It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you solve this debt crisis?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

I am thinking about Running for US Senate in Mississippi as a Libertarian. Minimum Government, maximum Freedom. Truly being accountable to the people. I would set the standard for all future elected officials to follow.

Principled, Honest, Open.

I would have my town hall meetings with a seat for me in the front row so I could listen to the people address their concerns to me my staff and the public.

It's time our elected officials become public servants once again!

Any politician that goes back on his campaign promises should have his children fed to the hogs!!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
i will be sure to tell obama that

wonder what michelle will think of that

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
i will be sure to tell obama that

wonder what michelle will think of that

Go do it then tough guy!!

edit on 31-7-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Those are easy ones to keep! Politicians must be normal everyday working people. Time for the millionaires to go!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

OK, so long as seizing private property to pay for debt or anything else doesn't become a policy. Because of your initial post, I am assuming that you have very similar political and social viewpoints as Ron Paul. Is there any particular stance or policy of Ron Paul that you would NOT agree with? Do you have any views that may coincide with either the Republican or Democrat agendas?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by SWCCFAN4. All troops/equipment must be brought home and spending on unconstitutional wars stopped.
Then put the troops on the border to stop illegal immigration.

And you propose those troops work for free?

Who said that? We agreed to stop spending on the wars, not the troops.

Since the suggestion was to bring the troops home in order to save money (that is the topic being discussed here), I fail to see how merely putting them on a different duty would save us much money unless you would then expect the troops to work for free.

So, again, do you expect the troops to work from free?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

do you think i want secret service bustin down my door and spending a few years in prision?

wouldnt be worth it

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nwdogg1982

I agree a lot with Ron Paul. I met his son and now senator Rand Paul up at the Machine gun shoot back in October. I was surprised that no one was talking to him so I had his ear for almost 2 hours. I am more of a constitutionalists in regards to state rights.

I think its time for a Renaissance in America I fear if we don't change things soon we will no longer have any freedoms left.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

What i would do is limit financial aid to countries that need it and take it away from those that dont. I wouldnt cut very many government agencys but I owuld reduce there size. And as dreaded as it sounds I would end Bush's tax cuts, Im willing to pay a little more now so my kids wont have to in the future. I would put a heavy tax on imports and impose a fine to every company that sends jobs overseas. I would bring our troops home from any conflict that is not a direct threat to American soil.

That about sums it up. Like you I also plan to run for office one day, just on the state level
edit on 31-7-2011 by Campy61 because: Forgot some stuff

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN

I think its time for a Renaissance in America I fear if we don't change things soon we will no longer have any freedoms left.

The fact that you used the word "Renaissance" rather than "revolution" is enough for you to get my vote.

Rational thinking instead of macho BS bravado is a very admirable trait.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
1. I would raise taxes on the wealthy to limit it was under Clinton.
2. I would close corp tax loop holes and cut all corporate welfare like oil industry give aways
3. I would make it possible for medicare to have the ability to negotiate prescription drug prices and let reimportation of drugs be allowed
4, I would raise the age on social security to 67 for full benefits 65 for 90%
5.I bring all our troops home and place them on our southern border
6. i would raise the taxes on all import goods from china to level the playing field

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN4. All troops/equipment must be brought home and spending on unconstitutional wars stopped.
Then put the troops on the border to stop illegal immigration.

And you propose those troops work for free?

Who said that? We agreed to stop spending on the wars, not the troops.

Since the suggestion was to bring the troops home in order to save money (that is the topic being discussed here), I fail to see how merely putting them on a different duty would save us much money unless you would then expect the troops to work for free.

So, again, do you expect the troops to work from free?
You really do seem to have a problem with reading comprehension, don't you. Paying the troops is not the huge cost of the wars. All of the ordnance expended, the fuel and all the other deployment costs are much higher than the pitiful wages they are paid.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

You really do seem to have a problem with reading comprehension, don't you. Paying the troops is not the huge cost of the wars. All of the ordnance expended, the fuel and all the other deployment costs are much higher than the pitiful wages they are paid.

LOL. If you think you can separate those two things from each other, you obviously have never been in the military, near the military, or looked at a budget. You think you can just pay the troops without a huge amount of infrastructure in place?

You still have to house those troops, feed those troops, arm those troops, train those troops. You think that doesnt cost money?

That's like saying your only expense in running a business is paying people. You still have the light bills, rent, pay for products, etc. Are you 15?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Tax all people who make over 1 million$ at a 75% rate. Nobody needs more than 250 000$ to live comfortably anyways...

Tax all corporations who make over 1 million$ at a 75% rate and prevent them from having tax breaks or the next 10 years. Also enact law that prevents the corporations from passing the tax on to the consumer.

Magnum

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Let's tax.
Tax tax tax tax tax.
Yes, let's tax.
Tax tax tax tax tax.
We want to tax.
Tax tax tax tax tax.
Yes. That is the answer. Let's not address the real cause because we don't know what the real cause is, do we?
so,
let's tax.
tax tax tax tax tax.

If you guys don't wake up, you will be begging on the streets, and that ain't no joke.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join