It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chiquita now being sued over plantation deaths due to illegal gun trade.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
www.courthousenews.com...

It has been documented before that Chiquita gives money to nefarious Columbian groups, but now it seems the families of victims have had enough and are trying to sue them. I doubt they will actually win any money, but I'm sure the bigger picture is they want to bring more attention to this situation. The article states Chiquita is being sued for both funding and indirectly funding some group called the United Self-Defense Forces of Colombia. They are also accused of sending arms into Columbia. Can these bananas really be worth it? I don't even know what to eat anymore as it seems no matter what food it is there is some kind of horrible injustice going on behind the scenes to bring it to my plate.
edit on 31-7-2011 by wiandiii because: for spelling

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
This is standard operating proceedure for large US corps in 3rd world countries.....
Dont you just love that capitalism in action?
This is just United fruit all over again....
the more i look the more i become convinced weve got to tear the whole frecking thing down and start again with some heart this time.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Now my Elvis sandwich is in danger

Toast with sliced banana.and peanut butter and bacon..
Its nothing without the nanners !!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Jesus! You mean I can't even pick up a banana now without thinking about how effed up the world is?? This is the kinda thing that just makes me go bananas! Ah! There it is again! Not only my fruits but now conversational turns of phrase have been tainted...
This is a sad day, indeed... Somebody Flag this Ess 8shh!!! And they wonder why so many millions of people are depressed... It's because even with all the technological stimulation, medication, and distraction, deep down we all know this isn't right! Our way of living... Our chicquita bananas, our Nike tennis shoes, our diamond jewelry... Everything we surround ourselves with carries some suffering that went into it on its way here. And our souls can feel that pain. I believe that with every fiber of my being.

new topics

top topics

join