It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famine in East Africa: Why Does Nobody Care?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

Not till fifteen pages. The ending might be delicious!

Just saying that this is very interesting to observe.
edit on 1/8/11 by MacDonagh because: added a line

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

That is why I STATED in an earlier POST that WeStErN countries SHOULD temporarily take OVER leadership IN THOSE countries.

But I ASSUME PeOpLe like you will BE against iT?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MacDonagh

If you feel that way keep going.

I for one wont take part in a point scoring debate, or a hatred debate over what country we belong to. If you want to do that there is separate forums for it this is not the thread to do it.

This is about Staving people in Africa.

link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

HOW CAN YOU WIPE MINE AND LEAVE HIS....IS THIS A PLATFORM FOR THAT DUDE NOW!

kykweer....dude go to school...and get a passport...meet more people
peace

edit on 1-8-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

link   
Remember the prime directive.

You can not interfere with anything in this universe without there being consequences to the natural order of things. So yes even helping somebody or a whole race can and will have disastrous consequences.

Just look at the human race its one big mess and half retarded, and that's among the more better of the species. And the whole thing is tottering on the edge, all because they decided to mess with it and help it along in its evolution, bunch of fools. But a interesting experiment none the less. Anyways, remember the prime directive.

But Africa is not all guilty by itself and all charities are not all charities nor as altruistic as they make themselves out to be, so there is no one culprit everybody is guilty. From the first world nations who ransack its resources, to the globalists and there power and wealth pursuits and exploitation of those less in the know then them.

To the locals and there idiocies, to there leaders and there greed, to the everyday person who just has no clue and keeps doing the same old thing expecting different results. There all guilty and are all at fault and all must pay, sooner or later.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions, and so you got to remember the prime directive, its there for a reason.

First you should get your own house in order before you try to help anybody else with there house. And as you all can see even the so called great first nations are not all that great and have problems up to there
eyebrows.

What do I think they should do?

Well first get rid of the corporations who take advantage of the less fortunate and minimize the influence, and nationalize all the different states in Africa resources. And to do that you have to restructure the whole system, first the western system will not work especially since its controlled by corporations and global interests that don't give a # were its resources come from as long as they come cheep and they profit.

If anything a dude like Qaddafi could actually achieve something in that part of the world. At least he actually wants to achieve something the rest just want to line there pockets more. So he might be mad, but at least he is mad for all the right reasons.

Second the populous of Africa will have to be culled of all degenerates and greedy fools, so make a list of all and any who are ultimately against the greater whole and are just there for the cool bling, and shiny cars, and big bank account. So basically do what Santa Claus does, make a list of all warlords and dictators who are in the way then proceed to eliminate them all, and any who would think of following in there footsteps. Get rid of them as well, or nail them on the tree of though and let them contemplate the error of there ways.

In fact the whole of the human race is in need of a culling regardless of color or race.

Though the list would be long no doubt in the tens of thousands of duchebags that shall have to be eliminated or dealt with, to bring a sort of autonomous order withing that whole area, and then let them live or die bye there own vocations and choices after that. Oh the list would be long of things to get rid of, anything from people, to ideas, to silly detrimental religions, to silly tribe warfare and war-leaders, it would be to long to list or put in writing in this thread. And that would just be a start.

Really they should of gotten this started long ago, but do to the so called "helpfulness" of first world influences that natural process has been delay'd. And off course there own laziness, greed and stupidity no doubt played a part in that as well. Lazy jealous and greedy fools thinking there is a easy way out, really most of them do deserve but what they got. And nature will run its course either way, so you can do this the easy way, or the hard way, but either way nature will run its course and none of it matters in the end.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kykweer

That is why I STATED in an earlier POST that WeStErN countries SHOULD temporarily take OVER leadership IN THOSE countries.

You assume wrong its not a good look. The west has a bad name as it is for trying to help. Maybe a global effort- GLOBAL. I am not knocking you, its that your written tone seemed racist so 1 commented, thats all.
edit on 8/1/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

Good for you. I've not been on this site for a good while, but it's funny how some things never change in terms of thread derailment; the petty insults, the leaps in logic, the wailing and gnashing of teeth etc. It's so sad it makes you wanna laugh.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by PapaEmeritus
reply to post by pilotx

Well I certainly hope the OP wasnt as dumb as to think he/she was exposig something. Africans have been on the planet longer than any other race of human being yet they choose to do no more than dance and sing and fight.

Well i can assure you that i am not dumb. I do have a degree and i do realise famine in Africa is nothing new. However that does not stop one from showing compassion to other human beings and putting aside politics and corruption for a moment. I know it is not much but at least by contributing at least some lives can be saved. At the end of the day this is about saving lives.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by kykweer

You assume wrong its not a good look. The west has a bad name as it is for trying to help. Maybe a global effort- GLOBAL. I am not knocking you, its that your written tone seemed racist so 1 commented, that's all.
edit on 8/1/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

Its not about being racist, why is that always the go to defence when talking about african issues? Why feel sorry for them just because of the colour of their skin in those "gasping" tones of "how could you say that?"

We can say it, they run the countries like morons these african leaders regardless of their religion or colour of skin simply because the way they governed is accepted by the rest of the world and awww we feel sorry for them.

Before the libyan revolution ghadafi was frequently visited by celebrities for goodness sake.

