It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A friend of mine has been acting very strangely, any ideas?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by klenker

Thanks for the kind words, I really have been there for him, talking to him about it a bit and obviously not judging him. Cheers for the response!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulo

Thank you so much. I've actually thought about this in reference to my own personal growth and changes I have undergone at certain times. Theres does seem to be a little bit of synchronicity going on there.

Cheers for the response

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 3dman7

ahaha nice one!

If he can do it so can other artists......
edit on 1-8-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by 3dman7

ahaha nice one!

If he can do it so can other artists......
edit on 1-8-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

True that!..... turns out, Cat did an awesome thing.

I remember when Cat did this and, while I never was a great fan, I admired him as a unique artist. It felt like something was wrong with him to do what he did but, that was just my mind stuck in the status-quo looking out.

If we all did the right thing, this world could really be a paradise.
edit on 1-8-2011 by 3dman7 because: linky

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I believe that each of us is being identified by that side which will take us. I too believe that the entire Music Industry has become a place of the Occult, its structure, power, money; and the artist themselves are used and corrupted from within. If anyone else cannot see the symbolism and ritualistic patterns then I cannot explain it; there are plenty of examples out there and they are doing it in plain sight.

I am an artist, or I was an artist. I stopped completely! I no longer allow myself to delve in the visualizations of the creative mode. I was never religious, and the furthest from Christianity as one could possibly be; I was not raised with any spiritual beliefs. I was a natural towards Magic and then subsequently I was "touched" by Great Spirit or what others call the "Holy Spirit". I found my truths but I was also at risk because it was at those moments of transition when I could have been "captured" by Religion and captured by those who wish to "save" me; I became a hermit in a sense and withdrew from all of Society, I withdrew from my family and my friends. I did open the door to Christianity via the Bible, Prophesies, and other Spiritual presentations; I just never reached out to a Church or Religion. I have asked our Lord and Savior into my Heart and Life, which I believe is the Truth, and I have forgiven myself of my sins by asking for Forgiveness and Protection. I do not Lie and I am in constant Prayer each and every day, and for the most part throughout the day. My focus is on the future and what is about to unfold; I am opening myself to Tribulation and the Chastisement of our World.

However, I am not lost in any Religion, and I am free to move about amongst the Evil without being identified directly (for the most part). I was victimized by the initial change; I lost my home, my gardens, my work, career, and all of my personal interest pursuits; and yes, I lost some friends and I lost my immediate family as a result, but I did not lose myself. I am still the same person I ever was and now that I am able to look back upon my entire life I see the path was all too clear, that I was never "led astray" and that even during my most darkest moments I was where I was suppose to be so that I could "see" more clearly. I still have pain, I still have my inner child that is hurt and confused, but I am working on that every day!

I do not watch movies, I do not listen to music; I sit in silence most times and when I do go out into public I am surrounded by a bubble of my own making. I am not sure if people really see me but I do not try to see them if I can help it; most are living a lie and they speak in lies and I am incapable of being a part of that world; if I should engage them they will be told the truth and this usually is what makes them see me as "crazy" or possibly "mad". What comes into my mind comes out of my mouth; and so often I speak of things that others may deem unhealthy and possibly "negative", but it is only the truth of the matter.

I could become "homeless" but I do not think that my Spirit requires this, as soon one day we all will be "homeless" for the most part when the war reaches us all; the war for our Souls.

To the OP, your friend has been "chosen" for the same reason I was "chosen", it isn't the Religion that is going to save him it is himself. As long as he is disconnecting from the creative forces that he used to delve into, then I would say "Bless him", because soon the rituals have to stop and the Magic has to end so that we can find our true Gifts from GOD restored. Eventually we will all be separated and sorted by that which we are, the wheat or the chaff, the sheep or the goats, the good from the bad; and if we are lucky we may just be given the grace to become something better than what we are. Bless your friend that he may be safe from the harms of Religion!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
All you have to do, is imagine how you treat others, the thoughts that you have about others, and then imagine those thoughts reflected back to you.

There are many selfish and cruel people, that enjoy the advantage that they have over innocence, however, they do not believe in any form of redemption or natural consequence, as they have lost thier faith in life.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Religion doesn't divide people, people divide themselves. I know many religious people from varying faiths who interact and associate freely and respect the beliefs of others and don't ever try to force their belief structure down the throats of others. It's what people do with that religion that divides. Human beings can take something perfectly mundane and turn it into something evil.

And no offense, you 2 can be great friends but you can't know what he's quietly been exploring on the side. THis may have been brewing for years and you just didn't know. YOu say he wasn't really a conspiracy theorist but it's rather obvious he is, the illuminati controlling the entertainment industry didn't pop out of thin air. And it's not a normal conclusion. Without examining him it's impossible to know if and how mentally ill he is. If I had to make an educated guess he probably thought he was very talented too talented to not be a success. When his level of success didn't coincide with his perceived talent level he looked for an explanation. And if you introduced him to this website or if he found it on his own and searched entertainment industry, then the illuminati thing would pop up. And wow, now he has an explanation of why he hasn't lived up to his expectations without having to deal with any potential shortcoming of his own. It's a lot easier to say I'm not an illuminati puppet so they are holding me down than it is to admit to yourself that you've been doing something for 20 years and you aren't as good as you thought.

