It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KISSmetrics service tracks your net useage, can't be evaded, used by many sites.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
www.wired.com...

The article states this Kissmetric service is used by many sites, some larger ones like Spotify. Even with your cookies disabled, your flash storage turned off, and using “Do Not Track” options in your browser it still tracks you. The company got the idea from a 2009 study that showed two ad tracking companies(Clearspring and Quantcast) figuring out a flash vulnerability that replaced html cookies after they were deleted. Those companies were sued and settled for $2.4 million and promised to never use the technology again. When Hulu heard what Kissmetrics were doing they cut ties with them immediately.
edit on 31-7-2011 by wiandiii because: for typos

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Its amazing the lengths these people will go to, the real kicker about the Wired article was that it suggested the keys generated by Kissmetrics are identical across multiple domains, meaning that it would theoretically be possible to have sites share information and develop a more comprehensive profile of your online activity. Its a good thing I gave up caring about people tracking my online activities ages ago or I would have went insane trying to keep up with the advances and techniques required to block them.

join