The AU is the disease. So is charity and feeling sorry for them.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Sorry double post
edit on 1-8-2011 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
You have to understand the dominating forces at work in this region to understand why neighboring countries in the area that are dripping in wealth choose to ignore the problem. It's not in their interest. Period. They would rather let nature take its course then come in to clean up and reap the spoils (if any).

The political, tribal and religious divisions run so deep that any dollar amount from the US won't make a difference when the forces battling for power end up controlling most of the aid. It's sad, but we have people starving in the US too. Somalia alone is a case study for all that can go wrong with a country in dire need of reform. Years of conflict in the Southern region of Somalia only makes things worse by actually preventing aid agencies from helping. Back in 2010 they officially banned food aid. It's complicated.

There is no obvious solution because the problem has festered for far too long. The US is broke (and have already spent nearly $450 million in the region) and so is most of Europe. Time to hit up Dubai and United Arab Emirates. They are running out of ways to spend money.

Can Africa find a way out of this on its own? Doubtful.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

Oh i quite agree. TPTB have much blood on their hands and have a great deal to answer for. I have no doubt about that. But in order to make change it is up to the people of Planet Earth to stand up and be counted. Ie you and me and everyone else on the planet. We ALL have a responsibility towards not just ourselves but to each other.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MacDonagh

Do not go flippant on me with biblical prophecies, which you are referring too no one has brought that up and has again nothing to do with this.

Humanity does, immorality does. Do we really care?

Seems a lot do not care. That to me is more scary than pointing the finger or blaming which country who has contributed and which country has ally's status with. they with not help, each other.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Ah...you're American.

Now it makes sense.

The country where more people have Facebook profiles than passports.

And America has spent trillions of dollars in foreign aid since the '50s, more than all the other nations on Earth combined, including your stuck up little backwater. And what did all that money and supplies get them? Why, in over 50 years, are they still starving? We've given food, they just eat it and want more without asking "how can we grow this ourselves?" We give them money and their governments just take it. Then America goes over to some place like Somalia under the flag of humanitarian aid and we get crapped on by the rest of the world for "invading" them.

So, you just keep sitting there as an armchair quarterback drinking your Mountain Dew, or whatever swill you Brits drink, and pretend to be self-righteous. But when you need help, please don't come knocking. We've spent all our money "helping" Africa.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Why do we not care? Because it's their own fault. And their mostly muslums, and their family values stink, aids, why,, because their screwing everything that walks, starving, because the men bail, or join the military and plunder and kill the poor. It's the 'Savage' way, so let them do what they do and let them alone. We are not the worlds pantry or piggy bank, they'v been given food aid too many times to count, clearly it is not working and the powers that be there are so corrupt that the food aid just gets pirated. Let them be, let them be accountable for their lives. and if all their greed and wrong decisions kill them, then so be it.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Why I won't support East Africa? - Maybe after the Somali warlords donate a few million from their enterprises I would consider it - but only consider. We have been giving Africa millions for years - at least part of that goes directly to the folks there - never mind the charities ripoffs - some gets through. Has it helped? NO. They still live in mud huts, throw stones at each other, travel from one refugee camp to another - it is a way of life there. If the land cannot support life then have less children and move off that land onto some producing land. Thousands have immigrated to the US, Canada, Britain, and France where the limit is being met. So now move to China or Pakistan or Jordan. Can't afford to fly? - walk. They already are walking most of their lives from camp to camp and I for one fail to be impressed by another famine from an area that seems to get one every few years. "Give a man a fish - he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish - he eats for a lifetime." I would support an education effort but not a dole out of food.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Hmmm. I have read a lot of your posts and it seems that you really love to bash the US. It's funny, when the US helps people, they get bashed. When they don't help, they get bashed.
reply to post by netobrev

I won't disagree, I do criticise the U.S quite often, however I feel my criticism is legitimate and justified.

When has the U.S helped people out of selflessness and not because it was motivated purely by it's own self-interests?

I can think of the Haiti earthquake possibly.

Tell me others.

When I see the U.S helping for the greater good, I'll be the first to applaud and give them their due.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
So in all honestly, what are we supposed to do about the situation in Africa? Send more food, money? Troops? Personally go over there, take them by the hand and show them what to do?

How much are we expected to do?

The problems facing Africa are complex - from corrupt governments, warfare, disease and just from being poor for so long? But what are we supposed to do?

edit on 1-8-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

The US government should provide Aid but keep it limited in terms of $$$. Americans should be able to do whatever they want with their tax dollars in regards to foreign aid. I encourage Everyone (I'm actually going to do it) to donate money and whatever they can to help those who are suffering in Africa.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Great, so how much are YOU sending every month?

I dont think it is right that one should shout out about how much one is donating each month and it is a very personal decision as well. The point is that at least a donation has been made. I am hardly rich, in fact i am in debt myself and i ran out of food last month as a result. I was helped by a friend of mine who saw me through to pay day for which i am eternally grateful. However unlike the poor souls in East Africa i was not on the point of death by starvation, for me it was just an incovenience which could be easily sorted. To be honest i cant afford to donate but i did anyway, if my donation can help save a life then it will be worth it. I can cut out my luxuries for a month. We have the luxury of life and not facing starvation like they are and have done. For those hit by the famine to live IS a luxury. I would glady give up my petty luxuries to give someone the chance of life.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

You are only confirming what I've posted earlier in this thread.

Even if we did need help, you'd only help if there was something in it for you, something to be gained.

So don't give me all this "humanitarian" rubbish.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join