If he bought into that it would be natural for him to look for a lifeline. In this case Islam. Perhaps he looked at the tight knit Islamic community and figured it was about as anti illuminati as you can get. And he bought in, completely. Now he's using this religion to refocus his life. He'll most likely regret giving up his passion to a delusion, but then again he may not ever come to the realization that it is a delusion. If he still has a shred of insanity then reason with him. Explain to him that in this age it isn't possible for 1 group to control something so completely. There are millions of musicians, they appear in nightclubs, websites, tv, radio etc.... there isn't an illuminati representative everywhere saying, "Whoa boy, before you sing this song let's change these lyrics and get the all seeing eye tattooed on your arm. It's way to easy to get anything you want out there for the world to see even if it is only for a short time. Hell I can draw something and make a free website and get it out there in 20 minutes. I can write a song and record it on my computer and put it on youtube in a few minutes. I can steal government documents and create a website and publish them and have my own wikilinks. Ask him how in the world 1 group can control the arts. Then prove it to him, record a little rap negatively portraying the illuminati and post it on you tube. Prove him wrong. Of course he'll probably rationalize it somehow, they wanted you to put that song out there and planted the idea in your head.

He's operating under a delusion that supports his belief that he should be a success. And he found a religion that meshed with that delusion as well. Reason with him, support what you are saying with facts. Try to make sense to him. Don't attack his religion or you'll push him further away. But show him in a logical manner why you disagree with him. If he is in possession of all his faculties then you'll reel him back in. IF not have him talk to someone. Or ask him to prove the illuminati control the arts. Proof not evidence. Just talk to him without enabling him.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by Forevever

I get the impression it has been mainly a personal epiphany without much outside influence. I have tried sending him a lot of links to ats and also just some other things to look into. I want him to be okay, just want to make sure he's not doing it for the wrong reasons or going down a path that could end badly you know, I want him to be happy.

Cheers

I just hope he dosent become an American terrorist
He may have been converted just for that...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Thank you so much for such a great reply. I actually have an update, turns out he had been watching youtube videos about the satanic nature of the music industry, thats when his epiphany happened, although such an extreme reaction makes me think he was completely brainwashed by whoever had made the video. Thanks for sharing friend, appreciate it a lot.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

You're very right and I generally agree with your sentiments. He may have already been researching such things. I spoke to him just today and he actually went on and said that he was watching videos and Satan, the Illuminati and the music industry. Although one part of what he was saying was that he feels like a 'demon' took over his mind/body and was guiding him to the ways of the 'devil' (creativity etc). Maybe there are more Islamic recruitment techniques than i was aware, out of all the religions Christianity would seem the most obvious as he is white and lives in new zealand.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

Balkan, I had the same thing happen to me. I had a best friend that lived next to me our whole childhood. We were both brought up as Catholic, his family was a lot more religious than mine. I never went to church (still don't), my belief is that organized religion is a scam. We always had the same views on things, even religion. In our 20's a girl drove a wedge between us (she was playing us both) and our friendship never really got as close is it was before.

A year later he was invited to a party my family was having. He cornered me and started preaching, I thought he was kidding or on drugs. I realized that he was serious and the whole night he tried to "convert" me. It was like he was another person.

Since then he has severed all ties with anyone who is not a, for lack of better term, born again Christian. To this day I still have no idea how or why he chose that path.

JT

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This sounds similar to a lot of things I've done personally in my own life, but it's not necessarily limited to religion in my case. See, I have this habit of developing an intense interest in a subject, and almost totally devoting myself to it for long periods of time. I suppose I can also do a lot of chatting about those subjects, and it might come as a surprise to those closest to me that I'm suddenly amazingly interested in something or other, but that I've never shown an interest in it before. This has applied to things like learning the piano, or a language... and yes, to religious studies as well. I was on a very long Catholicism kick for quite a while, and completely buried myself in theology and apologetics.

Having said that, I also tend to be impulsive, and I have also destroyed/thrown out music or books because I thought they were evil or corrupting in some way. This was ultimately down to a simple fact: I wanted to follow a certain philosophy, and felt it was a 'correct' philosophy to follow. However, I knew I would feel 'tempted' to enjoy certain things which contradicted that philosophy, because they belonged to a completely different life-style. I removed them from my life, then; often to regret it a bit later.

Perhaps your friend is similar? Maybe he has a character that causes him to immerse himself in an interest, really wanting to be 'properly' devoted to it. Maybe he also wants to limit his potential to lose this interest, and removes 'distractions'.

In my case, I stopped picking up and dropping interests once I grew older, and found a way to feel deeply satisfied with my own life. Maybe your friend isn't there yet.

