It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mblah's Chicken Enchilada Casserole

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
As long as it isn't gamey tasking I am good.

Two ways to take the gamey taste out of venison, depending upon how you're cooking it. You can soak it in milk the night before if you're grilling it. If you're roasting, stewing, or braising it, a couple of capfulls of vinegar in the cook pot will do it.

I've got a neighbor who deer hunts on his own farm downstate. He gives me some venison every year, and it has yet to be gamey. I think it largely depends upon what the diet of the animal was (he hunts adjacent to a corn field) how old the animal is, and how it's cared for in the field.

Take the venison equivalent of a sirloin roast and do nothing more than salt and pepper it and throw it on a grill. Keep rotating until it's done. It's like really awesome, tender roast beef. Almost filet mignon like.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I have a similar dish that I cook and to change it up a bit I use blue corn tortillas when available and cream corn.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Thanks! I will have to keep this in mind and write it down.

I have only had it one way and it was a way my ex made it but would never tell a soul. It was actually really good! He said it takes him two days to prepare it lol

<< 1   >>

join