It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can smeone tell me who 'Anonymous' is?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Apologies for being out of the loop and sounding stupid.

Most of the time when A is posted about it seems as though the reader is expected to know who the post is about.

Is Anonymous any person who starts something that causes a large reaction unplesant to TPTB/Media/Government or is it one person in particular who they simply don't know who and are calling him anonymous or what?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
they call him "the shadow"

they say he doesnt eat or sleep..

edit on 31-7-2011 by misscurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Anonymous is an idea my good sir.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

en.wikipedia.org...

Anonymous (group)

Anonymous (used as a mass noun) is a group initiating active Civil disobedience and spread through the Internet while staying hidden, originating in 2003 on the imageboard 4chan, representing the concept of many online community users simultaneously existing as an anarchic, digitized global brain. It is also generally considered to be a blanket term for members of certain Internet subcultures, a way to refer to the actions of people in an environment where their actual identities are not known.

In its early form, the concept has been adopted by a decentralized online community acting anonymously in a coordinated manner, usually toward a loosely self-agreed goal, and primarily focused on entertainment. Beginning with 2008, the Anonymous collective has become increasingly associated with collaborative, international hacktivism, undertaking protests and other actions, often with the goal of promoting internet freedom and freedom of speech. Actions credited to "Anonymous" are undertaken by unidentified individuals who apply the Anonymous label to themselves as attribution.

Although not necessarily tied to a single online entity, many websites are strongly associated with Anonymous. This includes notable imageboards such as 4chan, Futaba, their associated wikis, Encyclopædia Dramatica, and a number of forums. After a series of controversial, widely-publicized protests and distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks by Anonymous in 2008, incidents linked to its cadre members have increased. In consideration of its capabilities, Anonymous has been posited by CNN to be one of the three major successors to WikiLeaks.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Those referred to as Anonymous are those who support the idea which it was based upon.

Anyone can be Anonymous.

edit on 7/31/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
this is anon - not what the media tell you
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Thank You Good Sir.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
last time i heard anonymous was the government.

bwhahaaaaa ponder that

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Anonymous is you, It's me, It's that guy over there. It's the chick down the street. Oh wait, there are no girls on the internet. Nevermind.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Anonymous is a public rally against global corruption.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
They say Anon is you, it's me, it's my neighbor, it's everyone.

What I personally think:it's a loose group of people not wanting to fully take up for their cause.

They cower behind this Anon Meme. They claim to be doing good. To be helping everyone. But really, they are after what is best for them.

Anyone worth their metal would put a face to their movement by now. A real face. Not a mask from a pop culture movie.

I think Anon is full of crap and not worth anything they claim to be. With all they have "done" they could have done a thousand times more to actually change the world. That is, if they have the power they claim to have.

But, deep down, we all know they will not move past useless hacks and bombarding websites with countless refresh attempts. What else have they done? What else will they do, besides putting relatively innocent people in jail?

Many are waiting on them to start the "revolution". They won't. They can't. If they could it would be done by now. They are wannabe megalomaniacs.

That's what Anon is.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
WE are anonymous, and screw the second line.

new topics

top topics

join