It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famine in East Africa: Why Does Nobody Care?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PapaEmeritus
reply to post by pilotx

Well I certainly hope the OP wasnt as dumb as to think he/she was exposig something. Africans have been on the planet longer than any other race of human being yet they choose to do no more than dance and sing and fight.

Are you trying to cause arguments or are you just that racist?

By the way you are part African believe it or not, so I guess you must only dance, sing and fight or are you a different species?
edit on 1-8-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

TPTB don't care about people who cannot further their ambitions the media lackeys won't make a move without the say so so we don't hear about it.

link   
reply to post by kykweer

Why not just abduct all the evol from the 3d plane and put them back in school so they learn BETTER NEXT TIME. This is a sapiens sapiens issue NOT RACE? This shouldnt be a race thread?????

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5755b03656c7.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 8/1/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It's beyond unfortunate to see anyone suffer from starvation, but the fact remains that many nations are suffering through their hardest economic times and if you don't look at after your own nation first, you could end up in that same situation... It's a VERY hard line to draw, but here in the United States, there are people starving on a daily basis, on the level of East Africa? No, but it's still going on.

I wish the world was in a better situation where we could take care of our neighbors (on a global scale), but that's just not reality. I do hope a solution is found to help the people of East Africa, it's a horrible situation and I do feel for them all.
edit on 1-8-2011 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
People in the UK have been donating loads for the cause since it became a permanent and daily fixture on the news broadcasts and other shows (including regular messages in the ad breaks) several weeks ago.

What I wanna know is, the UK has been giving money to stop this in Africa since the mid 80s with Live Aid, Comic Relief, Children In Need with several billion pounds at the very least raised so how come it's still the same story year in and year out? Where is the money going if people are still living like that?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

No its not about race, if we were discussing europe we'd be talking about white people if south america hispanic ppl.

The point is we are talking about africa which is black, they aren't all stupid and I've grown to respect some, but 90% are young morons with no hope being lead by fear blindly by "freedom fighters" so it gets frustrating you see?

But in future ill refer to these africans who eff up their own countries for "freedom" then run away to eff up other countries as morons. Is that acceptable and politically correct enough?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

That's exactly what I wanna know as well. We give and give, every single year. Yet, there's never any real improvements, only smaller changes.. But as we all know, that won't help. I guess it definetly is someone behind all these big charity and humane organizations taking huge advantage of our countries' stupidity.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
Many Americans are proving in this thread to be the vile ignoramuses that they are.

Hmmm. I have read a lot of your posts and it seems that you really love to bash the US. It's funny, when the US helps people, they get bashed. When they don't help, they get bashed.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kykweer

If you wish to ignore what is in your comment and how you shared it it is fine I have no controll of your WILL. But it is a sapiens sapiens issue in the end BASICALLY 1 BROTHER NOT HELPING ANOTHER ADVANCE.

Be well

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
You can give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, you can teach a man how to fish and they can eat for a lifetime..... Too bad they just don't want to learn!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Cute.

I haven't been on-line here for a number of months and the first thing I click on is a thread with bleeding hearts and new-age Social Darwinists. This thread has provided me with a good giggle; so this is to all the contributors to this thread so far.

edit on 1/8/11 by MacDonagh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MacDonagh

It's obvious that you've had a little break when you can't even post a youtube video correctly

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Great, so how much are YOU sending every month?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by netobrev

Then why dont you read my postings on this thread have they been anti US bashing no it has not been.

And this thread is going beyond biased.

It has brought out the hatred so many members have against each others country.

And I do not want a part of that.

Well done this thread is trully derailed.......

edit on 1-8-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PapaEmeritus

The OP raises awareness and talks about their past contributions and how to engage in helping out. Some pointed out their opinions, and I put mine with respect to those as a way to show support to the OP, who, overall, is doing way more than most of our chatter of 'history,' politics, and attitudes ever does, especially about people and their situations over which we can't pretend to understand yet think we know enough that we can administer judgments and take comfort in the 'let them die' attitudes.

We'd all be humbled by how much each of us can learn from one another. As one poster said, Africa doesn't need the world, but the world needs Africa.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DrakeBloodaxXe

Fixed!

Got to admit though, I rarely post anything these days. So this is nice.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

So basically you didn't contribute anything. Except that we should help these poor people.

I agree, but sending food or donating money is pointless.

Take out the governments and teach them. That's the only way.
edit on 1-8-2011 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kykweer

Yes but if you dont TEACH the NEW whats RIGHT the leaders grow with same intents as last if not worst. It takes more sometimes then just BRUTE FORCE. I see your points tho EYE FOR an EYE for their corruption..
edit on 8/1/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This thread is going beyond biased.

It has brought out the hatred so many members have against each others country.

And I do not want a part of that.

Well done this thread is trully derailed.......

It should be closed for ATS Review in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This is a reminder to remain on topic and to remain civil in your replies to other posts.

Further deviations could result in post removal.

Thank you.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join