It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New member from Tennessee

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by speaknoevil07

Hi, speak, thanks for the welcome. Sounds like you BOB is in good shape. I have been looking at the waterbottle filter combo, but couldn't make up my mind if I wanted that or purfication tablets. Found a website today that showed how to make a water filter using a plastice bag, rocks, sand and charcoal. The hammock is a very good idea, I will have to add that to my list. I have a small food and water stockpile for bugging out at home, but trying to add small canned foods and water pouches to the bags as I have the extra money. I forgot about the camelback thingy, we have one of those here somewhere around here.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by VeraciousSeeker

Welcome to ATS Missy,Tennessee is a beautiful state and I have some family that lives there.It's been awhile since I've been back but do plan on taking a camping trip to the mountains hopefully this fall.Have fun on ATS,there are a lot of interesting things that go on here!...
see ya around

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

Hi twilite22, thanks for the welcome. Never been to the mountains of TN, but hope to get up there one of these days. Hope to see you around the boards.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Hi VeraciousSeeker, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Welcome Fellow Tennessean.

~Morpheus

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Thank you, Sauron. I appreciate the links and information.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MorpheusUSA

Thank you, Morpheus, glad to be aboard and meet a fellow Tennessean. Hope to see you around.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Welcome

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Welcome Missy,

I recently moved from that area to Washington State. Bugging out on flat land right next to the Mississippi didn't seem like one of my better options, mountains seem much better for that purpose. However I am still getting mu BOB ready too.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Hi and Welcome Missy.

It's nice to meet you . Mid TN here.

Thanks for reminding me about the BOB. There's something else to think about - thanks a lot. -
Sounds like you are preparing like a good scout!

Look fwd to seeing you around the boards. I know you will have fun ...and learn a lot : You came to the right place!

Cya around!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
From another Tennessee member, welcome aboard!

Too bad there isn't a state by state discussion board, that would be so cool!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsaying

Ah, although a good idea, what about us English and other cultures.

Id feel cold and left out sitting outside a USA state ATS board all my todd.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Welcome fellow tennessean.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackDove

Sorry, I suffer from occasional brain farts! Duh!

I love the idea that each country could have their own forum. I think that would end up being very educational for all of us. Don't know if we will ever see those forums materialize though. I have been petitioning for a forum for animals but no one from this site will even acknowledge those requests.

Anyway, I like meeting those who live not so far away from me, its good to share common problems in our areas and watch each others backs.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by rylies2012updates

Thank you, look forward to seeing you on the boards.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ittabena

Welcome Missy,

I recently moved from that area to Washington State. Bugging out on flat land right next to the Mississippi didn't seem like one of my better options, mountains seem much better for that purpose. However I am still getting mu BOB ready too.

Hi Ittabena, your resturant is amazing!!! LOL I know what you mean about the Mighty Miss-a-sip, but this is my option, due to family, I can't just run away. Not all of us in this area depend on the back of a beer can for our info. (I read your intro) =) My brother, SIL, hubby and I have talked about bugging out and have combined plans. We are lucky to have former militray members and someone with a medical background in our group and we have a fairly decent plan given the area where we live. At this point in time I prefer to be in an area I know than a new location I am unfamiliar with. Best of luck with your BOB and bless your heart. =) Thanks for the warm welcome to ATS.

~Missy

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou
Hi and Welcome Missy.

It's nice to meet you . Mid TN here.

Thanks for reminding me about the BOB. There's something else to think about - thanks a lot. -
Sounds like you are preparing like a good scout!

Look fwd to seeing you around the boards. I know you will have fun ...and learn a lot : You came to the right place!

Cya around!

Thanks so much, SeekerLou, glad to see so many others from TN here. Look forward to seeing you around on the boards also.

~Missy

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsaying

Wow, great to see another fellow TN member here......who knew... LOL thanks for the welcome and perhaps my introduction has at least joined a few of us together so we can discuss things in TN that are close to our hearts.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackDove

No way we would leave you out.....it could just be another fourm here like all the others....it would just be 50 of them...LOL

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by tnhiker
Welcome fellow tennessean.

Thank you, love your avatar. Hope to see you around the boards.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join