie is, "the single greatest achievement in the history of motion pictures"

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

www.google.com...://i51.tinypic.com/2a78tu1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.filmspotting.net/forum/index.php%3Ftopic%3D9474.0&usg=__v1 lFVAOkAxj0J1LFmIftaJHFj_E=&h=280&w=640&sz=54&hl=en&start=3&zoom=1&tbnid=3SSKawENwaSW5M:&tbnh=65&tbnw=148&ei=C_41Tp_VCKfl0QHXy8zuCw&prev=/search%3Fq%3D war%2Band%2Bpeace%2B1967%2Bmovie%2Bbattle%2Bscenes%26tbnh%3D73%26tbnw%3D165%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us%26biw%3D1024%26bih %3D571%26tbs%3Dsimg:CAESEgkz0N6zg0VrcSFXxGg4aJKKGQ%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=375&vpy=136&dur=406&hovh=148&hovw=340&tx=151&ty=92&page=1&ved= 1t:722,r:2,s:0&biw=1024&bih=571 this image, although its blurred and the clearest one that i could find,gives you an idea of the panoramic vastness of this film

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Excellent! Always love a great film. I have heard of this version, but never followed up on watching it. I will this time!

The film took 7 years to produce and cost over $100 million. If inflation is taken into account, a film of this magnitude would cost over $700 million today, making War and Peace the most expensive film ever made.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

www.google.com...:en-us&biw=1024&bih=571&tbm=isch&tbnid=M9Des4NF a3EEVM:&imgrefurl=http://ishootthepictures.blogspot.com/2011/02/war-and-peace-1967-tspdt-926-part-iii.html&docid=V8RoOGiSihncdM&w=576&h=256&ei=7P41TpK MLYjdgQfC6onsBQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=203&page=2&tbnh=73&tbnw=165&start=15&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:15&tx=93&ty=41 the last image i posted didnt come out? did this one? if not, i wont keep trying to link any more images

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wrathofall

nice!...you wont be dissapointed...the widescreen "rusico" remastered version is the one to see

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Heres links showing dozens of still images from War And Peace-1967,which is,imo,the single greatest achievement in the history of motion pictures...

Part-1 > alsolikelife.com...

Part-2 > alsolikelife.com...

Part-3 > alsolikelife.com...

"More than a dozen sequences defy description"...www.seattlepi.com...
edit on 4-5-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
War And Peace-1967 "color stills" > warandpeace1968.tumblr.com...

This is the best "wide screen" "ruscico" "5-disc set" version available to buy and at around $35.00,thats a small price to pay,to be able to own the single greatest "no cgi" achievement in the history of motion pictures > www.amazon.com...

edit on 3-5-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I recently re-watched this around 8 hour,no cgi,masterpiece,this russian version of war and peace, releasd in 1967,for about the 8th time and not one second of it was boring or dull...

I have seen around 1,000 movies at least and probably many more than that and what words can i use to try and properly describe this russian film?

It is easily the single greatest achievement in the history of motion pictures...

It is also, spectacular, astounding, bloody, explosive, haunting, mesmerizing, frightening, amazing, intimate, breathtaking, shimmering, vibrant, beautiful, ominous, violent, magnificent, astonishing...

It is beyond words...Watch it in "widescreen" and see and hear what i mean...

War and peace 1967...Multiple reviews > www.rottentomatoes.com...
edit on 4-5-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This russian version of war and peace is vastly under rated,for one example being the fact that its never included within anyones greatest films list and i have read many hundreds of them,perhaps thousands,none except for jackie chans ten best films list,in which he places war and peace (russian version) in i believe fourth position.I think this film is vastly under appreciated because it caused and still causes a lot of resentment and jealousy from a severely upstaged hollywood,as well as cold war paranoia,which is also still lingering.But anyway you think about this one of a kind film,after being immersed within its unequaled visually magnificence and sonic splendor,it remains the single greatest achievement in the history of motion pictures, imo...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
War And Peace -1967 - Russian...Directed by...Sergei Bondarchuk...

This eight hour and twenty seven minute movie has to be seen,in its original 70mm widescreen format,to be believed...

Sergei bondarchuk adapted the tolstoy book,has the lead role and directed this awesome recreation of napoleons invasion of russia.

He was allowed to use of a vast array of objects from russian museums for historic detail and this movie also employs 120,000 russian soldiers during the numerous battle scenes...

Seeing is believing,no hollywood epic compares to this films vast panoramic battle scenes,one of which "the battle of borodino" is almost an hour long.Parts of which were filmed from inside airplanes and helicopters to show "birds eye views" of these brutal scenes...

There are also multitudes of beautifully filmed intimate moments that are projected throughout,which contain colors and sounds of unequalled majesty....

Along with the"burning of moscow",slow motion/real time cavalry charges,time lapse images,montages and lots of "real snow"...

The characters that survive through the entire movie "actually" age five years.The actress who portrays natasha for example,when the movie begins,is around fifteen years old and when the movie is over she is twenty years old...

This russian version of "War And Peace" is never in any of the great film books that i've read and its never even mentioned in anyones best films lists...Why?...

My guess is its because of left over cold war paranoia and extreme jealousy from hollywood...

This movie is all the more incredible for being accomplished without computer aide...

It won the "academy award" for "best foreign film" but wether or not a movie wins an academy award is no way to judge a films greatness...

How sergei bondarchuk was able to keep this production together for so many years and not have it come crashing down around him is an incredible accomplishment in itself...

This russian film cost a staggering 100 million dollars in mid 1960's dollars,which figures out to around 700 million now,which is about three times the budget of the movie titanic...

Please dont confuse this russian masterpiece with the inferior hollywood version from 1956,theres no comparison...

Roger ebert said that this movie "will never be equalled"...

And i'll say that this movie is "the single greatest achievement in the history of motion pictures"

Seriously...Dont Miss It...In widescreen...

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I'll give this a bump to see if anyone else has seen this film. I haven't as yet, but the OP makes a good case for watching it.

new topics

top topics

join