It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer stricken WTC worker gets $0.00 setllement check

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

I dont really know for sure, but if I had to guess I would say there are others out there like him. Maybe this story will bring forth the stories of others that are going through hell like this man.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0I mean the deaths directly causes by the toxins that were released when the towers fell as well as from the debris cleanup.

When you say toxins, you really mean radiation?

I will leave this comment to simmer.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

i think you are all being a little naive here.

it's about jerking 1st responders around and raising the tension/blood pressure levels.

so that they hurry up and die.

after all weren't some of those 1st responders reporting hearing explosions and such within the buildings?

when skanky rice and other officials assured everyone it was safe they were lying and are still lying.

asbestos, not dust.

it's about getting rid of inconvenient witnesses.

they should all get together, and make a documentary.

that way they can make money to leave for their loved ones and slap the Mo-Fo's back.

feel free to pass this idea on maybe it will get to them.

S&F and a bump for the OP and thread

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
This also opens the question as to why the responders are getting cancer? Some claim it was the asbestos, but asbestos causes mesothelioma, which takes years of exposure, but that's not what they're getting....

A Mt. Sinai School of Medicine study finds increases in multiple myeloma among 9/11 first responders under 45 years of age.

www.asbestos.com...

Multiple myeloma is a type of cancer. Cancer is a group of many related diseases. Myeloma is a cancer that starts in plasma cells, a type of white blood cell. It's the most common type of plasma cell cancer.

www.cancer.gov...

Exposure to Ionizing Radiation

Exposure to ionizing radiation is firmly established as a cause of multiple myeloma, according to the National Cancer Institute. People exposed to high levels of radiation, such as atomic bomb survivors in Japan, are five times more likely to develop this disease. The prevalence is also higher in people exposed to lower amounts of radiation, including radiologists and nuclear plant workers. There is no evidence, however, that exposure to medical x-rays increases the risk.

www.livestrong.com...

I'm not a proponent of the nukes theory, but this does make you wonder.

Another cause of multiple myeloma is exposure to Benzene, which is used in explosives.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Wow. Poor guy decides to take his chances and come to the USA from South America and gets treated like this. Sad. I wonder if he will stay here and live on Disability payments, health care and other Gov't entitlements, or go back home to Colombia. What an unfortunate circumstance. I wish him the best in healing from his illness!
edit on 8/1/2011 by Inconceivable because: fixed grammatical error
edit on 8/1/2011 by Inconceivable because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Thank you Zion for your collateral damage. scum these people, nothing but scum. it is disgusting.
edit on 1-8-2011 by Amassuo because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2011 by Amassuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Land of the free and the brave

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Inconceivable

Did he take the chance, after being given false information by those who were suppose to be fighting, on his behalf, or did they already know that he would not get alot of compensation and already knew he would not get a penny. And how many others in total have they done this too.

I do not expect we will see any politicians over there challenging this will we?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I picked on that story the other day; I was so disgusted and he's not the only one that's been conned by these big fat lawyers over 9/11!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
And this is why I never pursued any action for money. I was a 911 worker and I have been told I now have a black spot on my lungs and now have a chronic cough. I don't smoke and I sound like a smoker. Its horrible. The EPA told us the air was safe when they knew it was not. We all had masks to wear down there but they ran out of filters after the second week. Everyone had to stop wearing their masks because you could not breath after a while.Asbestos was everywhere! In short I knew what I was going to do even though I knew the risks. I felt the overwhelming need to do it even though I knew it was unsafe.It did not matter...there were people that needed help...my fellow countrymen(persons).

It does not surprise me in the least that this guy got nothing. The lawyers where all lining up to take advantage of this. They are scum! They don't care about the workers....they saw big money to be had. We the average people are the ones constantly getting screwed by GREEDY FAT CATS! In the end it will all work out...because KARMA is a B**CH!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

commoners get stepped on all the time... congress passed a bill to help the volunteers but it was just a pr stunt.... that i'm sure a few people did receive something but look at what is still going on... the only difference between our government and other oppressive governments is that they use physical mean to oppress while ours use greed and lawyers to do the oppression....

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

commoners get stepped on all the time... congress passed a bill to help the volunteers but it was just a pr stunt.... that i'm sure a few people did receive something but look at what is still going on... the only difference between our government and other oppressive governments is that they use physical mean to oppress while ours use greed and lawyers to do the oppression....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join