Lastly: is there any evidence that your friend is getting frustrated with his music and art? I have known many musicians who, for years, were almost obsessive in their desire to improve; only to find themselves slowly losing passion, and eventually developing an almost hatred for their music as a result. A guitarist friend of mine one day grew incredibly hostile about the instrument, and how much time of his life he had wasted developing what he felt was 'mediocre' skill.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

a lot of videos on youtube show this.how tupac hated being used.Who is rainman?how they make us chant at concerts..how the concerts might be ceremoneys...I am a product of this...conditioning.it made me very mad to be...used like this.It does seem like rap music is a very powerful meme.it passes on certain ways of thinking to our youth...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
So he had been viewing You Tube videos, as it turns out? I was going to suggest he was clued in by some rappers themselves. I am not into rap at all but last year somehow I stumbled onto the topic of illuminati influence in the rap culture and was surprised to read that some rappers themselves were starting to admit it and write about it and fight against it. They said they were being used by the illuminati to both generate money for the elite and to be a subversive element dividing and conquering their listeners. They said the black culture was being particularly targeted to be seeded for self destruction through negative messages. I clicked on a link that took me to this really remarkable rap song about a guy who gets caught up in the thug culture and ends up attacking and participating in the gang rape of his own mother, whom he doesn't recognize until too late. He ends up realizing that the devil he was serving for his own gain had deceived him into this. The song had a very powerful message hidden in the usual violence and rap elements that made me think if this can't reach troubled youth caught up in that violent cycle, I don't know what will.

I wonder if your friend was initially clued in by such rap music itself. If all this occult rumor is true, there are some brave, selfless rappers trying to fight against the dark stuff. The problem is, how do you know what is genuine and what is just part of a vast machinery to keep controversy going to generate more sales? It could all be one huge inside joke or a game of good cop bad cop but both sides are really serving the single goal of making more money off gullible fools.

When I look around at all forms of art and entertainment I see things that could easily be interpreted as occult or illuminati symbols and references or influences. It is pretty spooky, really. It doesn't help how the companies behind all this are growing more invasive collecting and aggregating data about us. It all seems sinister to even the more conservative conspiracy minded people among us. It must really be flipping out your friend since he is new to this way of perceiving the world. Good luck to you both. I hope the friendship endures.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
woah that was the same day I had a "dark night" dream, and was visited by a demon that attempted to posess me, perhaps he is "waking up"?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by posthuman

Originally posted by RanDeLv2
reply to post by Balkan

I really don't understand this "art" thing and either way rap isn't really art. Don't get me wrong I like rap, but it's no Mozart.

Well, no; because Mozart's "art" was the composition of music while a rapper's is the composition of linguistics using music as a scaffold. A rapper arranges words in an order of their design with every bit of skill and intuition that Mozart used to do the same with notes.

Wow, you're joking...

Right?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Maybe your friend was influenced by this guy. There are many videos on YouTube where they allegedly expose hip hop music as being satanic...

I personally think any fanaticism is just ridiculous but to each his own.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by graphuto

Originally posted by posthuman

Originally posted by RanDeLv2
reply to post by Balkan

I really don't understand this "art" thing and either way rap isn't really art. Don't get me wrong I like rap, but it's no Mozart.

Well, no; because Mozart's "art" was the composition of music while a rapper's is the composition of linguistics using music as a scaffold. A rapper arranges words in an order of their design with every bit of skill and intuition that Mozart used to do the same with notes.

Wow, you're joking...

Right?

It wasn't me, but it is spot on.

Rap is obviously accompanied poetry. This form has been around since ancient Greece.

Mozart had a librettist write the text for his operas in close collaboration. The people who are really good at musical composition aren't usually the ones who are good at textual composition. Ever since the Beatles (a true anomaly) bands and musicians think they have to be both these, and charismatic & skilled performers. Many are mediocre at two or three.

Ella Fitzgerald sang (with extraordinary talent & charm) great music and lyrics written by homely, middle aged, and occasionally homosexual, Jewish men.

edit on 27-8-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

. A rapper arranges words in an order of their design with every bit of skill and intuition that Mozart used to do the same with notes.

This is the part I have a problem with.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
unfortunately, the "devil" that exists in the west, is present in all of mankind and i just hope that those who "see" do not just jump from the fire into the frying pan. I hope they realize that they may still be on a sold out path in a manner of speaking even though they think they are fixing it. should be ok though as long as he doesn't turn to violence for any religion... but a person who polarizes makes you really wonder, doesn't it?

the thing is, the world of rap art could used for divine purposes because it an expression of feelings and ideas and it's cohesive in it's design and the people who have established connection from it... and that could be spiritual. could be good, could be bad spiritual.. but whatever he has witnessed has sent him in fear for his soul. why could he not see the good in where his place in life was and who has brought him to this seemingly new path? it could seriously be a good or bad choice. there is not enough there to know about what is going on with him.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join