It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul has never been a Freemason

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DBunker
AugustusMason...

Any particular reason you chose to mis-spell my screen name?

I wasn't the one who said there was a difference between public addresses and private meetings.

I quoted you in context and replied to your quote in context. Meetings are private, not secret. Each lodge typically posts its meeting schedule publically. My lodge has signs when you enter the town that state the monthly meeting times and dates. Not secret.

getready then contradicted himself with the above quote about the 'business/activity meetings' where i would not be welcome. this is where the 'supposed secrets are'; getready seems to have answered the original question himself.............IN MY FAVOR, i might add.

I am not quite sure how you arrived at that conclusion since secrecy and privacy are two very distinct situations. There are frequent public events but Masonic degrees and business meetings are not open to the public because they are private. My lodges minutes, however, are archived in the local university's library and are open to the public for review since we are a 501:C3. Private, not secret.

edit on 10-8-2011 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
is there a link to explain how to use the tools for creating a post. i try to put in a previous posters quotes and it just winds up erased. i'm new here, but i've read the site for years.
edit on 10-8-2011 by DBunker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
AugustusMason, your name is not mispelled, it's shortened, just like getready's name is.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
AugustusMason, you DID NOT quote me in context because you would have to use the context that I used in replying to getready. AGAIN, it's not about addresses.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
What is the IRS classification for secret, not private?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

...you DID NOT quote me in context because you would have to use the context that I used in replying to getready. AGAIN, it's not about addresses.

Your quote exactly:

further, you say that because the 'masonic meetings' have an address that is publicly known, that means they're not secret. can i come into your lodge to film and record the activities?

You can not come in and film a private meeting because it is private. Its whereabouts are advertised making it public knowledge, not secret. Its proceedings are private, not secret. Big difference.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
sorry, Augustus, before that. not my quote, but getready's. to get the context of a quote you must include the context.

i actually don't want to film the 'private meeting', you're entitled to your secrets, i guess. LOL

in fact, i'd only like to ask a few questions as everyone arrives, even before the meal. basically, you want to capture the look on someone's face when they're asked a question they don't want to answer.

i think it's great that you guys are talking to me, as my father and uncle were both Masons, and neither one ever mentioned one word of FreeMasonry to me. i remember my father would tell me if a famous sports legend visited the hall, but that's about it.

and believe it or not, you may even find a new member. i'm actually sorry i never followed in my ancestors footsteps.

is rand paul a freemason?

edit on 10-8-2011 by DBunker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

in fact, i'd only like to ask a few questions as everyone arrives, even before the meal.

That is perfectly acceptable and is actually encouraged. If someone were interested in joining the best thing to do prior is speak with the members of the lodge in question and get to know them on a personal level.

is rand paul a freemason?

I am not completely certain but I believe he is not. Too bad, I like him.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
In my case, I would have to join the Jesuits as I'm in South America. I do return to the States for medical treatment every so often, but that's not enough for membership in a Lodge. If getready is in Miami or Atlanta, I can stop in sometime.

Years ago, I did live in California and a group that I belonged to used to meet at a Masonic building. My group had nothing at all to do with Masonry, we just needed a large meeting place and kitchen.

I did meet many Masons there, and they were from all over the U.S. These people appeared to be just regular, everyday, run of the mill Americans; no Albert Pikes there, and not even close.

I'm sending my son to Javeriana Univ, ....Jesuit headquarters down here.....i'm teaching him the ways of the world, ....hopefully he can do something with it.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DBunker

In my case, I would have to join the Jesuits as I'm in South America. I do return to the States for medical treatment every so often, but that's not enough for membership in a Lodge. If getready is in Miami or Atlanta, I can stop in sometime.

I am in Tallahassee, but I have friends and family in both Miami and Atlanta. I'm not sure if any are Masons, but I could probably get you in touch with some Masons there.

If you ever come through Tallahassee you are welcome to visit me and my Lodge!!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
If you ever come through Tallahassee you are welcome to visit me and my Lodge!!

Any chance I'll catch you at the Chitlin Degree next spring?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

In my case, I would have to join the Jesuits as I'm in South America.

The Jesuits are not Masonic. The Society of Jesus is an order of Catholic priests.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
More accurately, the Jesuits are a Military Religious Order of the Roman Catholic Church. Knights of Malta are the premier secret society of the Vatican and are a popular society in Latin America with diplomatic relations with the Sovereign Military Order of Malta. There is much more.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OnTheLevel213

About a 90% chance!! I was there last year! Were you there?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Ron Paul IS a freemason. There is video proof of it when he passed a masonic grip on the Bill Maher show. Pay attention people. We could be looking at the next leader of our country. He was featured in the New York Times which is somewhat strange considering his conservative beliefs. This Saturday is the Ames Straw Poll. Watch for who comes out ahead.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by shinjiikari2839

Ron Paul is really group supported here.. Now i dont think Ron Paul bad, but i do think the blind support for him i see bad around here. Its about like Obama and all his blind support.
End of the day, i dont wait around for anyone to come save us.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

As someone mentioned before, no Mason would intentionally give Bill Maher the grip. The grip is intended to be able to recognize another Mason. Bill Maher is a devout Atheist, and as such, there is no possibility of him being a Mason, and no reason to give him the Masonic grip.

Ron Paul has said he is not a Mason, but that he respects the organization. A Mason would not lie about his affiliation.

Masons are proud of our brethren that attain political office and success. If Ron Paul were a Mason, we would know about it, and we would be celebrating it, but it just isn't true. Too bad though.

So, the answer is absolutely NO. He is not a Mason, and not every awkward handshake is a Masonic Grip.

Also, not every Mason uses the Masonic grip anyway. I personally do not use the grip, unless I see something that makes me suspect someone is a Mason.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by shinjiikari2839
Ron Paul IS a freemason.

well, I wish you were correct, unfortunately, you are not.
But if you can find the lodge he was raised in, you can prove RP's website and everyone else wrong.
But a handshake does not make a man a mason. I would be proud to call him brother though.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Yes, oh, yes, his hands were placed weird while shaking hands, that's solid, 100% evidence!!! NOT. A strange handshake doesn't mean its a secret shake nor related to Masonry. That handshake was not Masonic. It's quite well known, particularly to Texas Masons (such as JoshNorton) that Ron Paul is not a Mason. Many of us Masons would love for him to have been one, but he's not. His father was, but he is not. Unless you can tell us what Lodge he's a member of and when he was initiated.

Plus, who cares if he was a Mason and possibly our next leader? Would that be so bad?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I wasn't raised until October, but Marianna is my hometown. I'll be there next year.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join