It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A friend of mine has been acting very strangely, any ideas?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Nice response. The song you're referring to is by Immortal technique, has the word devil in the title. I really do think you may be right as far as bombarding people with negative messages to effect their psyche's. I see this more and more in the music industry and I am going to start a killer thread on this. I feel that more and more music is being used to breed certain ways of thinking that promote greed, wealth, destruction and generally anti social behavior.

I am still personally reeling in from some of the values that i absorbed while listening to rap music during my youth. It has taken me a long time to shake a lot of it, I have a lot of friends in the same predicament. I believe that it is yet another way to control people as you said. I see it more and more, all you have to do is watch a lady gaga film clip to see a great example of this, how does S and M relate to pop music for youth? IT DOESNT, but yet we see her videos bombarding people with images similar to Marylin Manson, and this is on a massive scale...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Double postage.....
edit on 28-8-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

a lot of people forget that about music.....

A problem I have with rap music is that most of the time their music/beats are sampled/stolen. The beat makers are basically arrangers who tap out drum beats to other peoples compositions and add a couple of scratches over it for orignality. Then you have the rappers come in, who are basically linguists, not all the time but that is basically it, they're NOT musicians in any sense.Take someone like Kanye West, great production (you'd hope so with so many millions behind it), great arrangements and so forth, then he comes in and basically spits misogyny and fourth grade raps over these arrangements and people claim that it is genius, "oh but he's telling stories about the problems in the ghetto and making a statement" etc, well sorry to break it to you but he's not the only one, and he does do this from his estate while tending to his falcons and eagles and rocking up at fashion shows dressed in some of the most offensively extravagant outfits and flying about on lear jets.

So true musicianship doesnt seem to be really valued these days, and a lot of the time people dont possess all the elements you mentioned in their band. People forget that about the beatles also, they truly were one of the greatest bands of all time, their musicianship was incredible and as songwriters they were incredible. Their timing was great but when you break down their songs they were absolutely brilliant. This is what we're missing in modern music, these days it all sounds like a busted fridge.....

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Agree 100%!!!

And to think that someone compared rap music to Mozart.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Nice response. The song you're referring to is by Immortal technique, has the word devil in the title. I really do think you may be right as far as bombarding people with negative messages to effect their psyche's. I see this more and more in the music industry and I am going to start a killer thread on this. I feel that more and more music is being used to breed certain ways of thinking that promote greed, wealth, destruction and generally anti social behavior.

I am still personally reeling in from some of the values that i absorbed while listening to rap music during my youth. It has taken me a long time to shake a lot of it, I have a lot of friends in the same predicament. I believe that it is yet another way to control people as you said. I see it more and more, all you have to do is watch a lady gaga film clip to see a great example of this, how does S and M relate to pop music for youth? IT DOESNT, but yet we see her videos bombarding people with images similar to Marylin Manson, and this is on a massive scale...

lady gaga and images, interesting issue in my opinion.

I have noticed some unsettling things therein and what happens is you wonder what exactly her connection are to the concept that these images are meant to implant in your head... it is about new order and i could give many examples of what certain symbols mean in my opinion, but the most important thing that is scarring people is where do these symbols come from. what do these people know and where do they get these ideas... why don't they just spit it out?

this is the problem with using unexplained images... what are they trying to do to me? it's never explained.

they never come out and say 'we are wanting you to see beauty in a new way"... but they also never say "we are trying to scare you"... and they also never say 'we are trying to rub our successes in your face, the ideas we took from others and made money from"

I believe it's a little of all... many of them even have good intentions but when you work with such heavy images like that to form a very specific pattern or vibe, it can be taken in many good and bad ways and that's what they are playing around with.

what's bad is that good can come from doing things like this but when you see people in confusion all around the world because everyone is afraid the end is near, it helps to explain sometimes that you are not in fact illuminati, but that doesn't occurred to people. some people would rather you think they are even if they are not. it doesn't help the global situation and i think there are times when art needs to realize it is a very real vehicle and sometimes it's time to do a reality check for the safety of all passengers.
edit on 28-8-2011 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Sounds as though he is longing for something more from life,
something that drugs, money, women and power can't fulfill.
Wish him well on his journey in finding the truth.
As Cat Stevens's song goes, Be What You Must

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
My friend in college did this.
He was always into hip-hop, and skateboarding/snowboarding..
Then one day, at school.. He starts talking about the Illuminati, and Islam, and conspiracies, and a whole buncha shizz I never really put much thought into. lol

I think that's what got me started on this "truther" path, actually.

anyway..
He converted to islam within like, 2 weeks, and started praying and getting rid of all the stuff that was for "shatan"
(satan), and started being all "holy" and "gotta make it to mecca", etc etc.

About 2 years later, He "gave it up", and went back to himself.

Good luck buddy.
He's on his own path... let him follow it..
he'll end up where he needs to be.

peace

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
My friend in college did this.
He was always into hip-hop, and skateboarding/snowboarding..
Then one day, at school.. He starts talking about the Illuminati, and Islam, and conspiracies, and a whole buncha shizz I never really put much thought into. lol

I think that's what got me started on this "truther" path, actually.

anyway..
He converted to islam within like, 2 weeks, and started praying and getting rid of all the stuff that was for "shatan"
(satan), and started being all "holy" and "gotta make it to mecca", etc etc.

About 2 years later, He "gave it up", and went back to himself.

Good luck buddy.
He's on his own path... let him follow it..
he'll end up where he needs to be.

peace

that sounds like people learning then becoming afraid and turning to alleged other side thinking it is where truth will be found but there are good muslims and bad muslims too. so people might run into the same problem.

they start seeing how things in the world were set up. they start realizing that what we probably really wanted in the middle east was the mountains and the resources... which is not good, but if criminals had the mountains and the resources and we took them and can give those resources back to people who are not criminals, then there is an alleged reason to take their stuff. that's how some see it. If the end is drawing near, it would be better for Muslims to have their mountains than Muslim criminals. that's all debatable but when people start looking at it, it just looks like our government is afraid and burying it';s head in the sand with it's underground bases and what not and taking other peoples mountains that could preserve their people through catastrophic events.

people are starting to perceive a real evil in the world and the government needs to realize that what people are fearing in what they see these days, is much more critical than sitting on some of these secrets of theirs.

people KNOW there is an agenda... a global agenda. they see it. no one is explaining anything to them so they assume the worst and become fanatical because they feel intense deception.

that's where all these secrets are getting us. surely they could come off SOME of them.

i think many people in power are actually feeling concern about the fate of the people and karma and all that. they don't want to see people suffer, but they are not very good at expressing this or making people belief it.

the child has become extremely paranoid of the overly quiet parent. that parent could be about to drop that kid off at the dump or throw a surprise party.... or maybe just some where in the middle, but my point is... this keeping people dumb crap is going to really bite some people in the ass.
edit on 28-8-2011 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join